Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 01:47:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Jail for runaway driver who rammed police car
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 09:47 UTC

A runaway driver who rammed a police car in a desperate bid to escape has been jailed.

Andrew James, aged 47, was driving a stolen Ford Fiesta in Mansfield when he was intercepted by roads policing officers on the evening of Friday 27 October last year.

The vehicle, taken from South Yorkshire the previous month, was travelling on false plates as officers began to follow it.

In a desperate bid to escape, James drove the car along Southwell Road West, before turning left along a narrow section of the Old Newark Road – now a dirt track popular with dog walkers.

After bouncing along the track at high speed, James deliberately reversed into the pursuing vehicle, causing the driver to hit his head.

As he drove in the direction of the Bellamy Road estate, James lost control and crashed into a tree.

Footage from a police aircraft called to assist proved that James was alone in the car at the time.

James, of Cross Row, Sutton-in-Ashfield, later pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance.

Appearing at Nottingham Crown Court today (Monday) he was jailed for 20 months.

Sergeant Karam Kaur, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “This was an appalling display of driving that could easily have led to a serious injury..

“James showed absolutely no regard for either the police officers following him, or the members of the public who may have been on this track as he drove along it.

“I am pleased he has now been jailed and hope this case sends out a clear message to others about the consequences of this kind of behaviour.”

https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news/nottinghamshire/news/news/2024/january/jail-for-runaway-driver-who-rammed-police-car/

YET AGAIN - TROLL POST by May Sun (or it would be if it were not for the fact that the person in the report is actually nothing but a chav-cyclist): "Jail for runaway CHAV-CYCLIST who rammed police car"

<l055uaFosejU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36791&group=uk.rec.cycling#36791

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: YET AGAIN - TROLL POST by May Sun (or it would be if it were not for
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 15:10:04 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 15:10 UTC

On 09/01/2024 09:47 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> A runaway CHAV-CYCLIST who rammed a police car in a desperate bid to escape has been jailed.
> Andrew James, aged 47, was driving a stolen Ford Fiesta in Mansfield when he was intercepted by roads policing officers on the evening of Friday 27 October last year.
> The vehicle, taken from South Yorkshire the previous month, was travelling on false plates as officers began to follow it.
> In a desperate bid to escape, James drove the car along Southwell Road West, before turning left along a narrow section of the Old Newark Road – now a dirt track popular with dog walkers.
> After bouncing along the track at high speed, James deliberately reversed into the pursuing vehicle, causing the driver to hit his head.
> As he drove in the direction of the Bellamy Road estate, James lost control and crashed into a tree.
> Footage from a police aircraft called to assist proved that James was alone in the car at the time.
> James, of Cross Row, Sutton-in-Ashfield, later pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance.

"...driving while disqualified and driving without insurance..."

In other words, he was nothing more than a fully unqualified CHAV-CYCLIST.

He is/was NOT a "driver". Just a chav who ought to have been on a chav-bike.

> Appearing at Nottingham Crown Court today (Monday) he was jailed for 20 months.
> Sergeant Karam Kaur, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “This was an appalling display of driving that could easily have led to a serious injury.
> “James showed absolutely no regard for either the police officers following him, or the members of the public who may have been on this track as he drove along it.
> “I am pleased he has now been jailed and hope this case sends out a clear message to others about the consequences of this kind of behaviour.”

Chav-cyclists of Nottingham: take heed.

> https://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news/nottinghamshire/news/news/2024/january/jail-for-runaway-driver-who-rammed-police-car/

Re: Jail for runaway driver who rammed police car

<5fa864d1-4f16-4ad2-b30f-0d440f51347en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=36794&group=uk.rec.cycling#36794

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 08:12:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Jail for runaway driver who rammed police car
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 9 Jan 2024 16:12 UTC

QUOTE: As he drove in the direction of the Bellamy Road estate, James lost control and crashed into a tree. ENDS

Has this tree now been adorned with a bunch of flowers and cans of Stella as befits a law breaking chavscum driver?