From: junk@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Cherry
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:58:35 +0100
 by: alan_m - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:58 UTC

I have an (eating) cheery tree in my garden in full bloom the other day
until for five minutes we had very strong gale force winds and a hail
storm. This stripped ALL the blooms. I now wonder if I will get a crop
this year.

Ten minutes after this event the wind dropped to a light breeze and
there was a clear sky with bright sunshine :)

Re: Cherry

<C2OdnefB7Nj4z7_7nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3655&group=uk.rec.gardening#3655

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:15:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Cherry
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
From: tahiri2@tanygraig.force9.co.uk (tahiri)
 by: tahiri - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:15 UTC

On 18/04/2024 20:58, alan_m wrote:

> I have an (eating) cheery tree in my garden in full bloom the other day
> until for five minutes we had very strong gale force winds and a hail
> storm.  This stripped ALL the blooms. I now wonder if I will get a crop
> this year.
>
> Ten minutes after this event the wind dropped to a light breeze and
> there was a clear sky with bright sunshine :)

Most fruit trees are susceptible to unexpected weather problems. If the
hail only stripped the petals off, I think yours will probably be okay.
My pear had just finished flowering when we woke up to yesterday's
frost, so I am hoping that with a bit of luck it will still fruit.

Re: Cherry

<66225721.771717843@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3656&group=uk.rec.gardening#3656

From: nospam@please.invalid (AnthonyL)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:36:44 GMT
 by: AnthonyL - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:36 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:58:35 +0100, alan_m <junk@admac.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:

>I have an (eating) cheery tree in my garden in full bloom the other day
>until for five minutes we had very strong gale force winds and a hail
>storm. This stripped ALL the blooms. I now wonder if I will get a crop
>this year.
>
>Ten minutes after this event the wind dropped to a light breeze and
>there was a clear sky with bright sunshine :)

All that would mean to me is that the squirrels and pigeons will be
deprived of first choice.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?