From: Jawa@draftops.com
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: OT (kind of) Suncorp Bank Passwords
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 13:54:02 +1000
 by: Jawa@draftops.com - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 03:54 UTC

Suncorp Internet banking passwords are absurd. Max of 8 characters
taken from only aA - zZ and 0 to 9. No other characters allowed. This
would likely take mere minutes to crack. Even more absurd, Suncorp
suggests a string of random words. You can hardly have a "string of
random words" of only 8 characters. My CBA login has 16 characters
generated from anything on the keyboard, and it doesn't claim there is
a limit to the number of characters, but I imagine there must be.

Re: OT (kind of) Suncorp Bank Passwords

<evs8did7ea7t238cba2n2pkafs6oblloth@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3742&group=aus.computers#3742

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: OT (kind of) Suncorp Bank Passwords
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 15:23:04 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 05:23 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 13:54:02 +1000, Jawa@draftops.com wrote:

>Suncorp Internet banking passwords are absurd. Max of 8 characters
>taken from only aA - zZ and 0 to 9. No other characters allowed. This
>would likely take mere minutes to crack. Even more absurd, Suncorp
>suggests a string of random words. You can hardly have a "string of
>random words" of only 8 characters. My CBA login has 16 characters
>generated from anything on the keyboard, and it doesn't claim there is
>a limit to the number of characters, but I imagine there must be.

Mine has three form login which I believe the way to go
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: OT (kind of) Suncorp Bank Passwords

<op.19g7kuhubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3743&group=aus.computers#3743

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:39:56 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 19:39 UTC

<Jawa@draftops.com> wrote

> Suncorp Internet banking passwords are absurd. Max of 8 characters
> taken from only aA - zZ and 0 to 9. No other characters allowed. This
> would likely take mere minutes to crack.

Thats bullshit if it only allows 3 tries before thats all you get.

> Even more absurd, Suncorp
> suggests a string of random words. You can hardly have a "string of
> random words" of only 8 characters. My CBA login has 16 characters
> generated from anything on the keyboard, and it doesn't claim there is
> a limit to the number of characters, but I imagine there must be.

Re: OT (kind of) Suncorp Bank Passwords

<c6kadi1lsd4v9nn2fohrgt545uq2bkb77q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3744&group=aus.computers#3744

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 07:13:29 +1000
 by: Petzl - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 21:13 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 05:39:56 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

><Jawa@draftops.com> wrote
>
>> Suncorp Internet banking passwords are absurd. Max of 8 characters
>> taken from only aA - zZ and 0 to 9. No other characters allowed. This
>> would likely take mere minutes to crack.
>
>Thats bullshit if it only allows 3 tries before thats all you get.

I meant Box one you enter login
Box 2 your password
Box 3 another password
https://ibb.co/3NKXr6X

>> Even more absurd, Suncorp
>> suggests a string of random words. You can hardly have a "string of
>> random words" of only 8 characters. My CBA login has 16 characters
>> generated from anything on the keyboard, and it doesn't claim there is
>> a limit to the number of characters, but I imagine there must be.
--
Petzl
TRUMP ISN'T RUNNING AGAINST BIDEN HE'S RUNNING AGAINST THE CLINTON'S,
BUSH'S, HAMA'S ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, MSN, NPR, MURDOCH'S, SOROS,
ETC

Re: OT (kind of) Suncorp Bank Passwords

<op.19izhnvrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3745&group=aus.computers#3745

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 04:40:25 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 18:40 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> <Jawa@draftops.com> wrote

>>> Suncorp Internet banking passwords are absurd. Max of 8 characters
>>> taken from only aA - zZ and 0 to 9. No other characters allowed. This
>>> would likely take mere minutes to crack.

>> Thats bullshit if it only allows 3 tries before thats all you get.

> I meant Box one you enter login
> Box 2 your password
> Box 3 another password
> https://ibb.co/3NKXr6X

I was commenting on the ludicrous claim
that it would only take minutes to crack.