From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Typical disqualified chav-cyclist disregards his ban...
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:42:50 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:42 UTC

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-67639649>

QUOTE:
A man banned from cycling has been jailed for 11 months after he
travelled to a probation meeting by bike.

Jake Carter, 27, was given a Criminal Behaviour Order in November which
banned him from using a bike or e-scooter in Chelmsford, Essex.

He breached the order twice, and on one occasion cycled to his
appointment with the Probation Service.

Sgt Graham Thomas, of Essex Police, said Carter showed a "complete lack
of respect".

Carter, of Meadgate Avenue, Great Baddow, admitted breaching the order
at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court.

Essex Police said the ban had been imposed on the defendant after he
assaulted "multiple" women in the city after cycling up to them.
ENDQUOTE

I'll be looking out for a few more cycling stories and will always stay
on-topic for this group. I cannot guarantee that all stories will be as
up to the minute as that one.

Re: Typical disqualified chav-cyclist disregards his ban...

<ktg5dqFb1ivU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36124&group=uk.rec.cycling#36124

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 8 Dec 2023 09:19:54 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 09:19 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-67639649>
>
> QUOTE:
> A man banned from cycling has been jailed for 11 months after he
> travelled to a probation meeting by bike.
>
> Jake Carter, 27, was given a Criminal Behaviour Order in November which
> banned him from using a bike or e-scooter in Chelmsford, Essex.
>
> He breached the order twice, and on one occasion cycled to his
> appointment with the Probation Service.
>
> Sgt Graham Thomas, of Essex Police, said Carter showed a "complete lack
> of respect".
>
> Carter, of Meadgate Avenue, Great Baddow, admitted breaching the order
> at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court.
>
> Essex Police said the ban had been imposed on the defendant after he
> assaulted "multiple" women in the city after cycling up to them.
> ENDQUOTE

> I'll be looking out for a few more cycling stories and will always stay
> on-topic for this group. I cannot guarantee that all stories will be as
> up to the minute as that one.

An excellent modus, posting cycling-related reports in a cycling group! It
makes a welcome change for the group to have such on-topic items.

--
Spike