Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future. -- Niels Bohr

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

SubjectAuthor
* Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
+- Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingJNugent
+* Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
|+- Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingJNugent
|`* Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
| +- TOTALLY O-T TROLLING by MAY SUN: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crJNugent
| `- Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
+* Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
|+- Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingJNugent
|`* Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
| `- Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingJNugent
+* Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
|`- MAY SUN TROLL POST: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anJNugent
`* Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social drivingSimon Mason
 `- MAY SUN TROLLING: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on antiJNugent

1
Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<85a9041d-5a06-4692-bce1-90d754dad4a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37559&group=uk.rec.cycling#37559

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 12:07:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 20:07 UTC

Three vehicles were seized in one day as part of a crackdown on anti-social driving, thanks to the work of our Operational Policing Command (OPC).
In an effort to tackle anti-social driving across the county and to keep the roads in Essex safe, OPC issued notices to three drivers concerned in vehicle-related anti-social behaviour.
Anti-social use of a vehicle, such as street racing, cruising or off-road use is more than a matter of noise pollution, it can have a wider impact on a neighbourhood or community, resulting in serious consequences in the event of a collision.

Last week, RPU officers seized three cars in three separate incidents of anti-social driving, where the vehicles were used in a manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance to other road users or pedestrians on Saturday 2 December.
The first car seized under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002, a Fiesta driving dangerously at Brentwood, was spotted by an RPU officer, on way to work – proving our officers are always alert to dangers on our roads.
The officer witnessed the driver making multiple undertakes on the M25, swerving between lanes to pass through some very heavy traffic.
The 23-year-old driver from Basildon, was issued a Section 59 notice after being stopped and his car was seized.

The second car seizure happened a short time later, when officers witnessed the driver of an Audi A4 wheel spinning and doing donuts on the icy roof of the multi-storey car park at Lakeside shopping centre. Despite trying to make off from officers when he realised, the 18-year-old Grays man was issued a Section 59 notice alongside his uninsured car being seized.

In an incident in Southend, a 21-year-old driver was caught by officers driving his BMW on the wrong side of road, overtaking several cars at speed, before drifting sideways into a junction – resulting in a Section 59 being issued.
All three drivers were also reported for careless driving and multiple driving offences.
As a result of the seizures, each of the drivers and the vehicle are now subject to a warning period of 12 months from the date of issue. This supersedes the previous warnings issued to two drivers earlier this year.

https://www.essex.police.uk/news/essex/news/news/2023/december/three-vehicles-seized-in-one-day-as-part-of-crackdown-on-anti-social-driving/

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<l2adnaF1plmU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37562&group=uk.rec.cycling#37562

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on
anti-social driving
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 21:26:02 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 21:26 UTC

On 04/02/2024 08:07 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> Three vehicles were seized in one day as part of a crackdown on anti-social driving, thanks to the work of our Operational Policing Command (OPC).
> In an effort to tackle anti-social driving across the county and to keep the roads in Essex safe, OPC issued notices to three drivers concerned in vehicle-related anti-social behaviour.
> Anti-social use of a vehicle, such as street racing, cruising or off-road use is more than a matter of noise pollution, it can have a wider impact on a neighbourhood or community, resulting in serious consequences in the event of a collision.

Gerraway!

> Last week, RPU officers seized three cars in three separate incidents of anti-social driving, where the vehicles were used in a manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance to other road users or pedestrians on Saturday 2 December.
> The first car seized under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002, a Fiesta driving dangerously at Brentwood, was spotted by an RPU officer, on way to work – proving our officers are always alert to dangers on our roads.
> The officer witnessed the driver making multiple undertakes on the M25, swerving between lanes to pass through some very heavy traffic.
> The 23-year-old driver from Basildon, was issued a Section 59 notice after being stopped and his car was seized.
> The second car seizure happened a short time later, when officers witnessed the driver of an Audi A4 wheel spinning and doing donuts on the icy roof of the multi-storey car park at Lakeside shopping centre. Despite trying to make off from officers when he realised, the 18-year-old Grays man was issued a Section 59 notice alongside his uninsured car being seized.
> In an incident in Southend, a 21-year-old driver was caught by officers driving his BMW on the wrong side of road, overtaking several cars at speed, before drifting sideways into a junction – resulting in a Section 59 being issued.
> All three drivers were also reported for careless driving and multiple driving offences.
> As a result of the seizures, each of the drivers and the vehicle are now subject to a warning period of 12 months from the date of issue. This supersedes the previous warnings issued to two drivers earlier this year.
>
> https://www.essex.police.uk/news/essex/news/news/2023/december/three-vehicles-seized-in-one-day-as-part-of-crackdown-on-anti-social-driving/

What about anti-social behaviour everywhere - but especially on FOOTways
- by chav-cyclists on their chav-bikes?

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<1cc6ab26-5411-437f-a569-941e31ad726dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37566&group=uk.rec.cycling#37566

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:11:27 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 07:11 UTC

QUOTE:The second car seizure happened a short time later, when officers witnessed the driver of an Audi A4 wheel spinning and doing donuts on the icy roof of the multi-storey car park at Lakeside shopping centre. Despite trying to make off from officers when he realised, the 18-year-old Grays man was issued a Section 59 notice alongside his uninsured car being seized. In an incident in Southend, a 21-year-old driver was caught by officers driving his BMW on the wrong side of road, overtaking several cars at speed, before drifting sideways into a junction – resulting in a Section 59 being issued. ENDS

AUDIs and BMWs? There is definitely a trend there amongst chav kind - any illegal mods as well?

QUOTE: "causing alarm, distress or annoyance to other road users or pedestrians" on Saturday 2 December. ENDS

Just normal twattishness then.

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<l2c8mrFbsccU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37574&group=uk.rec.cycling#37574

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
anti-social driving
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 14:12:43 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 14:12 UTC

On 05/02/2024 07:11 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:The second car seizure happened a short time later, when officers witnessed the driver of an Audi A4 wheel spinning and doing donuts on the icy roof of the multi-storey car park at Lakeside shopping centre. Despite trying to make off from officers when he realised, the 18-year-old Grays man was issued a Section 59 notice alongside his uninsured car being seized. In an incident in Southend, a 21-year-old driver was caught by officers driving his BMW on the wrong side of road, overtaking several cars at speed, before drifting sideways into a junction – resulting in a Section 59 being issued. ENDS

There's actually nothing illegal in overtaking other vehicles by using
the opposite side of the road (on a single-carriageway).

What was the problem?

> AUDIs and BMWs? There is definitely a trend there amongst chav kind - any illegal mods as well?
>
> QUOTE: "causing alarm, distress or annoyance to other road users or pedestrians" on Saturday 2 December. ENDS
>
> Just normal twattishness then.

Oh... there were chav-cyclists involved as well?

Why didn't you say?

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<4a55a90f-9afb-4d05-a917-49ab16aab43en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37580&group=uk.rec.cycling#37580

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 08:13:50 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 16:13 UTC

QUOTE:Anti-social use of a vehicle, such as street racing, cruising or off-road use is more than a matter of noise pollution, it can have a wider impact on a neighbourhood or community, resulting in serious consequences in the event of a collision. ENDS

"Street racing"?
Do these illegal chavs think they are in a game of Grand Theft Auto or something?

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<l2colvFejv2U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37588&group=uk.rec.cycling#37588

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
anti-social driving
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:45:19 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:45 UTC

On 05/02/2024 04:13 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:Anti-social use of a vehicle, such as street racing, cruising or off-road use is more than a matter of noise pollution, it can have a wider impact on a neighbourhood or community, resulting in serious consequences in the event of a collision. ENDS
>

> "Street racing"?
> Do these illegal chavs think they are in a game of Grand Theft Auto or something?

You are obviously talking about your fellow chav-cyclists.

They're just time trialling, I expect.

Calling it that makes it alright, doesn't it?

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<6776e9d5-019f-4c77-abed-32ca66b19fbfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37595&group=uk.rec.cycling#37595

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 12:12:24 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 20:12 UTC

QUOTE:
The second car seizure happened a short time later, when officers witnessed the driver of an Audi A4 wheel spinning and doing donuts on the icy roof of the multi-storey car park at Lakeside shopping centre. Despite trying to make off from officers when he realised, the 18-year-old Grays man was issued a Section 59 notice alongside his uninsured car being seized. ENDS

Why did they choose the roof of a shopping centre to drive like a twat?
Was the local B+Q chavmeet oversubscribed?

Oh - and it's spelled "doughnuts" in the UK.

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<l2d595FgnvpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37598&group=uk.rec.cycling#37598

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
anti-social driving
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 22:20:21 +0000
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 22:20 UTC

On 05/02/2024 08:12 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
> The second car seizure happened a short time later, when officers witnessed the driver of an Audi A4 wheel spinning and doing donuts on the icy roof of the multi-storey car park at Lakeside shopping centre. Despite trying to make off from officers when he realised, the 18-year-old Grays man was issued a Section 59 notice alongside his uninsured car being seized. ENDS
>
> Why did they choose the roof of a shopping centre to drive like a twat?
> Was the local B+Q chav-cycle oversubscribed?
>
> Oh - and it's spelled "doughnuts" in the UK.

Who was it?

Road.cc?

Why expect any better from them?

I don't.

Why do you?

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<107ddb42-2fa6-44c7-9252-fd74bbeff72cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37603&group=uk.rec.cycling#37603

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 21:54:09 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 05:54 UTC

QUOTE: In an effort to tackle anti-social driving across the county and to keep the roads in Essex safe, OPC issued notices to three drivers concerned in vehicle-related anti-social behaviour. ENDS

Since motor vehicles kill or seriously injure 25000 people every year in the UK it's ALL "anti-social behaviour" by definition.

MAY SUN TROLL POST: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving"

<l2f219Fqu3tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37625&group=uk.rec.cycling#37625

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: MAY SUN TROLL POST: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of
crackdown on anti-social driving"
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 15:37:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 15:37 UTC

On 06/02/2024 05:54 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: In an effort to tackle anti-social driving across the county and to keep the roads in Essex safe, OPC issued notices to three drivers concerned in vehicle-related anti-social behaviour. ENDS

You mean chav-cyclists - the *most* anti-social of road (and
FOOTway)-users, of course.

> Since motor vehicles kill or seriously injure 25000 people every year in the UK it's ALL "anti-social behaviour" by definition.

Even the ambulance that came along to scoop you up off the road under
that bridge?

The police cars carrying the officers that secured the scene and kept
you safe until the ambulance(s) arrived?

How about the cars and taxis that brought the emergency radiographers
and other medical staff to the Accident and Emergency Department for you?

Perhaps you know your own business best.

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<da2fe437-1950-4822-84c4-1521ce5b6eaen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37634&group=uk.rec.cycling#37634

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 10:43:12 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 18:43 UTC

QUOTE: The first car seized under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002, a Fiesta driving dangerously at Brentwood, was spotted by an RPU officer, on way to work – proving our officers are always alert to dangers on our roads.ENDS

Not counting dashcam and "sneaky" cyclist footage!

MAY SUN TROLLING: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving" [No chav-cycling content.]

<l2hiegF9j9qU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37651&group=uk.rec.cycling#37651

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: MAY SUN TROLLING: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of
crackdown on anti-social driving" [No chav-cycling content.]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:29:36 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:29 UTC

On 06/02/2024 06:43 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: The first car seized under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002, a Fiesta driving dangerously at Brentwood, was spotted by an RPU officer, on way to work – proving our officers are always alert to dangers on our roads.ENDS
>
> Not counting dashcam and "sneaky" cyclist footage!

So much for the Fiesta.

How did it drive itself?

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<e16ebeb1-d1a3-459a-8389-46ec43ce0160n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37662&group=uk.rec.cycling#37662

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 08:31:29 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 16:31 UTC

Part of being a responsible and considerate motorist is taking sensible measures to ensure that those around you aren’t disturbed or intimidated by the way you use your vehicle, as they’re big, and have the potential to cause a lot of noise. For the majority, this isn’t an issue, but when those that fail to do this begin to cause a nuisance, it becomes a case of anti-social driving.

If you’re affected by the way in which someone drives their car, you’ll want to know the rules around anti-social driving, and what you can do about it. Read on to find out more about what antisocial driving consists of, and what counts as vehicle nuisance.

Behaviour exhibited by a driver that causes distress or alarm to those around them, whether that be other motorists or road users, pedestrians, or neighbours is classed as anti-social driving. It can be annoying, aggressive (and therefore intimidating), or even dangerous.

It’s also referred to as vehicle nuisance, as that’s exactly what drivers that engage in this behaviour are doing - causing nuisance with their vehicle!

Ever seen rings of tyre marks in car parks and on roundabouts? These are down to donuts, and they’re an example of vehicle nuisance. If the local authority has not given you prior permission to perform stunts as part of an event that’s been properly organised, then you should absolutely not be doing tricks and stunts. They’re dangerous, and annoying for those living nearby as it’s generally a loud activity.

Leaving road users and pedestrians alike vulnerable, road racing is another form of vehicle nuisance. This can involve weaving through traffic and running red lights at high speeds, so it’s not only highly illegal, but it’s also vehicle nuisance in a major way.
Powered vehicles such as hoverboards, motorised scooters, minibikes and ‘GoPeds’ are prohibited on public roads or pavements. Using these kinds of vehicles on a public road is classed as vehicle nuisance.

The only exception to this rule is if you’re on private property - you will need the permission of the landowner though!

Street cruising involves groups of car owners or motorbike riders travelling together at speed, often ignoring road signs and signals, and putting other road users at risk through reckless behaviour. They can also attract crowds standing at unsafe points along the road and making noise. It’s easy to see why street cruising is classed as a vehicle nuisance!

Drivers can cause excessive noise through aggressive revving, aftermarket exhausts, or from the speakers within the car. This can cause real disturbance, particularly if a repeat offender constantly disturbs your peace and quiet at home.

Since 2016, cars must be manufactured with exhausts that are no louder than 72 decibels by law, and these exhausts must be ‘type approved’ before they’re sold. Exhausts found to be exceeding 74 decibels are illegal. For reference, this is just a little louder than your domestic vacuum cleaner.

If you’re found to be causing excessive exhaust noise and therefore a disturbance too, you’re risking an on-the-spot fine of £50.

For other types of vehicle nuisance and anti-social driving, fines, points on your license, and other penalties may come your way if you’re found to be engaging in activities that cause harm or distress, just as it would if you were involved in other antisocial behaviour.
Where do you report antisocial driving?

If it feels appropriate and you feel able to approach the perpetrator (particularly if they’re a neighbour), a friendly, non-confrontational conversation to explain how you feel should be your first port of call.

Chances are that you may not feel able to do this, or the behaviour may continue after you’ve had that conversation. If this is the case, you should report the issue to the police, and you can usually do this either online, or via the 101 non-emergency line, or to your local authority.

TOTALLY O-T TROLLING by MAY SUN: "Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving" [No chav-cycle content]

<l2igcbFegmuU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37674&group=uk.rec.cycling#37674

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: TOTALLY O-T TROLLING by MAY SUN: "Three vehicles seized in one day as
part of crackdown on anti-social driving" [No chav-cycle content]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 23:00:27 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 7 Feb 2024 23:00 UTC

On 07/02/2024 04:31 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
> [...]
>
> For other types of vehicle nuisance and anti-social driving, fines, points on your license, and other penalties may come your way if you’re found to be engaging in activities that cause harm or distress, just as it would if you were involved in other antisocial behaviour.
> Where do you report antisocial driving?
>
> If it feels appropriate and you feel able to approach the perpetrator (particularly if they’re a neighbour), a friendly, non-confrontational conversation to explain how you feel should be your first port of call.
>
> Chances are that you may not feel able to do this, or the behaviour may continue after you’ve had that conversation. If this is the case, you should report the issue to the police, and you can usually do this either online, or via the 101 non-emergency line, or to your local authority.

[No chav-cycle content]

15 days left...

Re: Three vehicles seized in one day as part of crackdown on anti-social driving

<a0ae9c62-3622-4464-b35b-edd063ea6eedn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37685&group=uk.rec.cycling#37685

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 00:12:24 -0800 (PST)
anti-social driving
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 08:12 UTC

QUOTE: Part of being a responsible and considerate motorist is taking sensible measures to ensure that those around you aren’t disturbed or intimidated by the way you use your vehicle, as they’re big, and have the potential to cause a lot of noise. For the majority, this isn’t an issue, but when those that fail to do this begin to cause a nuisance, it becomes a case of anti-social driving. ENDS

Does that mean we can't have exhausts with holes in them at the local chav meet up?
Bah - not fair!