Wernher von Braun settled for a V-2 when he coulda had a V-8.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in Redbridge

SubjectAuthor
* Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in RedbridgeSimon Mason
+- OFF-TOPIC: Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tippiJNugent
+* Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in RedbrSimon Mason
|`- Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in RedbrJNugent
`- Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in RedbrSimon Mason

1
Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in Redbridge

<53556d48-936d-409d-ac5c-fffc5813abden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37533&group=uk.rec.cycling#37533

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 10:50:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Van_owner_left_with_£800_fine_and_crushed_vehicle_a
fter_fly-tipping_in_Redbridge_
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 3 Feb 2024 18:50 UTC

A fly-tipper who dumped tyres and old carpets in a Redbridge alleyway ended up with £800 worth of fines and a crushed van after being tracked down by Redbridge Council and hit with enforcement action.

The culprit was brought to justice after footage emerged of his van being used on two separate occasions to dump rubbish in an alleyway backing onto houses in Barkingside.

Among the rubbish found fly-tipped was filled sacks, old carpets and four vehicle tyres.

It wasn’t long before the Council’s Enforcement Team were able to link the offending van to a local address as part of their investigation. Further enquiries revealed that another vehicle, also linked to fly-tipping incidents in the borough, was also connected to the address.

In a joint operation with the Police, the council seized both vehicles under section 34 Environmental Protection Act 1990, as Enforcement Officers continued to track down the vehicle owners.

The owner of the van was eventually traced and interviewed under caution, during which he admitted to fly-tipping in the alleyway, landing him with two fines totalling £800.

His seized van was also crushed after he failed to collect it within the designated time frame.

The second seized vehicle, for which an owner could not be traced, was also crushed.

Redbridge Cabinet Member for Environment and Civic Pride Cllr Jo Blackman, said: “Redbridge is our home, and no one has the right to dump rubbish on our streets. The council takes tough action against anyone caught fly-tipping, and in this case the fly-tipper ended up losing both his money, and his van. This could have been easily avoided as there are lots of different ways you can dispose of rubbish responsibly and legally in the borough..”

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/news/may-2023/van-owner-left-with-800-fine-and-crushed-vehicle-after-fly-tipping-in-redbridge/

OFF-TOPIC: Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in Redbridge (No apparent chav-cycling content)

<l28500Fk29gU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37535&group=uk.rec.cycling#37535

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC:_Re:_Van_owner_left_with_£800_fine_and
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 00:44:48 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 00:44 UTC

On 03/02/2024 06:50 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A fly-tipper who dumped tyres and old carpets in a Redbridge alleyway ended up with £800 worth of fines and a crushed van after being tracked down by Redbridge Council and hit with enforcement action.
> The culprit was brought to justice after footage emerged of his van being used on two separate occasions to dump rubbish in an alleyway backing onto houses in Barkingside.
> Among the rubbish found fly-tipped was filled sacks, old carpets and four vehicle tyres.
> It wasn’t long before the Council’s Enforcement Team were able to link the offending van to a local address as part of their investigation. Further enquiries revealed that another vehicle, also linked to fly-tipping incidents in the borough, was also connected to the address.
> In a joint operation with the Police, the council seized both vehicles under section 34 Environmental Protection Act 1990, as Enforcement Officers continued to track down the vehicle owners.
> The owner of the van was eventually traced and interviewed under caution, during which he admitted to fly-tipping in the alleyway, landing him with two fines totalling £800.
> His seized van was also crushed after he failed to collect it within the designated time frame.
> The second seized vehicle, for which an owner could not be traced, was also crushed.
> Redbridge Cabinet Member for Environment and Civic Pride Cllr Jo Blackman, said: “Redbridge is our home, and no one has the right to dump rubbish on our streets. The council takes tough action against anyone caught fly-tipping, and in this case the fly-tipper ended up losing both his money, and his van. This could have been easily avoided as there are lots of different ways you can dispose of rubbish responsibly and legally in the borough.”

> https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/news/may-2023/van-owner-left-with-800-fine-and-crushed-vehicle-after-fly-tipping-in-redbridge/

Was he also dumping chav-cycles?

Yes?

No?

Unless the answer is "Yes", your post is just another of your off-topic
troll-rants.

Isn't it?

Eighteen days to go.

Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in Redbridge

<4cc85a08-5705-41c4-b416-039df93dab53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37537&group=uk.rec.cycling#37537

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 22:51:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Van_owner_left_with_£800_fine_and_crushed_vehic
le_after_fly-tipping_in_Redbridge
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 06:51 UTC

QUOTE:
> His seized van was also crushed after he failed to collect it within the designated time frame.
>
> The second seized vehicle, for which an owner could not be traced, was also crushed. ENDS

Here are the vans being taken away to be crushed. :-))

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/11536/crushed-vans-carousel.jpg

Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in Redbridge [it's been made on-topic]

<l29k85Fs1qpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37546&group=uk.rec.cycling#37546

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Van_owner_left_with_£800_fine_and_crushed_vehi
cle_after_fly-tipping_in_Redbridge_[it's_been_made_on-topic
]
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 14:11:16 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 14:11 UTC

On 04/02/2024 06:51 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
>> His seized van was also crushed after he failed to collect it within the designated time frame.
>> The second seized vehicle, for which an owner could not be traced, was also crushed. ENDS
>
> Here are the vans being taken away to be crushed. :-))
> https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/11536/crushed-vans-carousel.jpg

Sounds good to me.

The owner of the first van obviously didn't value it as being worth as
much as the recovery costs.

The second van (if what you wrote was true) has been abandoned by its
last owner.

But they should really start doing the same thing - on SIGHT and
IMMEDIATELY - to chav-cycles left abandoned (some would say "parked") on
FOOTways or other public spaces, whether chained to a piece of street
furniture or to the railings of a building.

Bolt cutters - snip the chain - hurl the chav-cycle into the back of an
enforcement pickup-truck and straight to the crushing plant (maybe after
a half a dozen have been collected, which would provide an incentive to
those manning the truck - as they could have a tea-break back as the
factory).

Win / Win / Lose!

1st Win: pedestrians using the FOOTway.

2nd Win: local authority cleansing department.

1st and only Lose: the chav-cyclist who left the chav-cycle on the
FOOTway or other public space.

Re: Van owner left with £800 fine and crushed vehicle after fly-tipping in Redbridge

<9162b560-a3a1-48b8-8be9-ef41956112b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37551&group=uk.rec.cycling#37551

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 08:10:30 -0800 (PST)
le_after_fly-tipping_in_Redbridge
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 16:10 UTC

QUOTE: Cllr Jo Blackman, said: “Redbridge is our home, and no one has the right to dump rubbish on our streets. The council takes tough action against anyone caught fly-tipping, and in this case the fly-tipper ended up losing both his money, and his van. ENDS

Crushing the vehicles is a very POSITIVE move - more please!