From: charlie@roselandhouse.co.uk (Charlie Pridham)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Gage trees?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:58:32 +0100
 by: Charlie Pridham - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:58 UTC

We have 3 Gages all different, they have been in a number of years, have
grown well and flower well but very rarely set fruit, also in the fruit
cage with them are a Victoria plum and Merry Weather Damson which both
fruit well. plus the hedge rows around are full of Blackthorn. I am
struggling to see what if anything I can do to encourage fruit set
--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

Re: Gage trees?

<MPG.408b80d9911a2682989c46@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3653&group=uk.rec.gardening#3653

From: nobody@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Gage trees?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:12:07 +0100
 by: Janet - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:12 UTC

In article <uvrfv8$2b8h1$1@dont-email.me>,
charlie@roselandhouse.co.uk says...

> We have 3 Gages all different, they have been in a number of years, have
> grown well and flower well but very rarely set fruit,

Oh dear, that's depressing :-( Last year I bought a
shapely very cheap little "Reine Claude" (in Tesco's)
and it's just about to open its first flowers

Janet.