From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only gets a year in
jail...
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:49:57 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:49 UTC

<https://tinyurl.com/y2rxktty>

QUOTE:
A cyclist who crashed into a pedestrian who later died of her injuries
has been jailed.

Elizabeth Stone, known to friends as Jane, was walking along the
pavement in Monmouth with a friend in June last year when she was hit.

Stewart McGinn, 29, rode his bike on the pavement and around a corner at
speed, running into Mrs Stone head on.

The force of the impact knocked the 79-year-old to the ground and caused
a serious head injury.

McGinn did not stop and rode away.

Emergency services attended the scene of the crash and Mrs Stone was
taken to hospital. However the injuries she had sustained proved to be
fatal.

McGinn pleaded guilty to causing bodily harm by wanton or furious
driving and was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on 14 July to one year
in jail - the maximum sentence being two years. He was also banned from
driving for two-and-a-half years.
ENDQUOTE

Re: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only gets a year in jail...

<ul1pcd$27825$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36128&group=uk.rec.cycling#36128

From: invalid@invalid.com (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only gets a year
in jail...
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 13:17:01 +0000
 by: Brian - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 13:17 UTC

On 07/12/2023 19:49, JNugent wrote:
> <https://tinyurl.com/y2rxktty>
>
> QUOTE:
> A cyclist who crashed into a pedestrian who later died of her injuries
> has been jailed.
>
> Elizabeth Stone, known to friends as Jane, was walking along the
> pavement in Monmouth with a friend in June last year when she was hit.
>
> Stewart McGinn, 29, rode his bike on the pavement and around a corner at
> speed, running into Mrs Stone head on.
>
> The force of the impact knocked the 79-year-old to the ground and caused
> a serious head injury.
>
> McGinn did not stop and rode away.
>
> Emergency services attended the scene of the crash and Mrs Stone was
> taken to hospital. However the injuries she had sustained proved to be
> fatal.
>
> McGinn pleaded guilty to causing bodily harm by wanton or furious
> driving and was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on 14 July to one year
> in jail - the maximum sentence being two years. He was also banned from
> driving for two-and-a-half years.
> ENDQUOTE

Yet, in a case where a cyclist killed herself in similar case, an
innocent pedestrian she put in fear of her life was jailed.

Re: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only gets a year in jail...

<ktjbpiF7bhrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36130&group=uk.rec.cycling#36130

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only
gets a year in jail...
Date: 9 Dec 2023 14:26:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 14:26 UTC

Brian <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
> On 07/12/2023 19:49, JNugent wrote:
>> <https://tinyurl.com/y2rxktty>
>>
>> QUOTE:
>> A cyclist who crashed into a pedestrian who later died of her injuries
>> has been jailed.
>>
>> Elizabeth Stone, known to friends as Jane, was walking along the
>> pavement in Monmouth with a friend in June last year when she was hit.
>>
>> Stewart McGinn, 29, rode his bike on the pavement and around a corner at
>> speed, running into Mrs Stone head on.
>>
>> The force of the impact knocked the 79-year-old to the ground and caused
>> a serious head injury.
>>
>> McGinn did not stop and rode away.
>>
>> Emergency services attended the scene of the crash and Mrs Stone was
>> taken to hospital. However the injuries she had sustained proved to be
>> fatal.
>>
>> McGinn pleaded guilty to causing bodily harm by wanton or furious
>> driving and was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on 14 July to one year
>> in jail - the maximum sentence being two years. He was also banned from
>> driving for two-and-a-half years.
>> ENDQUOTE
>
> Yet, in a case where a cyclist killed herself in similar case, an
> innocent pedestrian she put in fear of her life was jailed.

There’s no shades of Grey in the cycling world…

--
Spike

Re: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only gets a year in jail...

<ktjphgFarejU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36131&group=uk.rec.cycling#36131

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in jail...
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 18:21:37 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 18:21 UTC

On 09/12/2023 02:26 pm, Spike wrote:

> Brian <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>> On 07/12/2023 19:49, JNugent wrote:

>>> <https://tinyurl.com/y2rxktty>
>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> A cyclist who crashed into a pedestrian who later died of her injuries
>>> has been jailed.
>>> Elizabeth Stone, known to friends as Jane, was walking along the
>>> pavement in Monmouth with a friend in June last year when she was hit.
>>> Stewart McGinn, 29, rode his bike on the pavement and around a corner at
>>> speed, running into Mrs Stone head on.
>>> The force of the impact knocked the 79-year-old to the ground and caused
>>> a serious head injury.
>>> McGinn did not stop and rode away.
>>> Emergency services attended the scene of the crash and Mrs Stone was
>>> taken to hospital. However the injuries she had sustained proved to be
>>> fatal.
>>> McGinn pleaded guilty to causing bodily harm by wanton or furious
>>> driving and was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on 14 July to one year
>>> in jail - the maximum sentence being two years. He was also banned from
>>> driving for two-and-a-half years.
>>> ENDQUOTE
>
>> Yet, in a case where a cyclist killed herself in similar case, an
>> innocent pedestrian she put in fear of her life was jailed.
>
> There’s no shades of Grey in the cycling world…

....and very little grey matter.

Re: Chav on chav-bike kills pedestrian on FOOTway... only gets a year in jail...

<ul3q7s$2jsma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36132&group=uk.rec.cycling#36132

From: muzhmuzh@centrum.sk (Peter Keller)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in jail...
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 20:43:56 +1300
 by: Peter Keller - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 07:43 UTC

On 10/12/23 03:26, Spike wrote:
> Brian <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>> On 07/12/2023 19:49, JNugent wrote:
>>> <https://tinyurl.com/y2rxktty>
>>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> A cyclist who crashed into a pedestrian who later died of her injuries
>>> has been jailed.
>>>
>>> Elizabeth Stone, known to friends as Jane, was walking along the
>>> pavement in Monmouth with a friend in June last year when she was hit.
>>>
>>> Stewart McGinn, 29, rode his bike on the pavement and around a corner at
>>> speed, running into Mrs Stone head on.
>>>
>>> The force of the impact knocked the 79-year-old to the ground and caused
>>> a serious head injury.
>>>
>>> McGinn did not stop and rode away.
>>>
>>> Emergency services attended the scene of the crash and Mrs Stone was
>>> taken to hospital. However the injuries she had sustained proved to be
>>> fatal.
>>>
>>> McGinn pleaded guilty to causing bodily harm by wanton or furious
>>> driving and was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court on 14 July to one year
>>> in jail - the maximum sentence being two years. He was also banned from
>>> driving for two-and-a-half years.
>>> ENDQUOTE
>>
>> Yet, in a case where a cyclist killed herself in similar case, an
>> innocent pedestrian she put in fear of her life was jailed.
>
> There’s no shades of Grey in the cycling world…

Correct.
My bicycle is blue.