From: pwllgloyw@gmail.com (Polly@golly)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Daffodils
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:32:59 +0100
 by: Polly@golly - Sat, 6 Apr 2024 14:32 UTC

I noticed, whilst dead-heading the daffolins this week, how tall they
gone this year. As far as I remember, the bulbs were all from previuous
years, but I do not remember them being over 2ft tall before. Is in just
the weather we have been having? It effects both the garden planted and
pot planted ones.

(I do also have some that are over 3ft tall, but I believe that is due
to an evergreen shrub having grown vigourously last summer has blocked
the light from the daffs and they have had to grow to reach the light!)

Re: Daffodils

<l7f9p5Fla0rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3643&group=uk.rec.gardening#3643

From: NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Daffodils
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 11:10:44 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 10:10 UTC

On 06/04/2024 15:32, Polly@golly wrote:
> I noticed, whilst dead-heading the daffolins this week, how tall they
> gone this year. As far as I remember, the bulbs were all from previuous
> years, but I do not remember them being over 2ft tall before. Is in just
> the weather we have been having? It effects both the garden planted and
> pot planted ones.

One of my indoor Hippeastrum has a flower stem nearly 3 feet tall this year!

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Daffodils

<uuuoot$2ue43$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3644&group=uk.rec.gardening#3644

From: nmm@wheeler.UUCP (Nick Maclaren)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:30:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nick Maclaren - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:30 UTC

In article <uurmer$24jit$1@dont-email.me>,
Polly@golly <pwllgloyw@gmail.com> wrote:
>I noticed, whilst dead-heading the daffolins this week, how tall they
>gone this year. As far as I remember, the bulbs were all from previuous
>years, but I do not remember them being over 2ft tall before. Is in just
>the weather we have been having? It effects both the garden planted and
>pot planted ones.

Probably. Warmish, wet conditions with little light.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.