From: trevor@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Pirate Bay problems
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:51:30 +1100
 by: Trevor Wilson - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 08:51 UTC

I am using thepiratebay.org but my virus checker is preventing access.
Obviously, I am using a VPN, but no luck. I last used Pirate Bay about 3
weeks ago, with no issues.

Thoughts?

Re: Pirate Bay problems

<ufe3ti$2smh9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3763&group=aus.computers#3763

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Pirate Bay problems
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 11:52:50 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 09:52 UTC

Am 02.10.2023 um 19:51:30 Uhr schrieb Trevor Wilson:

> I am using thepiratebay.org but my virus checker is preventing
> access. Obviously, I am using a VPN, but no luck. I last used Pirate
> Bay about 3 weeks ago, with no issues.
>
> Thoughts?

Uninstall it, it also places spam links at the bottom of your mails and
usenet posts.
TPBs website itself is no problem, but be aware that some torrent
contain malware.

Re: Pirate Bay problems

<op.2b6520xsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3764&group=aus.computers#3764

From: rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 04:12:26 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 17:12 UTC

Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote

> I am using thepiratebay.org but my virus checker

Which one ?

> is preventing access.

At which stage ? When you load pirate bay in the
browser or does it prevent the download starting ?

> Obviously, I am using a VPN,

I dont, because my RSP shares the IP amoungst users, forget the name
for the moment and google isnt any use for the name unusually.

> but no luck. I last used Pirate Bayabout 3 weeks ago, with no issues.

I had pirate bay open in Chrome and have just started a new download fine.

I just opened a new pirate bay tab and it opened fine.

I am using Defender on Win7

> Thoughts?

Re: Pirate Bay problems

<u14mhipd6e64velul0qo0cts0k3ddmrejv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3765&group=aus.computers#3765

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 06:00:16 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:00 UTC

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:51:30 +1100, Trevor Wilson
<trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>I am using thepiratebay.org but my virus checker is preventing access.
>Obviously, I am using a VPN, but no luck. I last used Pirate Bay about 3
>weeks ago, with no issues.
>
>Thoughts?

Using my VPN no trouble accessing!
Scan your PC with a good Malware detector free trial version
Wont auto remove it but will show you where it is
https://www.spyhunter.com/gg-sh/
You may have a "potentially unwanted program (PUP)"
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

justice is open to all; like the Ritz hotel
High Court reveals every current judge is a
member of Qantas’ ‘most exclusive club in Australia’
The High Court has exposed secret members of Qantas’
exclusive Chairman’s Lounge amid a landmark case over
the sacking of 1700 workers.

Re: Pirate Bay problems

<705mhitugam6qpskikkmnrrlvpvpiddnoi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3766&group=aus.computers#3766

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 06:06:05 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:06 UTC

On Tue, 03 Oct 2023 04:12:26 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Trevor Wilson <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote
>
>> I am using thepiratebay.org but my virus checker
>
>Which one ?
>
>> is preventing access.
>
>At which stage ? When you load pirate bay in the
>browser or does it prevent the download starting ?
>
>> Obviously, I am using a VPN,
>
>I dont, because my RSP shares the IP amoungst users, forget the name
>for the moment and google isnt any use for the name unusually.
>
>> but no luck. I last used Pirate Bayabout 3 weeks ago, with no issues.
>
>I had pirate bay open in Chrome and have just started a new download fine.
>
>I just opened a new pirate bay tab and it opened fine.
>
>I am using Defender on Win7
>
>> Thoughts?

He needs to check his history to see if he is being redirected to a
unsafe site by a installed "PUP"
--
Petzl
ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens" One Nation.

Re: Pirate Bay problems

<s38mhipteuf1nk5i3fo39ge93p0p381k5j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3767&group=aus.computers#3767

From: pj@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2023 06:58:35 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:58 UTC

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:51:30 +1100, Trevor Wilson
<trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>I am using thepiratebay.org but my virus checker is preventing access.
>Obviously, I am using a VPN, but no luck. I last used Pirate Bay about 3
>weeks ago, with no issues.
>
>Thoughts?
I don't use VPN because it's clearly just a commercial enterprise.
I use the PirateBay though the availability of movies is less than the
old days, and with fewer seeders. Same goes for apps.