Treat your friend as if he might become an enemy. -- Publilius Syrus

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

SubjectAuthor
* Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike
`* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsJNugent
 `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike
  `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsJNugent
   `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike
    `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsJNugent
     `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike
      `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsJNugent
       +- Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike
       `* Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike
        `- Re: Effective: NIN filters Google GroupsSpike

1
Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<kslv3mFl6qlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36078&group=uk.rec.cycling#36078

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups
Date: 28 Nov 2023 10:52:38 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 10:52 UTC

Since the recent crapflood of spam postings, the actions taken by Usenet
providers to filter out postings via Google Groups has been highly
effective.

There have been no postings from that source at all arriving via NIN, for
example, since the 24th, four days ago.

Well done NIN! And doubtless other Usenet providers.

Keep the rubbish off Usenet.

--
Spike

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksm2r4Fmc9hU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36079&group=uk.rec.cycling#36079

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:56:20 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:56 UTC

On 28/11/2023 10:52 am, Spike wrote:

> Since the recent crapflood of spam postings, the actions taken by Usenet
> providers to filter out postings via Google Groups has been highly
> effective.
>
> There have been no postings from that source at all arriving via NIN, for
> example, since the 24th, four days ago.
>
> Well done NIN! And doubtless other Usenet providers.
>
> Keep the rubbish off Usenet.

Ah... the penny drops... This explains it...

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksm7mnFo1vgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36080&group=uk.rec.cycling#36080

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 28 Nov 2023 13:19:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:19 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 28/11/2023 10:52 am, Spike wrote:
>>
>> Since the recent crapflood of spam postings, the actions taken by Usenet
>> providers to filter out postings via Google Groups has been highly
>> effective.
>>
>> There have been no postings from that source at all arriving via NIN, for
>> example, since the 24th, four days ago.

>> Well done NIN! And doubtless other Usenet providers.

>> Keep the rubbish off Usenet.

> Ah... the penny drops... This explains it...

Simon Mason put up six posts on the 24th, none of which got past the NIN
servers. Mind you, another 50 spam posts didn’t make it either in that
time. 😀

--
Spike

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksmi5jFr77uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36081&group=uk.rec.cycling#36081

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 16:17:54 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 16:17 UTC

On 28/11/2023 01:19 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 28/11/2023 10:52 am, Spike wrote:
>
>>> Since the recent crapflood of spam postings, the actions taken by Usenet
>>> providers to filter out postings via Google Groups has been highly
>>> effective.
>
>>> There have been no postings from that source at all arriving via NIN, for
>>> example, since the 24th, four days ago.
>
>>> Well done NIN! And doubtless other Usenet providers.
>
>>> Keep the rubbish off Usenet.
>
>> Ah... the penny drops... This explains it...
>
> Simon Mason put up six posts on the 24th, none of which got past the NIN
> servers. Mind you, another 50 spam posts didn’t make it either in that
> time. 😀

And this is all because he posts via Google Groups (neé Deja News)?

Well... (and if he is reading this), he can always get a subscription to
the Berlin Freie Universität server, problem thereby solved.

Mind you, it carries a charge, which is a different problem.

After all, chavs on bikes are entitled to everything, everywhere, every
day, all day, free of charge.

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksmlpiFs63oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36082&group=uk.rec.cycling#36082

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 28 Nov 2023 17:19:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 17:19 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 28/11/2023 01:19 pm, Spike wrote:
>
>> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah... the penny drops... This explains it...
>>
>> Simon Mason put up six posts on the 24th, none of which got past the NIN
>> servers. Mind you, another 50 spam posts didn’t make it either in that
>> time. 😀
>
> And this is all because he posts via Google Groups (neé Deja News)?
>
> Well... (and if he is reading this), he can always get a subscription to
> the Berlin Freie Universität server, problem thereby solved.

> Mind you, it carries a charge, which is a different problem.

Ah, yes, but it is in the EU and the cost is in Eurocurrency, so given
Mason’s attraction to all things EU it should be a slam dunk for him.

> After all, chavs on bikes are entitled to everything, everywhere, every
> day, all day, free of charge.

Don’t they just!

--
Spike

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<kspbctFl59dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36083&group=uk.rec.cycling#36083

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 17:40:45 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 17:40 UTC

On 28/11/2023 05:19 pm, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Simon Mason put up six posts on the 24th, none of which got past the NIN
>>> servers. Mind you, another 50 spam posts didn’t make it either in that
>>> time. 😀
>>
>> And this is all because he posts via Google Groups (neé Deja News)?
>>
>> Well... (and if he is reading this), he can always get a subscription to
>> the Berlin Freie Universität server, problem thereby solved.
>
>> Mind you, it carries a charge, which is a different problem.
>
> Ah, yes, but it is in the EU and the cost is in Eurocurrency, so given
> Mason’s attraction to all things EU it should be a slam dunk for him.
>
>> After all, chavs on bikes are entitled to everything, everywhere, every
>> day, all day, free of charge.
>
> Don’t they just!

Knowing his impressive coding skills, as exemplified by the famous
killfile he wrote for Google Groups, I bet he's working as we type on
writing a new app to get around Google Groups' bad reception from proper
news servers.

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<kspgstFmm89U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36084&group=uk.rec.cycling#36084

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Nov 2023 19:14:38 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 19:14 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 28/11/2023 05:19 pm, Spike wrote:
>> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> And this is all because he posts via Google Groups (neé Deja News)?
>>>
>>> Well... (and if he is reading this), he can always get a subscription to
>>> the Berlin Freie Universität server, problem thereby solved.
>>
>>> Mind you, it carries a charge, which is a different problem.
>>
>> Ah, yes, but it is in the EU and the cost is in Eurocurrency, so given
>> Mason’s attraction to all things EU it should be a slam dunk for him.
>>
>>> After all, chavs on bikes are entitled to everything, everywhere, every
>>> day, all day, free of charge.
>>
>> Don’t they just!

> Knowing his impressive coding skills, as exemplified by the famous
> killfile he wrote for Google Groups, I bet he's working as we type on
> writing a new app to get around Google Groups' bad reception from proper
> news servers.

I wonder if Google’s AI bot has got hold of Mason’s GG KF script somehow
and in awe of how good it was, modified it to kill all of Google’s Usenet
output?

Stranger things…

--
Spike

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<kspqo5Fp3hbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36085&group=uk.rec.cycling#36085

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:02:45 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:02 UTC

On 29/11/2023 07:14 pm, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, yes, but it is in the EU and the cost is in Eurocurrency, so given
>>> Mason’s attraction to all things EU it should be a slam dunk for him.

>>> Don’t they just!
>
>> Knowing his impressive coding skills, as exemplified by the famous
>> killfile he wrote for Google Groups, I bet he's working as we type on
>> writing a new app to get around Google Groups' bad reception from proper
>> news servers.
>
> I wonder if Google’s AI bot has got hold of Mason’s GG KF script somehow
> and in awe of how good it was, modified it to kill all of Google’s Usenet
> output?
>
> Stranger things…

Well...

He's certainly having a go.

At exactly 20:00 tonight, a post appeared to arrive on Thunderbird,
written by Simon Mason and entitled:

"Jail sentence challenge fails over hit-and-run drug driver who killed
boy, 9"

Clicking on it brings up the message:

QUOTE:
(I) Article not found

The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.

Newsgroup server responded: Bad article number
Perhaps the article has expired?
Try searching for article:
<d4ade4f2-c35c-43d9-acb0-55f3c2ba3604n@googlegroups.com> (962194)
ENDQUOTE

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksprhgFpaagU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36086&group=uk.rec.cycling#36086

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Nov 2023 22:16:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:16 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 29/11/2023 07:14 pm, Spike wrote:
>> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Knowing his impressive coding skills, as exemplified by the famous
>>> killfile he wrote for Google Groups, I bet he's working as we type on
>>> writing a new app to get around Google Groups' bad reception from proper
>>> news servers.
>>
>> I wonder if Google’s AI bot has got hold of Mason’s GG KF script somehow
>> and in awe of how good it was, modified it to kill all of Google’s Usenet
>> output?
>>
>> Stranger things…
>
> Well...
>
> He's certainly having a go.
>
> At exactly 20:00 tonight, a post appeared to arrive on Thunderbird,
> written by Simon Mason and entitled:
>
> "Jail sentence challenge fails over hit-and-run drug driver who killed
> boy, 9"
>
> Clicking on it brings up the message:
>
> QUOTE:
> (I) Article not found
>
> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>
> Newsgroup server responded: Bad article number
> Perhaps the article has expired?
> Try searching for article:
> <d4ade4f2-c35c-43d9-acb0-55f3c2ba3604n@googlegroups.com> (962194)
> ENDQUOTE

There’s also another post at 10:08pm

Your missing article, well buried by spam, said this:

QUOTE
Jail sentence challenge fails over hit-and-run drug driver who killed boy,

Simon Mason
8:00 PM
A CHALLENGE over the length of the jail sentence handed to a Keighley drug
driver who killed a nine-year-old boy in a hit-and-run has failed.

It means that the eight-year sentence given to Luke Widdop, 51, after
leaving George Lewis fatally injured in the 2021 crash in Sutton-in-Craven,
will remain the same and not be increased.

The boy’s father, Michael Lewis, and another child were also injured in the
collision which happened as they were walking on the road at around 9pm on
September 17, 2021.

In October Widdop was jailed at Bradford Crown Court, but a bid was made
earlier in November for the sentence to be reviewed under a scheme for
sentences believed to be too lenient.

The Attorney General has decided not to refer Widdop’s sentence to the
Court of Appeal.

During the original hearing, the court heard that dairy worker Widdop had
smoked crack cocaine at some point before driving home in a work van,
speeding at around 50mph, where the limit was 30mph.

Mr Lewis was leading the two children and had illuminated his mobile phone
torch to see the way, and when a vehicle approached, they moved closer to a
stone wall on the lane, which had no pavement.

Widdop admitted causing death by careless driving while unfit through
drugs.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jail-sentence-challenge-fails-over-122421327.html
ENDQUOTE

--
Spike

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksps07FpefcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36087&group=uk.rec.cycling#36087

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 Nov 2023 22:24:07 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 22:24 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 29/11/2023 07:14 pm, Spike wrote:
>> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>>> Knowing his impressive coding skills, as exemplified by the famous
>>> killfile he wrote for Google Groups, I bet he's working as we type on
>>> writing a new app to get around Google Groups' bad reception from proper
>>> news servers.
>>
>> I wonder if Google’s AI bot has got hold of Mason’s GG KF script somehow
>> and in awe of how good it was, modified it to kill all of Google’s Usenet
>> output?
>>
>> Stranger things…
>
> Well...
>
> He's certainly having a go.
>
> At exactly 20:00 tonight, a post appeared to arrive on Thunderbird,
> written by Simon Mason and entitled:
>
> "Jail sentence challenge fails over hit-and-run drug driver who killed
> boy, 9"
>
> Clicking on it brings up the message:
>
> QUOTE:
> (I) Article not found
>
> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>
> Newsgroup server responded: Bad article number
> Perhaps the article has expired?
> Try searching for article:
> <d4ade4f2-c35c-43d9-acb0-55f3c2ba3604n@googlegroups.com> (962194)
> ENDQUOTE

I see the Mason crapflood has started again, it seems like his modus from
12 years ago has turned into a monster, as he has now become the troll
instead of the troll hunter:

“My "job" is to purge urc of troll activity by depriving them of what
they most crave - attention.
If the trolls post excessively then so do I to remove their influence.

And the posts you read by the likes of "Mr Benn", "J Nugent", "The
Medway Handyman", "Mr Cheerful" and "Judith" are not meant to
stimulate healthy debate, but are solely designed to stir up trouble,
anti cycling rhetoric, provoke outrage when they mock dead cyclists
and then decend into hateful personal attacks. And all because we
enjoy cycling.

If you wish to discuss cycling in a troll free environment then there
is now uk.rec.cycling.moderated.

Take care and thanks for your input.”

--
Spike

Re: Effective: NIN filters Google Groups

<ksrl1lFcpmmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36089&group=uk.rec.cycling#36089

From: aero.spike@btinternet.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 30 Nov 2023 14:37:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 30 Nov 2023 14:37 UTC

Spike <aero.spike@btinternet.invalid> wrote:

> I see the Mason crapflood has started again, it seems like his modus from
> 12 years ago has turned into a monster, as he has now become the troll
> instead of the troll hunter:

> “My "job" is to purge urc of troll activity by depriving them of what
> they most crave - attention.
> If the trolls post excessively then so do I to remove their influence.

> And the posts you read by the likes of "Mr Benn", "J Nugent", "The
> Medway Handyman", "Mr Cheerful" and "Judith" are not meant to
> stimulate healthy debate, but are solely designed to stir up trouble,
> anti cycling rhetoric, provoke outrage when they mock dead cyclists
> and then decend into hateful personal attacks. And all because we
> enjoy cycling.

> If you wish to discuss cycling in a troll free environment then there
> is now uk.rec.cycling.moderated.

> Take care and thanks for your input.”
It would be a forlorn hope to try uk.rec.cycling.moderated, as it is so
troll-free it hasn’t had any posts at all for over a year, at the time of
writing.

--
Spike