Ed Sullivan will be around as long as someone else has talent. -- Fred Allen

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in Carlisle

SubjectAuthor
* Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in CarlisleSimon Mason
+- Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robber chav-cyclists in CarlJNugent
+* Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in CarlisleSimon Mason
|`- Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen chav-cyclists in CarlisleJNugent
`- Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in CarlisleSimon Mason

1
Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in Carlisle

<7fcd619f-8c46-49e5-8b94-c0ea13c2014fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37516&group=uk.rec.cycling#37516

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 22:29:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in Carlisle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 06:29 UTC

Two boys have been sentenced for robbing a 13-year-old who feared he may be stabbed during the incident in Carlisle as one assailant produced a knife.

The city’s youth court heard the young victim was on his mountain bike, close to Holme Head Bay, Denton Holme, at around 5.30pm on July 16 last year. He was approached by two other boys, one of whom made to grab the bike.

As he did so, the other robber took a knife out of his pocket and showed it to the cyclist. “He didn’t say anything to me. I perceived it to be a threat,” the boy later recalled.

The first boy, now aged 15, got on the bike and rode off. As the owner followed, he heard the other robber, aged 13, say: “I’m going to slash his tyres.”

“He was concerned they may use the knife on him,” prosecutor Peter Bardsley said of the victim, who was scared and dialled 999.

He later provided an impact statement. “After the robbery occurred I was in a state of shock. I came back home in tears.

“I was quite emotional for the remainder of the evening,” he stated. “In the weeks that followed I’ve begun to process things a bit. I do still feel quite unsettled when I’m out alone or with friends.”

Some damage was caused to the bike, and he now avoided the area where the crime had occurred.

Both of the boys responsible admitted robbery, and were sentenced in court today after defence lawyers gave mitigation on their behalf.

Lead youth justice Keith Southward told the boy who had produced the Swiss army-style knife: “It wasn’t a pleasant thing for somebody to have to face. We read a lot about knife crime. It is very dangerous. We’re hearing more cases of people being stabbed and it is not the thing to be doing.”

Both boys were made subject to 12-month referral orders and must work with youth offending service staff to access support aimed at keeping them on the straight and narrow.

They must each also pay £50 compensation for damage caused and an order was made for forfeiture and destruction of knife.

https://cumbriacrack.com/2024/02/02/young-cyclist-thought-he-may-be-stabbed-by-teen-robbers-in-carlisle/

Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robber chav-cyclists in Carlisle

<l26s8tFcu36U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37519&group=uk.rec.cycling#37519

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robber
chav-cyclists in Carlisle
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 13:09:49 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 13:09 UTC

On 03/02/2024 06:29 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> Two chav-cyclist boys have been sentenced for robbing a 13-year-old who feared he may be stabbed during the incident in Carlisle as one assailant produced a knife.
> The city’s youth court heard the young victim was on his mountain bike, close to Holme Head Bay, Denton Holme, at around 5.30pm on July 16 last year. He was approached by two other boys (chav-cyclists), one of whom made to grab the bike.
> As he did so, the other robber took a knife out of his pocket and showed it to the cyclist. “He didn’t say anything to me. I perceived it to be a threat,” the boy later recalled.
> The first boy, now aged 15, got on the bike and rode off. As the owner followed, he heard the other robber, aged 13, say: “I’m going to slash his tyres.”
> “He was concerned they may use the knife on him,” prosecutor Peter Bardsley said of the victim, who was scared and dialled 999.
> He later provided an impact statement. “After the robbery occurred I was in a state of shock. I came back home in tears.
> “I was quite emotional for the remainder of the evening,” he stated. “In the weeks that followed I’ve begun to process things a bit. I do still feel quite unsettled when I’m out alone or with friends.”
> Some damage was caused to the bike, and he now avoided the area where the crime had occurred.
> Both of the boys responsible admitted robbery, and were sentenced in court today after defence lawyers gave mitigation on their behalf.
> Lead youth justice Keith Southward told the boy who had produced the Swiss army-style knife: “It wasn’t a pleasant thing for somebody to have to face. We read a lot about knife crime. It is very dangerous. We’re hearing more cases of people being stabbed and it is not the thing to be doing.”

Does he have a PhD in understatement (otherwise known as "The Bleedin'
Obvious")?

> Both boys were made subject to 12-month referral orders and must work with youth offending service staff to access support aimed at keeping them on the straight and narrow.
> They must each also pay £50 compensation for damage caused and an order was made for forfeiture and destruction of knife.
> https://cumbriacrack.com/2024/02/02/young-cyclist-thought-he-may-be-stabbed-by-teen-robbers-in-carlisle/

They wanted the bike because they are chav-cyclists.

There could be no other reason.

We all know that chav-cyclists' adherence to the law is somewhat
intermittent*, to say the least, don't we?

So why the surprise?

[* Sorry for the four-syllable word.]

Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in Carlisle

<a3fa1bf6-f6e9-4723-9535-35ad6a84c17an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37520&group=uk.rec.cycling#37520

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 06:06:35 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:06 UTC

QUOTE: Both of the boys responsible admitted robbery, and were sentenced in court today after defence lawyers gave mitigation on their behalf. ENDS

"Fessed up early doors", hence the pathetic "sentence" such as it was.

Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen chav-cyclists in Carlisle

<l2710hFdorhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37523&group=uk.rec.cycling#37523

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen chav-cyclists in
Carlisle
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:30:41 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:30 UTC

On 03/02/2024 02:06 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Both of the chav-cyclists responsible admitted robbery, and were sentenced in court today after defence lawyers gave mitigation on their behalf. ENDS
>
> "Fessed up early doors", hence the pathetic "sentence" such as it was.

Two scofflaw chav-cyclists locked up.

You ought to be pleased.

But you are not. And you are trying to divert attention from the rather
obvious fact they are chav-cyclists.

So FIFY (no charge).

Re: Young cyclist thought he may be stabbed by teen robbers in Carlisle

<da768122-8e9e-4418-81b6-82d09d42385bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37525&group=uk.rec.cycling#37525

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 09:09:46 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 17:09 UTC

QUOTE: The first boy, now aged 15, got on the bike and rode off. As the owner followed, he heard the other robber, aged 13, say: “I’m going to slash his tyres.” ENDS

A young disciple at work? Good lad!

QUOTE: Tyre Extinguishers is an international climate direct action group which deflates the tyres on sport utility vehicles (SUVs). The group describes driving an SUV as "among the worst single actions that one can take in terms of its climate impacts and its adverse effects on public safety", with SUVs having a disproportionately large impact on the climate crisis relative to other vehicles, worsening air pollution and being more likely to kill pedestrians than smaller sedan cars. The group has called for a ban on SUVs in cities, and has said that they "want to make it impossible to own a huge polluting 4x4 in the world’s urban areas".

The group suggests inserting a lentil or other small object to depress the pin on the valve cap of an SUV's tyre, so that the tyre deflates slowly over time. The activists leave leaflets under the vehicles' windscreen wipers "so that the owner is aware that the car is unusable and gets an explanation as to why this has been done."ENDS