Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 14:08:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Appeal for cyclist to come forward after serious collision
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:08 UTC

Our officers are keen to identify a cyclist who travelled along Old Dock Approach Road, Grays shortly after a collision which left two runners seriously injured.

Two women were running along Dock Road shortly after 8.10pm on Wednesday (8 November).

They were then in collision with a vehicle at the junction with Marshfoot Road and Old Dock Approach Road.

The car – believed to be a dark-coloured BMW – failed to stop at the scene of the collision, making off along Old Dock Approach Road towards the B149 Wood View.

Extensive enquiries continue with this investigation and we would like to thank the members of the public who have so far assisted with this enquiry.

Now, we want to speak to a cyclist we believe was overtaken by the car involved in the collision shortly after the incident. We believe the cyclist had a red flashing light attached to the back of their bike.

A 21 -year-old man from Grays was arrested in relation to this incident on 26 November and has been released under investigation.

Detective Sergeant Steve Holmes said:

“It has now been a month since this collision, where two runners have been left with serious injuries.
“We would like to thank all the members of the public that have responded to our appeals so far.
“This cyclist may have vital information in connection to this investigation, and we would urgently like to speak to them. Any details they have could be crucial to our enquiries.”

We encourage anyone who may have information relating to this incident and has not yet been in touch to contact us, quoting incident number 1095 of 8 November.

https://www.essex.police.uk/news/essex/news/news/2023/december/grays-witness-appeal-collision/