O'Brian's Law: Everything is always done for the wrong reasons.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous overtake in Northampton

SubjectAuthor
* Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous overtaSimon Mason
+- OFF-TOPIC TROLL POST from MAY SUN (again): Drug driver jailed after seriously inJNugent
`- Re: Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous ovSimon Mason

1
Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous overtake in Northampton

<7f8a778f-95ed-4d06-a507-e2269cfd3cbbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36676&group=uk.rec.cycling#36676

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 08:27:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in
dangerous overtake in Northampton
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:27 UTC

A drug driver has been jailed after he caused serious injury to a mother and her child during a dangerous overtake in Northampton.

Jake Oliver Warren, formerly of Dunster Street, appeared at Northampton Crown Court on December 19, 2023 after being charged with two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and one offence of driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the specified limit.

The 30-year-old previously pleaded guilty to all three charges, following the incident in Rushmere Road on October 30, 2022.

At about 6.15pm on the day of the incident, Warren was witnessed swerving in and out of traffic on the A45 Nene Valley Way in his black Vauxhall Astra, before swapping lanes and cutting in front of other cars at the Barnes Meadow roundabout to get to the front of the queue at the traffic lights.

Northamptonshire Police say as the traffic lights changed to green, Warren sped off and without indicating, overtook a car on Rushmere Road, and collided head-on with the female driver of a grey VX Golf travelling in the opposition direction, seriously injuring her and her young passenger in the process.

Police added that Warren helped the injured parties out of the other car and was found laid on the floor when emergency services arrived. He initially told the police that he had fallen asleep at the wheel, which he later unsuccessfully disputed at court.

Officers conducted both a roadside breath test and drug wipe, and despite a negative reading for alcohol, Warren tested positive for cocaine and was subsequently arrested. He was taken to Northampton General Hospital, where a blood sample was taken for analysis.

Following sentencing, lead investigator, PC Nikki Hanwell of the West LPA Response Team, said: “Prior to the collision, Warren was witnessed driving in a dangerous and reckless manner, and his total disregard for other road users led to two people sustaining serious injuries.

“The manner of his driving fell below the legal requirements however, Warren had also taken illicit drugs, which not only put his life in unnecessary danger but also the lives of innocent people unwittingly sharing the road with him.

“This traumatic incident has had a huge impact on the lives of the female driver and her child however, I hope that they can take some solace from the sentence.

“I also hope Warren is aware, that as result of his reckless use of the road, he was fortunate that his actions did not leave a family grieving for their loved one.”

Warren was sentenced to a total of 28 months imprisonment for both counts of serious injury by dangerous driving and disqualified from driving for 38-months for the drug-drive conviction.

In 2022, after being involved in a road collision in Northamptonshire, 36 people never returned home safely to their loved ones, and 347 required urgent medical assistance for serious and life-changing injuries.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/drug-driver-jailed-after-seriously-injuring-mother-and-child-in-dangerous-overtake-in-northampton-4463227

OFF-TOPIC TROLL POST from MAY SUN (again): Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous overtake in Northampton

<kvise6FbnupU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36677&group=uk.rec.cycling#36677

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC TROLL POST from MAY SUN (again): Drug driver jailed after
seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous overtake in Northampton
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:37:26 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 16:37 UTC

On 02/01/2024 04:27 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A drug driver has been jailed after he caused serious injury to a mother and her child during a dangerous overtake in Northampton.

That's druggies for you. Incredibly, some people defend them.

> Jake Oliver Warren, formerly of Dunster Street, appeared at Northampton Crown Court on December 19, 2023 after being charged with two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and one offence of driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the specified limit.
> The 30-year-old previously pleaded guilty to all three charges, following the incident in Rushmere Road on October 30, 2022.
> At about 6.15pm on the day of the incident, Warren was witnessed swerving in and out of traffic on the A45 Nene Valley Way in his black Vauxhall Astra, before swapping lanes and cutting in front of other cars at the Barnes Meadow roundabout to get to the front of the queue at the traffic lights.
> Northamptonshire Police say as the traffic lights changed to green, Warren sped off and without indicating, overtook a car on Rushmere Road, and collided head-on with the female driver of a grey VX Golf travelling in the opposition direction, seriously injuring her and her young passenger in the process.
> Police added that Warren helped the injured parties out of the other car and was found laid on the floor when emergency services arrived. He initially told the police that he had fallen asleep at the wheel, which he later unsuccessfully disputed at court.
> Officers conducted both a roadside breath test and drug wipe, and despite a negative reading for alcohol, Warren tested positive for cocaine and was subsequently arrested. He was taken to Northampton General Hospital, where a blood sample was taken for analysis.
> Following sentencing, lead investigator, PC Nikki Hanwell of the West LPA Response Team, said: “Prior to the collision, Warren was witnessed driving in a dangerous and reckless manner, and his total disregard for other road users led to two people sustaining serious injuries.
> “The manner of his driving fell below the legal requirements however, Warren had also taken illicit drugs, which not only put his life in unnecessary danger but also the lives of innocent people unwittingly sharing the road with him.
> “This traumatic incident has had a huge impact on the lives of the female driver and her child however, I hope that they can take some solace from the sentence.
> “I also hope Warren is aware, that as result of his reckless use of the road, he was fortunate that his actions did not leave a family grieving for their loved one.”
> Warren was sentenced to a total of 28 months imprisonment for both counts of serious injury by dangerous driving and disqualified from driving for 38-months for the drug-drive conviction.

Then this:

> In 2022, after being involved in a road collision in Northamptonshire, 36 people never returned home safely to their loved ones, and 347 required urgent medical assistance for serious and life-changing injuries.

That sounds like one hell of a road collision: thirty-six killed and
three hundred and forty-seven injured.

Are you sure you aren't making it up?

> https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/drug-driver-jailed-after-seriously-injuring-mother-and-child-in-dangerous-overtake-in-northampton-4463227

What about the chav-bikes?

How were they involved?

Re: Drug driver jailed after seriously injuring mother and child in dangerous overtake in Northampton

<552a07c0-91bf-4a11-9003-30aeb0688474n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36679&group=uk.rec.cycling#36679

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 10:10:15 -0800 (PST)
dangerous overtake in Northampton
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:10 UTC

On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 4:27:56 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> A drug driver has been jailed after he caused serious injury to a mother and her child during a dangerous overtake in Northampton.
>
> Jake Oliver Warren, formerly of Dunster Street, appeared at Northampton Crown Court on December 19, 2023 after being charged with two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and one offence of driving a motor vehicle with a proportion of a specified controlled drug above the specified limit.

QUOTE: SILENCE & AIR GROUP LTD (10947523)

Company status
Dissolved

Correspondence address
7 Aborfield, Peckwater Street, London, United Kingdom, NW5 2UD ENDS

"Director" of FOUR companies - ALL NOW DISSOLVED.
As he is in jail now, he will have other worries to occupy his mind!

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/asTbYmaiCRUq8gnrgyk1oyQ9IZQ/appointments