From: mungo@invalid.not (Mungo Jerry)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Driver who stopped for wee in layby fined for littering despite
prostate problems
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 17:15:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mungo Jerry - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 17:15 UTC

On Fri, 08 Dec 2023 05:31:51 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

> A man who was forced to stop for a wee in a layby because of his
> prostate problems that make him urinate frequently was shocked to
> receive an £88 fixed penalty notice for littering.
>
> Michael Mason, 69, was about to join the M25 but was worried he wouldn’t
> have been able to drive the whole trip without going to the toilet so
> pulled over to relieve himself. He claims that after a “very, very
> discreet” wee an officer from District Enforcement tapped on his car
> window and told him he had been “caught littering”.
>
> Although Michael says he explained it was an emergency, the firm
> contracted by Dacorum Borough Council that dealt with the incident said
> this wasn’t made clear. Michael, from Winslow in Buckinghamshire, later
> went to his doctor to get a note that proved he had a medical condition.
>
> He told the BBC after phoning the Jonathan Vernon-Smith show to
> highlight what happened: “I managed to make it to the layby. I made sure
> nobody could see me and was very, very discreet. I don't believe it's
> the spirit of the law, in this case, to fine people for littering.”
>
> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/driver-who-stopped-wee-
layby-31621021

That's taking the piss.

Re: Driver who stopped for wee in layby fined for littering despite prostate problems

<ktlvnvFscvoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36135&group=uk.rec.cycling#36135

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
prostate problems
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 14:19:43 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 14:19 UTC

On 08/12/2023 05:15 pm, Mungo Jerry wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Dec 2023 05:31:51 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> A man who was forced to stop for a wee in a layby because of his
>> prostate problems that make him urinate frequently was shocked to
>> receive an £88 fixed penalty notice for littering.
>>
>> Michael Mason, 69, was about to join the M25 but was worried he wouldn’t
>> have been able to drive the whole trip without going to the toilet so
>> pulled over to relieve himself. He claims that after a “very, very
>> discreet” wee an officer from District Enforcement tapped on his car
>> window and told him he had been “caught littering”.
>>
>> Although Michael says he explained it was an emergency, the firm
>> contracted by Dacorum Borough Council that dealt with the incident said
>> this wasn’t made clear. Michael, from Winslow in Buckinghamshire, later
>> went to his doctor to get a note that proved he had a medical condition.
>>
>> He told the BBC after phoning the Jonathan Vernon-Smith show to
>> highlight what happened: “I managed to make it to the layby. I made sure
>> nobody could see me and was very, very discreet. I don't believe it's
>> the spirit of the law, in this case, to fine people for littering.”
>>
>> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/driver-who-stopped-wee-
> layby-31621021
>

> That's taking the piss.

That would be May Sun's standard MO if only he were clever enough.

But despite his extensive academic training in the legal and janitorial
professions, he... isn't.

But he thinks he is.