Authentic: Indubitably true, in somebody's opinion.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest fined

SubjectAuthor
* Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest finedSimon Mason
+- OT: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protestJNugent
`- Re: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest finedSimon Mason

1
Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest fined

<f831e16d-618c-4d04-aa17-54b6151b6de3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36187&group=uk.rec.cycling#36187

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:09:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest fined
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:09 UTC

A man had been fined £120 after he drove “at speed” through an Extinction Rebellion protest.

Hanzhi Jiang, 28, of Belvedere Road in Lambeth, was found guilty of driving without reasonable consideration for user road users.

Court documents state that on April 22 this year he failed to comply with road closures that were in place in Westminster due to an Extinction Rebellion event.

The charge sheet stated: “There were two sets of road closures, the first closure was at the junction of John Islip Street and Bulinga Street. The second closure was at John Islip Street and Marsham Street

“There were several clearly and correctly displayed road traffic sign, namely two no entry signs and direction arrows with cones. The signs were situated so as to be clearly visible to approaching traffic and were lawfully placed.

“The driver failed to comply with the signs by driving straight past both sets of signs at speed towards Page Street.

“The march which Extinction Rebellion were engaged in had over 10,000 people with families and children. If the car had come into contact with these, it would have caused serious injuries, if not fatal.”

On December 5 Jiang’s case was heard at Bromley Magistrates’ Court, he was not present.

The charges were found guilty in his absence.

Jiang was fined £120, told to pay £110 in costs and a £48 surcharge.

He was also given five points on his licence.

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/23989863.bentley-driver-drove-extinction-rebellion-protest-fined/

OT: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest fined and absolutely nowt about chav-cyclists or their chav-bikes.

<ku6oh4FmnnkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36190&group=uk.rec.cycling#36190

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OT: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest
fined and absolutely nowt about chav-cyclists or their chav-bikes.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:00:51 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:00 UTC

On 16/12/2023 10:09 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A man had been fined £120 after he drove “at speed” through an Extinction Rebellion protest.
> Hanzhi Jiang, 28, of Belvedere Road in Lambeth, was found guilty of driving without reasonable consideration for user road users.
> Court documents state that on April 22 this year he failed to comply with road closures that were in place in Westminster due to an Extinction Rebellion event.
> The charge sheet stated: “There were two sets of road closures, the first closure was at the junction of John Islip Street and Bulinga Street. The second closure was at John Islip Street and Marsham Street
> “There were several clearly and correctly displayed road traffic sign, namely two no entry signs and direction arrows with cones. The signs were situated so as to be clearly visible to approaching traffic and were lawfully placed.
> “The driver failed to comply with the signs by driving straight past both sets of signs at speed towards Page Street.
> “The march which Extinction Rebellion were engaged in had over 10,000 people with families and children. If the car had come into contact with these, it would have caused serious injuries, if not fatal.”
> On December 5 Jiang’s case was heard at Bromley Magistrates’ Court, he was not present.
> The charges were found guilty in his absence.
> Jiang was fined £120, told to pay £110 in costs and a £48 surcharge.
> He was also given five points on his licence.

> https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/23989863.bentley-driver-drove-extinction-rebellion-protest-fined/

Oh dear... yet another trolling post by May Sun.

100% off-topic for uk.rec.cycling and that's because there are no
chav-cyclists making an appearance (other than for May Sun himself).

Re: Bentley driver who drove through Extinction Rebellion protest fined

<0b58988f-ae86-4ba3-9125-a9476d2385fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36207&group=uk.rec.cycling#36207

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 01:10:12 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 09:10 UTC

QUOTE: The driver failed to comply with the signs by driving straight past both sets of signs at speed towards Page Street.ENDS

Just a normal scofflaw driver then.