When the going gets tough, everyone leaves. -- Lynch

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

SubjectAuthor
* Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homeSimon Mason
+- OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST from May Sun: "Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' paJNugent
+* Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homSimon Mason
|+- Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homJNugent
|`* Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homSimon Mason
| `- Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homJNugent
+* Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homSimon Mason
|`- Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homJNugent
`- Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his homSimon Mason

1
Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<04b781fb-6ab5-464e-8abb-a29ac5ba05dcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37504&group=uk.rec.cycling#37504

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 14:08:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside
his home
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 22:08 UTC

One of the first Edinburgh drivers to be issued a pavement parking fine under new laws has branded the charge "scandalous".

Fraser Campbell, who lives in the Morningside area, claims Edinburgh Council officials gave insufficient warning to residents ahead of the new parking rules in the city. He was slapped with a £100 fine after leaving his motor outside his home.

Fraser told us: "The council wardens in their wisdom are now issuing tickets for this sort of parking.

"Absolutely scandalous. Something that needs to be highlighted to everyone. Not even a leaflet drop to warn anyone. Immediate £100 fine. Heartless money grabbers.

"About another 20/25 other cars issued a similar ticket. I've raised a challenge against it. No leaflet drop, warning or anything."

The pavement parking ban was officially adopted on January 29, with drivers parked on a pavement, double parked or parked at crossing points given a £100 fine. The rules are aimed at ensuring the safety of those getting around, and stopping pavements becoming more narrow for those with prams or in wheelchairs.

The £100 fine is reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days. Emergency services, medical practitioners, and certain delivery drivers and collectors will be exempt in some situations.

The council adds: "The new rules do not apply to parking at driveways, garages or property entrances.

"However, if there’s an existing restriction already in place, such as a single yellow line, this will still apply. However, you should not park on the pavement outside your driveway as this could still be enforced."

Councillor Scott Arthur, Transport and Environment Convener, said: “Every driver is responsible for parking their vehicles considerately, and where this would not cause an obstruction to the pavement or road. We brought the pavement parking ban in to provide a safe and accessible environment for everyone, especially those with sight impairments, mobility issues or pushing buggies.

"We’re already hearing from people who really appreciate clearer, wider pavements and who no longer need to walk on the road as a result of the ban.“In the lead-up to the changes we promoted the new rules in the press, on social media and as part of a major national campaign, while parking attendants issued more than 2000 warning notices on cars parked on pavements.

"This is in addition to targeting streets where pavement parking is a real issue by writing to residents and implementing on-street advertising. The fact that compliance shot up to more than 90% in the weeks leading up to enforcement beginning demonstrates increased awareness amongst the public.”

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-driver-fumes-scandalous-pavement-28559178

OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST from May Sun: "Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home" He forgot to include lawbreaking chav-cyclists.

<l25godF5gnrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37506&group=uk.rec.cycling#37506

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST from May Sun: "Edinburgh driver fumes at
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 00:47:09 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 00:47 UTC

On 02/02/2024 10:08 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> One of the first Edinburgh drivers to be issued a pavement parking fine under new laws has branded the charge "scandalous".
>
> Fraser Campbell, who lives in the Morningside area, claims Edinburgh Council officials gave insufficient warning to residents ahead of the new parking rules in the city. He was slapped with a £100 fine after leaving his motor outside his home.
>
> Fraser told us: "The council wardens in their wisdom are now issuing tickets for this sort of parking.
>
> "Absolutely scandalous. Something that needs to be highlighted to everyone. Not even a leaflet drop to warn anyone. Immediate £100 fine. Heartless money grabbers.
>
> "About another 20/25 other cars issued a similar ticket. I've raised a challenge against it. No leaflet drop, warning or anything."
>
> The pavement parking ban was officially adopted on January 29, with drivers parked on a pavement, double parked or parked at crossing points given a £100 fine. The rules are aimed at ensuring the safety of those getting around, and stopping pavements becoming more narrow for those with prams or in wheelchairs.
>
> The £100 fine is reduced to £50 if paid within 14 days. Emergency services, medical practitioners, and certain delivery drivers and collectors will be exempt in some situations.
>
> The council adds: "The new rules do not apply to parking at driveways, garages or property entrances.
>
> "However, if there’s an existing restriction already in place, such as a single yellow line, this will still apply. However, you should not park on the pavement outside your driveway as this could still be enforced."
>
> Councillor Scott Arthur, Transport and Environment Convener, said: “Every driver is responsible for parking their vehicles considerately, and where this would not cause an obstruction to the pavement or road. We brought the pavement parking ban in to provide a safe and accessible environment for everyone, especially those with sight impairments, mobility issues or pushing buggies.
>
> "We’re already hearing from people who really appreciate clearer, wider pavements and who no longer need to walk on the road as a result of the ban.“In the lead-up to the changes we promoted the new rules in the press, on social media and as part of a major national campaign, while parking attendants issued more than 2000 warning notices on cars parked on pavements.
>
> "This is in addition to targeting streets where pavement parking is a real issue by writing to residents and implementing on-street advertising. The fact that compliance shot up to more than 90% in the weeks leading up to enforcement beginning demonstrates increased awareness amongst the public.”
>
> https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-driver-fumes-scandalous-pavement-28559178

You've forgotten to say what the penalties are for chavs like yourself
who ride their chav-bikes along FOOTways.

And it's rendering your post off-topic and as trolling.

Isn't it?

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<d2f4f3a7-c5a8-490b-9685-c70f2e87ff78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37511&group=uk.rec.cycling#37511

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 22:04:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine
outside his home
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 06:04 UTC

QUOTE: Fraser Campbell, who lives in the Morningside area, claims Edinburgh Council officials gave insufficient warning to residents ahead of the new parking rules in the city. He was slapped with a £100 fine after leaving his motor outside his home. ENDS

Does "Fraser" own the piece of road outside his house then?
No? Then suck it up, cowboy.

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<l2714uFdorhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37524&group=uk.rec.cycling#37524

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
outside his home
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:33:02 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:33 UTC

On 03/02/2024 06:04 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Fraser Campbell, who lives in the Morningside area, claims Edinburgh Council officials gave insufficient warning to residents ahead of the new parking rules in the city. He was slapped with a £100 fine after leaving his motor outside his home. ENDS
>
> Does "Fraser" own the piece of road outside his house then?
> No? Then suck it up, cowboy.

What about the chavs (like you) on bikes (like yours) who abuse those
very FOOTways (in Edinburgh and elsewhere) and like you, could not care
less for the safety of the pedestrians you pretend to be concerned about?

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<515a4576-1531-4afa-bad2-54fe83132b48n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37526&group=uk.rec.cycling#37526

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 09:14:59 -0800 (PST)
outside his home
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 17:14 UTC

QUOTE: The pavement parking ban was officially adopted on January 29, with drivers parked on a pavement, double parked or parked at crossing points given a £100 fine. The rules are aimed at ensuring the safety of those getting around, and stopping pavements becoming more narrow for those with prams or in wheelchairs. ENDS

Let's hope that "Fraser" does not get held up in his wheelchair and blocked in by one of these selfish twats in his elderly years, then his "poor me" attitude might radically alter.

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<l27en8Fg5k1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37528&group=uk.rec.cycling#37528

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
outside his home
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 18:24:40 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 18:24 UTC

On 03/02/2024 05:14 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: The pavement parking ban was officially adopted on January 29, with drivers parked on a pavement, double parked or parked at crossing points given a £100 fine. The rules are aimed at ensuring the safety of those getting around, and stopping pavements becoming more narrow for those with prams or in wheelchairs. ENDS
>
> Let's hope that "Fraser" does not get held up in his wheelchair and blocked in by one of these selfish twats in his elderly years, then his "poor me" attitude might radically alter.

Much more to the present point, let us all hope that nobody in the
locality is mown down by a chav-cyclist taking advantage of cleared
FOOTways and showing no concern at all for people on foot.

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<e6fb83f7-20cd-4f60-b0c9-9854566631c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37531&group=uk.rec.cycling#37531

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 10:36:33 -0800 (PST)
outside his home
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 18:36 UTC

QUOTE: "We’re already hearing from people who really appreciate clearer, wider pavements and who no longer need to walk on the road as a result of the ban.ENDS

Win - win all round, Councillor Scott - don't let a few selfish twats ruin things for the vast majority of pedestrians and disabled people.

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home [now on-topic for ukrc]

<l284qbFk29gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37534&group=uk.rec.cycling#37534

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
outside his home [now on-topic for ukrc]
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 00:41:47 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 00:41 UTC

On 03/02/2024 06:36 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: "We’re already hearing from people who really appreciate clearer, wider pavements and who no longer need to walk on the road as a result of the ban.ENDS
>
> Win - win all round, Councillor Scott - don't let a few selfish twats ruin things for the vast majority of FOOTway chav-cyclists.

There.

Fixed it for you.

Now it says what you *really* "think".

Re: Edinburgh driver fumes at 'scandalous' pavement parking fine outside his home

<05abbc9d-b169-40f0-b4ec-bdde244b12ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37536&group=uk.rec.cycling#37536

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 22:48:40 -0800 (PST)
outside his home
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 06:48 UTC

QUOTE: "Absolutely scandalous. Something that needs to be highlighted to everyone. Not even a leaflet drop to warn anyone. Immediate £100 fine. Heartless money grabbers.ENDS

Wait until this fool learns about speeding fines, drunk driving penalties and countless other fees for breaking the law. He'll be even more gammon coloured.