Fascinating, a totally parochial attitude. -- Spock, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: “Safe cycling, illegal and dangerous driving”

SubjectAuthor
* “Safe cycling, illegal and dangerous driving”Simon Mason
+- OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST by May Sun (again): “Safe cycling, illegal and dangerousJNugent
`- Re: “Safe cycling, illegal and dangerous driving”Simon Mason

1
“Safe cycling, illegal and dangerous driving”

<47ae9475-4c9e-424f-b640-823aa3b5d366n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36765&group=uk.rec.cycling#36765

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 03:50:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: “Safe_cycling,_illegal_and_dangerous_driving”
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:50 UTC

Now, here on the live blog we know all too well that certain corners of the internet suffer from severe irony deficiency.

But never, perhaps, has that truth been more apparent than in the following video, posted on Twitter by “occasional cyclist” Darren, who – despite holding “nothing against cyclists” – was none too happy at the prospect of having to legally overtake two cyclists legally riding two abreast ahead of him…

Oh, and while we’re on the subject of legality, more than a few social media users were quick to question Darren’s method of filming the two abreast cyclists:

Though, as we’ve already gathered this morning, Garda Traffic may be more interested in Darren’s choice of clothing.

Anyway, Ol’ Dazza was quick to defend himself, repeatedly claiming (with an increasing use of the Caps Lock) that the easily-moved, portrait-filming device was, in fact, a dash cam. Yes, really.

“Don’t worry Darren I have one of these self-adjusting dash cams too,” a disbelieving Niall responded.

“Nothing illegal about that,” added Phil. “However, using your mobile at the wheel is. You’ve just grassed yourself up.. And no, it’s not a dashcam.”

“Two cyclists, riding safely and legally. Darren whips out his phone, films himself tailgating, and vents a whinge. There’s summat needing sorted there, Darren – and it's NOT the cyclists,” said Gavin.

And finally, since we’re talking about cyclists and phone drivers, it’s only fair that we leave the parting words to the expert himself, Cycling Mikey: “If you want to pass even a single cyclist safely, then you need to change lanes. They’re not affecting your journey, and you’re a hypocrite because you’re in your car alone with five lounge seats, and three abreast at your rear seats.”

But, but, something, dashcam, something, occasional cyclist…

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-8-january-2024-306065#live-blog-item-53673

OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST by May Sun (again): “Safe cycling, illegal and dangerous driving”

<l02fq4F99h0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36767&group=uk.rec.cycling#36767

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC_TROLLING_POST_by_May_Sun_(again):_
“Safe_cycling,_illegal_and_dangerous_driving”
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:40:04 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:40 UTC

On 08/01/2024 11:50 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> Now, here on the live blog we know all too well that certain corners of the internet suffer from severe irony deficiency.
>
> But never, perhaps, has that truth been more apparent than in the following video, posted on Twitter by “occasional cyclist” Darren, who – despite holding “nothing against cyclists” – was none too happy at the prospect of having to legally overtake two cyclists legally riding two abreast ahead of him…
>
> Oh, and while we’re on the subject of legality, more than a few social media users were quick to question Darren’s method of filming the two abreast cyclists:
>
> Though, as we’ve already gathered this morning, Garda Traffic may be more interested in Darren’s choice of clothing.
>
> Anyway, Ol’ Dazza was quick to defend himself, repeatedly claiming (with an increasing use of the Caps Lock) that the easily-moved, portrait-filming device was, in fact, a dash cam. Yes, really.
>
> “Don’t worry Darren I have one of these self-adjusting dash cams too,” a disbelieving Niall responded.
>
> “Nothing illegal about that,” added Phil. “However, using your mobile at the wheel is. You’ve just grassed yourself up. And no, it’s not a dashcam.”
>
> “Two cyclists, riding safely and legally. Darren whips out his phone, films himself tailgating, and vents a whinge. There’s summat needing sorted there, Darren – and it's NOT the cyclists,” said Gavin.
>
> And finally, since we’re talking about cyclists and phone drivers, it’s only fair that we leave the parting words to the expert himself, Cycling Mikey: “If you want to pass even a single cyclist safely, then you need to change lanes. They’re not affecting your journey, and you’re a hypocrite because you’re in your car alone with five lounge seats, and three abreast at your rear seats.”
>
> But, but, something, dashcam, something, occasional cyclist…
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-8-january-2024-306065#live-blog-item-53673

Totally Off-Topic tripe from May Sun.

This is *UK*.rec.cycling

Re: “Safe cycling, illegal and dangerous driving”

<7940e850-df0a-4d54-ac8f-3b3bb407c9a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36771&group=uk.rec.cycling#36771

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 08:59:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_“Safe_cycling,_illegal_and_dangerous_driving

From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 16:59 UTC

> But never, perhaps, has that truth been more apparent than in the following video, posted on Twitter by “occasional cyclist” Darren, who – despite holding “nothing against cyclists” – was none too happy at the prospect of having to legally overtake two cyclists legally riding two abreast ahead of him…
>
> Oh, and while we’re on the subject of legality, more than a few social media users were quick to question Darren’s method of filming the two abreast cyclists:

================= Daveyraveygravey | 3 hours ago
8 likes
Darren is clearly a liar. The phone seems a bit bouncy to start, and then somehow the phone manages to swing down to the instruments and back again?

I'm not saying ALL motorists do this...but it sure seems like they do.

And does anyone else think he is too close to the riders doing 21 kmh according to his speedo?