"You are *so* lovely." "Yes." "Yes! And you take a compliment, too! I like that in a goddess."

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

SubjectAuthor
* Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herSimon Mason
+* Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herJNugent
|`* Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at hercolwyn
| `- Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herJNugent
+* Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herSimon Mason
|`* Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herSimon Mason
| `- Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herJNugent
`* Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herSimon Mason
 +- Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herJNugent
 `- Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at herSimon Mason

1
Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<cdc7b7d1-054c-4d02-b289-ef903494952dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36696&group=uk.rec.cycling#36696

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 09:22:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:22 UTC

A 57-year-old healthcare worker and grandmother of two girls was cycling back home in Belfast when out of the blue, she was hit by a flying golf ball, thrown at her by two young boys on the pavement.

Anne Ramsey, who goes by the name of Cyclegranny on Twitter and works for the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust in ophthalmology, was on her home commute at 17:30 yesterday evening.

As she passed the Kennedy Centre on Andersonstown Road and approached the Lidl supermarket, she was taken aback by the suddent impact of an object to her body and came to a stop on the side road.

After checking her camera's rear footage, which she also shared on social media, she realised it was two boys who hit her with a golf ball. In the front cam footage too, a white ball can be seen bouncing away after hitting her.

Although she initially wrote on Twitter that she didn't see any point in reporting the incident, she told road.cc later that she has indeed reported it to the police who've replied saying if they have a good CCTV camera in the vicinity, they'll take the matter further.

Other cyclists shared their sympathies with Ms Ramsey on Twitter, and also pointed that the incident takes place right in front of the Maxol Auto24 petrol station — likely to be fitted with a CCTV camera.

Ramsey wrote on Twitter: "A young yob hit me with a golf ball on my commute home. It hurt like hell and there will be a bruise in the morning... I mean who would deliberately want to hurt an older lady cyclist?"

Others wished her all the best and hoped that she'd continue on riding. While Ms Ramsey said that she was a bit shocked, she told road.cc that she'd dealt with much worse.

"I have been riding since a child and never stopped. I also ride motorcycles and was a bus driver for seven years," she said. "I drove through the Troubles in Belfast in the 80-90s and had lots thrown at me then, including a firework. So I am used to riding in scary situations."

In 2020, we reported that an elderly cyclist who used his e-bike as a mobility aid was left with multiple wounds to his face and shoulder after he fell off his bike when an item was thrown at him from a passing car.

In 2022, an A&E nurse who was riding on the Horseshoe Pass in Wales fell off her bike after eggs were thrown at her by a passenger of a vehicle that was overtaking her.

The 35-year-old from Wrexham was a triathlon participant, but became nervous about riding alone following the incident in Denbighshire. She said she was afraid that it could have been a very different outcome if it had occured just a bit further along where the hill has a steep drop at the side of the road.

And just last year, another ambulance practitioner — who looked after Dan Walker when he had his crash in Sheffield in February — was cycling with his four-year-old when he had rubbish thrown at him by the passenger of an overtaking car.

https://road.cc/content/news/two-boys-injure-cyclist-throwing-golf-ball-305997

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<kvofhmFe9uhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36700&group=uk.rec.cycling#36700

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:34:14 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:34 UTC

On 04/01/2024 05:22 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A 57-year-old healthcare worker and grandmother of two girls was cycling back home in Belfast when out of the blue, she was hit by a flying golf ball, thrown at her by two young boys on the pavement.

What, BOTH of them?

That would require a high degree of co-ordination and synchronisation.

But hang on... the report comes from the (at best) semi-literate and
totally ludicrous "road.cc".

So that's that.

> Anne Ramsey, who goes by the name of Cyclegranny on Twitter and works for the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust in ophthalmology, was on her home commute at 17:30 yesterday evening.
> As she passed the Kennedy Centre on Andersonstown Road and approached the Lidl supermarket, she was taken aback by the suddent impact of an object to her body and came to a stop on the side road.
> After checking her camera's rear footage, which she also shared on social media, she realised it was two boys who hit her with a golf ball. In the front cam footage too, a white ball can be seen bouncing away after hitting her.
> Although she initially wrote on Twitter that she didn't see any point in reporting the incident, she told road.cc later that she has indeed reported it to the police who've replied saying if they have a good CCTV camera in the vicinity, they'll take the matter further.

"...if...".

> Other cyclists shared their sympathies with Ms Ramsey on Twitter, and also pointed that the incident takes place right in front of the Maxol Auto24 petrol station — likely to be fitted with a CCTV camera.
>> Ramsey wrote on Twitter: "A young yob hit me with a golf ball on my commute home. It hurt like hell and there will be a bruise in the morning... I mean who would deliberately want to hurt an older lady cyclist?"

And that was only one of them. Just imagine the effect of doubling the
force.

> Others wished her all the best and hoped that she'd continue on riding. While Ms Ramsey said that she was a bit shocked, she told road.cc that she'd dealt with much worse.
> "I have been riding since a child and never stopped. I also ride motorcycles and was a bus driver for seven years," she said. "I drove through the Troubles in Belfast in the 80-90s and had lots thrown at me then, including a firework. So I am used to riding in scary situations."
> In 2020, we reported that an elderly cyclist who used his e-bike as a mobility aid was left with multiple wounds to his face and shoulder after he fell off his bike when an item was thrown at him from a passing car.
> In 2022, an A&E nurse who was riding on the Horseshoe Pass in Wales fell off her bike after eggs were thrown at her by a passenger of a vehicle that was overtaking her.
> The 35-year-old from Wrexham was a triathlon participant, but became nervous about riding alone following the incident in Denbighshire. She said she was afraid that it could have been a very different outcome if it had occured just a bit further along where the hill has a steep drop at the side of the road.
> And just last year, another ambulance practitioner — who looked after Dan Walker when he had his crash in Sheffield in February — was cycling with his four-year-old when he had rubbish thrown at him by the passenger of an overtaking car.

All probably as reliable as the tale of two boys throwing a single golf
ball.

> https://road.cc/content/news/two-boys-injure-cyclist-throwing-golf-ball-305997

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<ff44578b-9a90-4583-9f62-3c35b2a2f3ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36701&group=uk.rec.cycling#36701

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:59:19 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 19:59 UTC

QUOTE: Avatar
Morgoth985 | 2 hours ago
5 likes
Two little scrotes who will grow up into two big scrotes. ENDS

Then become fully fledged AUDI driving arseholes.

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<un74oc$3pgrm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36702&group=uk.rec.cycling#36702

From: guddiesx@btinternet.invalid (colwyn)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 20:34:15 +0000
 by: colwyn - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 20:34 UTC

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/secondary-liability-charging-decisions-principals-and-accessories

> [...]
>> vehicle that was overtaking her.
>> The 35-year-old from Wrexham was a triathlon participant, but became
>> nervous about riding alone following the incident in Denbighshire. She
>> said she was afraid that it could have been a very different outcome
>> if it had occured just a bit further along where the hill has a steep
>> drop at the side of the road.
>> And just last year, another ambulance practitioner — who looked after
>> Dan Walker when he had his crash in Sheffield in February — was
>> cycling with his four-year-old when he had rubbish thrown at him by
>> the passenger of an overtaking car.
>
> All probably as reliable as the tale of two boys throwing a single golf
> ball.
>>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/two-boys-injure-cyclist-throwing-golf-ball-305997

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<kvp49vFhprkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36703&group=uk.rec.cycling#36703

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 01:28:31 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 01:28 UTC

On 04/01/2024 08:34 pm, colwyn wrote:

> On 04/01/2024 19:34, JNugent wrote:
>> On 04/01/2024 05:22 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>>
>>> A 57-year-old healthcare worker and grandmother of two girls was
>>> cycling back home in Belfast when out of the blue, she was hit by a
>>> flying golf ball, thrown at her by two young boys on the pavement.
>>
>> What, BOTH of them?
>
> https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/secondary-liability-charging-decisions-principals-and-accessories

Oh, right.

So have these two boys who both threw the golf ball been apprehended and
both charged?

The PP doesn't mention that anywhere else in the post.

Even if they have been, how did they both throw the one golf ball?

As I said...

>> That would require a high degree of co-ordination and synchronisation.

:-)

>> But hang on... the report comes from the (at best) semi-literate and
>> totally ludicrous "road.cc".
>> So that's that.
>
>>> Anne Ramsey, who goes by the name of Cyclegranny on Twitter and works
>>> for the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust in ophthalmology, was on
>>> her home commute at 17:30 yesterday evening.
>>> As she passed the Kennedy Centre on Andersonstown Road and approached
>>> the Lidl supermarket, she was taken aback by the suddent impact of an
>>> object to her body and came to a stop on the side road.
>>> After checking her camera's rear footage, which she also shared on
>>> social media, she realised it was two boys who hit her with a golf
>>> ball. In the front cam footage too, a white ball can be seen bouncing
>>> away after hitting her.
>>> Although she initially wrote on Twitter that she didn't see any point
>>> in reporting the incident, she told road.cc later that she has indeed
>>> reported it to the police who've replied saying if they have a good
>>> CCTV camera in the vicinity, they'll take the matter further.
>
>> "...if...".
>
>>> Other cyclists shared their sympathies with Ms Ramsey on Twitter, and
>>> also pointed that the incident takes place right in front of the
>>> Maxol Auto24 petrol station — likely to be fitted with a CCTV camera.

Oh, hang on... back then it was only one "young yob".

How many will it expand to before the case is concluded?

[I wonder whether she has ever read "Henry IV pt II"?]

>> And that was only one of them. Just imagine the effect of doubling the
>> force.
>
>>> Others wished her all the best and hoped that she'd continue on
>>> riding. While Ms Ramsey said that she was a bit shocked, she told
>>> road.cc that she'd dealt with much worse.
>>> "I have been riding since a child and never stopped. I also ride
>>> motorcycles and was a bus driver for seven years," she said. "I drove
>>> through the Troubles in Belfast in the 80-90s and had lots thrown at
>>> me then, including a firework. So I am used to riding in scary
>>> situations."
>>> In 2020, we reported that an elderly cyclist who used his e-bike as a
>>> mobility aid was left with multiple wounds to his face and shoulder
>>> after he fell off his bike when an item was thrown at him from a
>>> passing car.
>>> In 2022, an A&E nurse who was riding on the Horseshoe Pass in Wales
>>> fell off her bike after eggs were thrown at her by a passenger of a
>>> vehicle that was overtaking her.
>>> The 35-year-old from Wrexham was a triathlon participant, but became
>>> nervous about riding alone following the incident in Denbighshire.
>>> She said she was afraid that it could have been a very different
>>> outcome if it had occured just a bit further along where the hill has
>>> a steep drop at the side of the road.
>>> And just last year, another ambulance practitioner — who looked after
>>> Dan Walker when he had his crash in Sheffield in February — was
>>> cycling with his four-year-old when he had rubbish thrown at him by
>>> the passenger of an overtaking car.
>
>> All probably as reliable as the tale of two boys throwing a single
>> golf ball.

That's if it wasn't just the one, of course. Or maybe more than two.

>>> https://road.cc/content/news/two-boys-injure-cyclist-throwing-golf-ball-305997

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<78355433-3f87-4c83-8ee9-011049e0d4e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36705&group=uk.rec.cycling#36705

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 00:23:59 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:23 UTC

On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 7:59:21 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: Avatar
> Morgoth985 | 2 hours ago
> 5 likes
> Two little scrotes who will grow up into two big scrotes. ENDS
ubercurmudgeon replied to Morgoth985 | 11 hours ago
2 likes
Yes, and they'll soon be swapping golf balls for motorcars, if they can hide their sociopathy for the hour or two required to take a driving test.

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<kvq9b8Foc5nU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36710&group=uk.rec.cycling#36710

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:00:40 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:00 UTC

On 05/01/2024 08:23 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 7:59:21 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:

>> QUOTE: Avatar
>> Morgoth985 | 2 hours ago

>> Two little scrotes who will grow up into two big scrotes. ENDS

> ubercurmudgeon replied to Morgoth985 | 11 hours ago

> Yes, and they'll soon be swapping golf balls for motorcars, if they can hide their sociopathy for the hour or two required to take a driving test.

Why?

LOTS of fully-unqualified chav-cyclists take to the wheel of a
motor-vehicle without having passed a driving test. You often report the
cases here.

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<08adc9f1-1af2-4511-8db8-8163a4f5d683n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36712&group=uk.rec.cycling#36712

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 04:06:16 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:06 UTC

QUOTE: In 2020, we reported that an elderly cyclist who used his e-bike as a mobility aid was left with multiple wounds to his face and shoulder after he fell off his bike when an item was thrown at him from a passing car.ENDS

I've had several glass bottles thrown at me by passing car occupants - they all went sailing away from me at 30mph plus. :-)

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<kvqa44FofpnU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36715&group=uk.rec.cycling#36715

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:13:56 +0000
 by: JNugent - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:13 UTC

On 05/01/2024 12:06 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: In 2020, we reported that an elderly cyclist who used his e-bike as a mobility aid was left with multiple wounds to his face and shoulder after he fell off his bike when an item was thrown at him from a passing car.ENDS
>
> I've had several glass bottles thrown at me by passing car occupants - they all went sailing away from me at 30mph plus. :-)

Had they recognised you?

Re: Two boys injure cyclist by throwing golf ball at her

<94f25f19-0fc3-4be7-a986-574c06e43367n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36716&group=uk.rec.cycling#36716

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 04:24:05 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:24 UTC

On Friday, January 5, 2024 at 12:06:19 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: In 2020, we reported that an elderly cyclist who used his e-bike as a mobility aid was left with multiple wounds to his face and shoulder after he fell off his bike when an item was thrown at him from a passing car.ENDS
>
> I've had several glass bottles thrown at me by passing car occupants - they all went sailing away from me at 30mph plus. :-)

These thick twats never studied Newtonian physics - obviously! :-)