An ounce of hypocrisy is worth a pound of ambition. -- Michael Korda

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bike

SubjectAuthor
* Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bikeSimon Mason
+- Re: Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bikeJNugent
`- Re: Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bikeSimon Mason

1
Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bike

<90a09bbb-eada-4db7-9e2d-eb7cdf9919a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36497&group=uk.rec.cycling#36497

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 03:43:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 11:43 UTC

A man in his 60s has died after an "altercation" with a man riding a bike in the city's west end on Tuesday morning, Toronto police say.

In an update at the scene Tuesday afternoon, Inspector Peter Wehby said police were called to the area of Roncesvalles and Boustead avenues just after 9 a.m. for reports of an unconscious male on the ground. They also received a call about a suspicious man on a bike.

"We believe the male had interaction with a second male, and at that time there was some kind of an altercation that we believe happened, which resulted in the male going unconscious," he said.

Wehby said police are unsure if the incident was targeted or not. He would not provide details about what is meant by "altercation."

When officers arrived they say they found the victim who was transported to hospital in life-threatening condition. Wehby said the victim died in hospital.

Toronto police are calling the death suspicious and say detectives at 11 Division are probing the incident. They are calling on the public to help by providing any video.

"If you've seen a person riding a bicycle, acting suspiciously, please call 11 Division," said Wehby.

Initially police said Tuesday morning that the victim had been struck by an object, but Wehby said later that could not be confirmed. He said police do not believe the victim was on a bike.

Police are looking for a suspect, described as a white man in his 40s and approximately five foot nine with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a black jacket and black pants, and riding a black mountain bike.

Meanwhile, police say Boustead Avenue is closed from Indian Road to Roncesvalles Avenue. Alhambra Avenue is also closed at Boustead. Police say motorists should avoid the area.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cyclist-struck-by-object-1.7069471

Re: Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bike

<kv30tmFdidnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36502&group=uk.rec.cycling#36502

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:15:50 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:15 UTC

On 27/12/2023 11:43 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> A man in his 60s has died after an "altercation" with a man riding a bike in the city's west end on Tuesday morning, Toronto police say.
>
> In an update at the scene Tuesday afternoon, Inspector Peter Wehby said police were called to the area of Roncesvalles and Boustead avenues just after 9 a.m. for reports of an unconscious male on the ground. They also received a call about a suspicious man on a bike.
>
> "We believe the male had interaction with a second male, and at that time there was some kind of an altercation that we believe happened, which resulted in the male going unconscious," he said.
>
> Wehby said police are unsure if the incident was targeted or not. He would not provide details about what is meant by "altercation."
>
> When officers arrived they say they found the victim who was transported to hospital in life-threatening condition. Wehby said the victim died in hospital.
>
> Toronto police are calling the death suspicious and say detectives at 11 Division are probing the incident. They are calling on the public to help by providing any video.
>
> "If you've seen a person riding a bicycle, acting suspiciously, please call 11 Division," said Wehby.
>
> Initially police said Tuesday morning that the victim had been struck by an object, but Wehby said later that could not be confirmed. He said police do not believe the victim was on a bike.
>
> Police are looking for a suspect, described as a white man in his 40s and approximately five foot nine with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a black jacket and black pants, and riding a black mountain bike.
>
> Meanwhile, police say Boustead Avenue is closed from Indian Road to Roncesvalles Avenue. Alhambra Avenue is also closed at Boustead. Police say motorists should avoid the area.
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cyclist-struck-by-object-1.7069471

Sounds like a murder investigation, doesn't it?

"...If you've seen a person riding a bicycle, acting suspiciously,
please call 11 Division..."

Do any chavs ride chav-bikes in any other manner?

Re: Man dead after 'altercation' with cyclist on mountain bike

<e7e03974-095a-40e1-99f8-452f6c6c76ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36508&group=uk.rec.cycling#36508

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 08:23:21 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:23 UTC

QUOTE: He was last seen wearing a black jacket and black pants, and riding a black mountain bike. ENDS

Surely, such an entity would be invisible © to the naked eye? :-)