<kceee^> I hate users <knghtbrd> you sound like a sysadmin already!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

SubjectAuthor
* Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason
+- Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on HullJNugent
+* Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason
|`- Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverJNugent
+* Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason
|+- Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverJNugent
|`* Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason
| +- Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverJNugent
| `* Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason
|  `- Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverJNugent
`* Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason
 +- OFF-TOPIC TROLL POST by TROLL May Sun: "Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen'JNugent
 `- Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driverSimon Mason

1
Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<504aa61a-2089-4d6b-9b42-2c9439f111fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36377&group=uk.rec.cycling#36377

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 08:10:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 16:10 UTC

Police were called after a cyclist claimed to have made a citizen's arrest on a bus driver in west Hull.

Writing on social media, the cyclist claimed to have been "nearly wiped out" by the bus while riding on Monday. He said he then pulled up on his bike in front of the bus to stop it.

The cyclist claimed that he then got on to the bus, announced to the passengers that he believed the driver was "under the influence of alcohol or drugs" and proceeded to make a "citizen's arrest". However, police told Hull Live that "no offences of this nature were found to have been committed".

In his social media post, which was shared publicly, the cyclist said that, after he stopped the bus, about half of the passengers got off and continued their journey on foot. The police then arrived on the scene.

In a statement, Humberside Police said officers were called on Monday after receiving a "call from a member of the public reporting suspected drink driving". The statement added: "Officers attended and carried out enquiries to understand the circumstances surrounding the report.

"Those involved were spoken to and it was established that no offences of this nature were found to have been committed. Anyone with any information in relation to this incident can call us on our non-emergency number 101 quoting log 121 of 18 December."

Stagecoach East Midlands, the bus operator, confirmed that it was investigating the incident. A spokesperson said: "We are aware of the reported incident involving a 'citizen's arrest' on a Stagecoach bus driver in Hull. The complaint has been received and logged, and is currently under investigation. We take all complaints extremely seriously and are committed to investigating this thoroughly with those involved."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/police-called-cyclist-makes-citizens-8988673

Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<kv5krfFt44vU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36550&group=uk.rec.cycling#36550

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull
bus driver
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:08:15 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 16:08 UTC

On 21/12/2023 04:10 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> Police were called after a chav-cyclist claimed to have made a citizen's arrest on a bus driver in west Hull.
>
> Writing on social media, the chav-cyclist claimed to have been "nearly wiped out" by the bus while riding on Monday. He said he then pulled up on his chav-bike in front of the bus to stop it.
>
> The chav-cyclist claimed that he then got on to the bus, announced to the passengers that he believed the driver was "under the influence of alcohol or drugs" and proceeded to make a "citizen's arrest". However, police told Hull Live that "no offences of this nature were found to have been committed".
>
> In his social media post, which was shared publicly, the chav-cyclist said that, after he stopped the bus, about half of the passengers got off and continued their journey on foot. The police then arrived on the scene.
>
> In a statement, Humberside Police said officers were called on Monday after receiving a "call from a member of the public reporting suspected drink driving". The statement added: "Officers attended and carried out enquiries to understand the circumstances surrounding the report.
>
> "Those involved were spoken to and it was established that no offences of this nature were found to have been committed. Anyone with any information in relation to this incident can call us on our non-emergency number 101 quoting log 121 of 18 December."
>
> Stagecoach East Midlands, the bus operator, confirmed that it was investigating the incident. A spokesperson said: "We are aware of the reported incident involving a 'citizen's arrest' on a Stagecoach bus driver in Hull. The complaint has been received and logged, and is currently under investigation. We take all complaints extremely seriously and are committed to investigating this thoroughly with those involved."
>
> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/police-called-cyclist-makes-citizens-8988673

Has the chav on the chav-bike received the summons on a charge of
highway obstruction yet?

Who *does* think he is?

Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<b1f61f6e-ada8-4a4e-b4f9-6f2f2375fab7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36558&group=uk.rec.cycling#36558

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 09:30:36 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:30 UTC

QUOTE:
Writing on social media, the cyclist claimed to have been "nearly wiped out" by the bus while riding on Monday. He said he then pulled up on his bike in front of the bus to stop it. ENDS

Even my daughter, who cycles down the same roads that I did for 15 years, says that bus drivers are dangerous psychos!

Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<kv5qv9Fu89sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36563&group=uk.rec.cycling#36563

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
bus driver
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:52:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:52 UTC

On 28/12/2023 05:30 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
> Writing on social media, the chav-cyclist claimed to have been "nearly wiped out" by the bus while riding on Monday. He said he then pulled up on his chav-bike in front of the bus to stop it. ENDS
>
> Even my daughter, who cycles down the same roads that I did for 15 years, says that bus drivers are dangerous psychos!

The psycho is he who, having (allegedly) formed the opinion that the bus
driver is driving dangerously, places his body and a chav-bike of the
bus in order to "stop" it.

There's more to that case than is reported. As it is, it makes no sense.

Then again, it IS only a chav-cyclist's version of events. So what's
*that* worth?

Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<ad6555d3-a19c-431a-96be-f0efe4b89e40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36568&group=uk.rec.cycling#36568

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 10:02:46 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 18:02 UTC

QUOTE: We take all complaints extremely seriously and are committed to investigating this thoroughly with those involved."ENDS

To be fair, when I reported one of their drivers, they gave him a verbal warning for dangerous driving.
Well satisfied!

Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<kv650hF1kq7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36570&group=uk.rec.cycling#36570

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
bus driver
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 20:44:01 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 20:44 UTC

On 28/12/2023 06:02 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: We take all complaints extremely seriously and are committed to investigating this thoroughly with those involved."ENDS
>
> To be fair, when I reported one of their drivers, they gave him a verbal warning for dangerous driving.
> Well satisfied!

Fantasist!

Next, you'll be saying you can fly.

Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<c2ff0fff-a6ac-4c31-bba1-fd8eb4eb1b3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36574&group=uk.rec.cycling#36574

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 13:38:51 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 21:38 UTC

On Thursday, December 28, 2023 at 6:02:48 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: We take all complaints extremely seriously and are committed to investigating this thoroughly with those involved."ENDS
>
> To be fair, when I reported one of their drivers, they gave him a verbal warning for dangerous driving.
> Well satisfied!

Here is the depot that took my video complaint with film evidence.

https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/03/68/55/3685526_72ecb49c.jpg

Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<kv6gplF3pleU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36577&group=uk.rec.cycling#36577

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
bus driver
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:05:10 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:05 UTC

On 28/12/2023 09:38 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> On Thursday, December 28, 2023 at 6:02:48 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

>> QUOTE: We take all complaints extremely seriously and are committed to investigating this thoroughly with those involved."ENDS
>>
>> To be fair, when I reported one of their drivers, they gave him a verbal warning for dangerous driving.
>> Well satisfied!
>
> Here is the depot that took my video complaint with film evidence.
>
> https://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/03/68/55/3685526_72ecb49c.jpg

Fantasist.

Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<2dd08ca9-9ad2-48de-88f1-0956b5e4548en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36582&group=uk.rec.cycling#36582

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 22:34:57 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 06:34 UTC

QUOTE: A spokesperson said: "We are aware of the reported incident involving a 'citizen's arrest' on a Stagecoach bus driver in Hull. The complaint has been received and logged, and is currently under investigation. ENDS

Still waiting for the outcome according to the Hull Daily Mail. Holidays, no doubt.

Re: Police called as chav-cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<kv7sijFbn28U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36589&group=uk.rec.cycling#36589

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
bus driver
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 12:32:19 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 12:32 UTC

On 29/12/2023 06:34 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: A spokesperson said: "We are aware of the reported incident involving a 'citizen's arrest' on a Stagecoach bus driver in Hull. The complaint has been received and logged, and is currently under investigation. ENDS

> Still waiting for the outcome according to the Hull Daily Mail. Holidays, no doubt.

Note well what the incident was.

It was the purported "citizen's arrest".

Not the crazed allegations made by the chav on the chav-bike.

May Sun's post *just* on-topic. But only just.

It would have been better posted to:

uk.rec.chavsandtheiroverinflatedopinionsofthemselves

Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<923ddad7-3206-4305-a9d7-c280dccce811n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36594&group=uk.rec.cycling#36594

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 06:50:23 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 14:50 UTC

A woman is fighting for her life in hospital and 11 others were hurt after a bus crashed into a shop in Manchester city centre.

Police said the bus driver, a 64-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Police, fire and ambulance crews were dispatched after reports of the incident in Piccadilly Gardens.

In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said: “At around 1pm today, officers responded to reports of a road traffic collision involving a bus which collided with a shop in Piccadilly Gardens.

“Emergency services attended the scene, and it has been established that 12 people have been injured as a result with one woman in a life-threatening condition and receiving treatment at hospital. Others involved are believed to be in a stable condition with minor injuries.

“The driver, a 64-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

“Greater Manchester Police’s serious collision investigation unit are continuing to investigate and are appealing for witnesses.

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/national/23859547.woman-critical-hospital-manchester-bus-crash-driver-arrested/

OFF-TOPIC TROLL POST by TROLL May Sun: "Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver"

<kv8c2bFekfvU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36598&group=uk.rec.cycling#36598

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC TROLL POST by TROLL May Sun: "Police called as cyclist
makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver"
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:56:43 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 16:56 UTC

On 29/12/2023 02:50 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A woman is fighting for her life in hospital and 11 others were hurt after a bus crashed into a shop in Manchester city centre.

Not in 'Ull, then?

So what's that have to do with the thread title?

> Police said the bus driver, a 64-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Sounds reasonable.

> Police, fire and ambulance crews were dispatched after reports of the incident in Piccadilly Gardens.

A shop in Piccadilly Gardens?

> In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said: “At around 1pm today, officers responded to reports of a road traffic collision involving a bus which collided with a shop in Piccadilly Gardens.
> “Emergency services attended the scene, and it has been established that 12 people have been injured as a result with one woman in a life-threatening condition and receiving treatment at hospital. Others involved are believed to be in a stable condition with minor injuries.
> “The driver, a 64-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Hadn't you already said that?

> “Greater Manchester Police’s serious collision investigation unit are continuing to investigate and are appealing for witnesses.
> https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/national/23859547.woman-critical-hospital-manchester-bus-crash-driver-arrested/

The Bracknell News reports on Manchester local news?

But back to the topic...

Where was the chav on the chav-bike?

Re: Police called as cyclist makes 'citizen's arrest' on Hull bus driver

<0ae6a36c-2b21-4b13-a275-657ce8299c87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36603&group=uk.rec.cycling#36603

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 10:53:05 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 18:53 UTC

QUOTE:
A bus driver has been arrested after a 93-year-old man was knocked down on a main road in Trafford. Police and paramedics were called to the scene of the crash on Barton Road in Stretford at around 10.35am on Wednesday (October 4). A stretch of the road, near the junction with Kingsway and Urmston Lane, was taped off by officers. In an update issued today (Friday), police said a pedestrian - the 93-year-old man - was hit by a bus. He suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.

The driver of the bus, a 27-year-old man, 'failed a roadside drug test', police added. He was arrested and taken into police custody.

An investigation into the incident is underway. A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "GMP collision investigators were called to a road traffic collision occurred on Barton Road, in Stretford, at 10.35am on Wednesday 4 October 2023.

"A bus driver hit a pedestrian, a 93-year-old man, causing serious but not life-threatening injuries. The bus driver, a 27-year-old man, was arrested after failing roadside drug test and was taken to custody. The investigation is ongoing." ENDS

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/driver-arrested-failing-drug-test-27855490