From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-cyclist who failed drug test jailed for causing crash which
left another cyclist needing leg amputated
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 16:23:27 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 16:23 UTC

On 11/12/2023 04:16 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A [chav]cyclist has been jailed after admitting to using cannabis before causing a collision which left a female cyclist needing her leg amputated.
> Samuel James was jailed for three and a half years at Basildon Crown Court on Friday, the Basildon Echo (link is external) reports, the court hearing that the motorcyclist had "never passed a driving test, had no insurance and was travelling with fake plates".
> The 29-year-old was drug tested seven and a half hours after the horrific collision three years ago on St Nicholas Lane, Basildon, and was found to have 3.5 micrograms of THC in his system, the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis.
> Prosecuting, Connall Bailie said "this level of THC during a collision is likely to significantly impair one's performance riding a motorcycle" and told the court that a witness had overheard James admitting the crash was his fault.
> Less than a month after the crash the cyclist, who had been "in the road for two seconds when she was struck", had her right leg amputated below the knee. The collision had left her unconscious before she was rushed to a nearby hospital with lung punctures, fractures to her arms and legs, fractured ribs, and muscle-deep lacerations.
> James was also taken to the same hospital in Basildon, where he was arrested by the police. Despite initially pleading not guilty and being interviewed twice following his arrest, at the first saying he could not recall the incident, the motorcyclist later admitted responsibility and changed his plea on 25 October 2020.
> Prosecuting, Mr Bailie told the court: "Following the incident, a witness overheard Mr James stating words to the effect of: 'It was their fault'. The victim was in the road for two seconds when she was struck by the defendant's Suzuki motorcycle causing both parties to be lifted in the air.
> "When Mr James got up he appeared to be more annoyed by the damage done to his motorcycle and indicated he thought the defendant was dead.
> "This level of THC during a collision is likely to significantly impair one's performance riding a motorcycle. Mr James had also never passed a driving test, had no insurance and was travelling with fake plates, also failing to report the incident."
> Speaking on behalf of James, Rhys Rosser said his client had "expressed his apology for what has happened" but accepted "nothing he can do or say can remedy the harm".
> James was sentenced to 42 months in prison (three years and six months), and has been banned from driving for five years and nine months.

> https://road.cc/content/news/motorcyclist-who-failed-drug-test-jailed-causing-crash-305603

Never passed a driving test, had no insurance, travelling without valid
numberplates and a druggie to boot.

How much better qualified to be a chav-cyclist is it possible to BE?

Mind you, May Sun is scraping the barrel, even for this case. After all,
the chav-cyclist (that's ALL he was qualified for) pleaded guilty in
late October 2020.

And with a sentence of three and a half years, he's probably been out,
riding another chav-cycle, for a while now, hasn't he?

Re: Chav-cyclist who failed drug test jailed for causing crash which left another cyclist needing leg amputated

<ktptbtFp7adU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36151&group=uk.rec.cycling#36151

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
left another cyclist needing leg amputated
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 02:03:42 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 02:03 UTC

On 11/12/2023 04:23 pm, JNugent wrote:
> [...]
>> "expressed his apology for what has happened" but accepted "nothing he
>> can do or say can remedy the harm".
>> James was sentenced to 42 months in prison (three years and six
>> months), and has been banned from driving for five years and nine months.
>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/motorcyclist-who-failed-drug-test-jailed-causing-crash-305603
>>

> Never passed a driving test, had no insurance, travelling without valid
> numberplates and a druggie to boot.
>
> How much better qualified to be a chav-cyclist is it possible to BE?
>
> Mind you, May Sun is scraping the barrel, even for this case. After all,
> the chav-cyclist (that's ALL he was qualified for) pleaded guilty in
> late October 2020.
>
> And with a sentence of three and a half years, he's probably been out,
> riding another chav-cycle, for a while now, hasn't he?

May Sun tried to respond to this.

The message read:

Article not found

The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.

Newsgroup server responded: Bad article number
Perhaps the article has expired?
Try searching for article:
<e0e9758b-0628-4fd2-bb7a-d7d64d0ebecan@googlegroups.com> (962424)

News Individual Net: 1
Google Groups: 0

(again)

Re: Chav-cyclist who failed drug test jailed for causing crash which left another cyclist needing leg amputated

<ktqm85F8ftU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36152&group=uk.rec.cycling#36152

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-cyclist who failed drug test jailed for causing
crash which left another cyclist needing leg amputated
Date: 12 Dec 2023 09:08:21 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 09:08 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> months), and has been banned from driving for five years and nine months.
>>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/motorcyclist-who-failed-drug-test-jailed-causing-crash-305603
>>>

>> Never passed a driving test, had no insurance, travelling without valid
>> numberplates and a druggie to boot.
>>
>> How much better qualified to be a chav-cyclist is it possible to BE?
>>
>> Mind you, May Sun is scraping the barrel, even for this case. After all,
>> the chav-cyclist (that's ALL he was qualified for) pleaded guilty in
>> late October 2020.
>>
>> And with a sentence of three and a half years, he's probably been out,
>> riding another chav-cycle, for a while now, hasn't he?
>
> May Sun tried to respond to this.
>
> The message read:
>
> Article not found
>
> The newsgroup server reports that it can't find the article.
>
> Newsgroup server responded: Bad article number

I didn’t see the original message at all; I guess that my client won’t
download it unless complete, whereas T-bird will report something is awry.

If that’s the case, there is no real point in continuing to monitor Mason’s
mangled messages, as the results depend on the news client. A recent
rejection rate for the first 10 days of December is some 85%.

OOI I looked up Mason’s message on GG. Laughingly, he is now complaining
that the motorcyclist involved will come out of prison better equipped for
a life of crime! And this after so many calls from him and his running-dogs
for harsher sentences!

I suppose there’s no point in asking him what sort of punishment would
counter his concerns about prison, but calling for harsher sentences and
then complaining about the results seems rather nihilist.

--
Spike