Let's just be friends and make no special effort to ever see each other again.

aus+uk / uk.rec.gardening / Re: Wellingtons

SubjectAuthor
* WellingtonsChris J Dixon
+* Re: WellingtonsTim+
|`* Re: WellingtonsThe Natural Philosopher
| `* Re: WellingtonsHarry Bloomfield Esq
|  `- Re: WellingtonsThe Natural Philosopher
+- Re: WellingtonsThe Natural Philosopher
+* Re: Wellingtonsalan_m
|`* Re: WellingtonsJeff Layman
| `* Re: Wellingtonsalan_m
|  `- Re: WellingtonsJeff Layman
+* Re: WellingtonsBob Hobden
|`* Re: WellingtonsAndrew
| +- Re: WellingtonsAndy Burns
| `* Re: WellingtonsBob Hobden
|  `* Re: WellingtonsTim+
|   +* Re: Wellingtonscharles
|   |+* Re: WellingtonsThe Natural Philosopher
|   ||`* Re: Wellingtonsalan_m
|   || +- Re: WellingtonsThe Natural Philosopher
|   || `- Re: WellingtonsAndrew
|   |`* Re: WellingtonsAndrew
|   | `* Re: WellingtonsRod Speed
|   |  `- Re: Wellingtonsnib
|   `* Re: WellingtonsBob Hobden
|    +- Re: WellingtonsRod Speed
|    `- Re: WellingtonsAndrew
`- Re: WellingtonsMichael Chare

Pages:12
Re: Wellingtons

<op.2lkb1rmpbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3640&group=uk.rec.gardening#3640

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Wellingtons
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 05:52:29 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:52 UTC

On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 22:23:29 +1100, Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com>
wrote:

> On 27/03/2024 22:00, charles wrote:
>> In article
>> <1142038961.733261828.914488.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>,
>> Tim+ <timdownieuk@yahoo.co.youkay> wrote:

>>> I think there's "using a rotary mower" and "USING A ROTARY MOWER".
>>> I've
>>> used a rotor mower for the past 40 years and never felt in danger of
>>> chopping my toes off. My lawn is flat and I think the risk is
>>> minuscule.
>>> If you're gonna use one on a slippery slope however...
>> More risk with a Flymo than one with wheels
>>

> "Less Bovver than a Hovver"
>
> If you are using any rotary powered lawnmower and
> are pulling it backwards and trip, your immediate
> reaction is to grip the handle harder, thus
> keeping the engine going.

None of mine have ever had a handle like that.

Re: Wellingtons

<l70fs7F9v0fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3641&group=uk.rec.gardening#3641

From: news@caffnib.co.uk (nib)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 20:22:47 +0100
 by: nib - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 19:22 UTC

On 2024-04-01 19:52, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Apr 2024 22:23:29 +1100, Andrew <Andrew97d@btinternet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 27/03/2024 22:00, charles wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <1142038961.733261828.914488.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>,

>>>  More risk with a Flymo than one with wheels
>>>

>> "Less Bovver than a Hovver"
>>
>> If you are using any rotary powered lawnmower and
>> are pulling it backwards and trip, your immediate
>> reaction is to grip the handle harder, thus
>> keeping the engine going.
>
> None of mine have ever had a handle like that.

On my Flymo, if you yank it backwards, yes you tend to pull on the
safety trigger, but the back of the mower tends to dig into the lawn,
trying to lift the front of the mover off the ground. But that movement
is restricted by the pivots of the handle having a limited range of
movement, and the back stays in firm contact with the ground.

nib