Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:45:41 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Volkswagen driver fined after 'unacceptable' parking in Fairford
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:45 UTC

A VOLKSWAGEN driver whose car was obstructing a pavement in Fairford this morning was handed a fixed penalty notice.

Fairford and Lechlade Neighbourhood Policing Team officers spotted this vehicle obstructing the pavement on the A417 Bridge Street in Fairford for more than an hour on Thursday, December 14 and have called this kind of behaviour 'unacceptable'.

The team has been clamping down on dangerous parking in other villages and towns in the area over the last month such as Bibury and Ampney Crucis.

PCOS Zaheer Bulbul from the neighbourhood policing team said: "Please can we remind motorists to park sensibly, in order to avoid being issued with a fixed penalty notice.

"The vehicle in this image was spotted this morning blocking the pavement for over an hour.

"This is unacceptable and unfair on pedestrians and wheelchair/pushchair users.

"It is never our intention to issue a fixed penalty notice when dealing with vehicle obstructions and we will always do our best to locate the driver to remove the obstruction.

"However, sometimes this won't be possible for numerous reasons."

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/23991408.volkswagen-driver-fined-unacceptable-parking-fairford/

MORE TROLLING BY MAY SUN "Volkswagen driver fined after 'unacceptable' parking in Fairford" (and nothing at all about chav-cyclists and chav-bikes)

<ku6p41FmnnkU10@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36198&group=uk.rec.cycling#36198

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: MORE TROLLING BY MAY SUN "Volkswagen driver fined after
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:10:56 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:10 UTC

On 16/12/2023 07:45 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A VOLKSWAGEN driver whose car was obstructing a pavement in Fairford this morning was handed a fixed penalty notice.
> Fairford and Lechlade Neighbourhood Policing Team officers spotted this vehicle obstructing the pavement on the A417 Bridge Street in Fairford for more than an hour on Thursday, December 14 and have called this kind of behaviour 'unacceptable'.
> The team has been clamping down on dangerous parking in other villages and towns in the area over the last month such as Bibury and Ampney Crucis.
> PCOS Zaheer Bulbul from the neighbourhood policing team said: "Please can we remind motorists to park sensibly, in order to avoid being issued with a fixed penalty notice.
> "The vehicle in this image was spotted this morning blocking the pavement for over an hour.
> "This is unacceptable and unfair on pedestrians and wheelchair/pushchair users.
> "It is never our intention to issue a fixed penalty notice when dealing with vehicle obstructions and we will always do our best to locate the driver to remove the obstruction.
> "However, sometimes this won't be possible for numerous reasons."

> https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/23991408.volkswagen-driver-fined-unacceptable-parking-fairford/

Oh dear... yet another trolling post by May Sun.

100% off-topic for uk.rec.cycling and that's because there are no
chav-cyclists making an appearance (other than for May Sun himself).

Re: Volkswagen driver fined after 'unacceptable' parking in Fairford

<73894ab5-c87d-4b3c-b026-36f0fe5b6dbfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36214&group=uk.rec.cycling#36214

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 01:16:47 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 09:16 UTC

On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 7:45:43 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE: A VOLKSWAGEN driver whose car was obstructing a pavement in Fairford this morning was handed a fixed penalty notice. ENDS

They don't care about blocking footpaths.