Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 05:56:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Young cyclist in serious condition following fail to stop collision
in Bournemouth
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:56 UTC

Officers are appealing for witnesses or anyone with dashcam footage to come forward following a reported fail-to-stop collision in Bournemouth.

Dorset Police received a report at 7.34pm on Monday 18 December 2023 of a collision involving a car and a cyclist in Knighton Heath Road, close to the junction with High Howe Lane.

The cyclist – a 14-year-old boy – sustained serious injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment. His condition is described as very serious and his family has been notified.

It is reported that the vehicle, a silver Volvo, failed to stop at the scene. Following enquiries, a 59-year-old man from Bournemouth was arrested on suspicion of driving offences.

Police Sergeant Mike Gatfield, of the Roads Policing Team, said: “We are carrying out enquiries to establish the full circumstances of this collision and I am appealing to any witnesses who have not already spoken to police to please get in touch.

“I would also like to hear from any motorists who were travelling in the area and may have captured anything of relevance on dashcam footage.

“Finally, I would like to thank the public for their patience and understanding while the road closures were in place. These were absolutely necessary to allow the emergency services to carry out their work.”

https://dorseteye.com/young-cyclist-in-serious-condition-following-fail-to-stop-collision-in-bournemouth/