Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:51:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver arrested after crashing car into garden
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 08:51 UTC

A woman was arrested after a car was seen being driven erratically and at speed in Huyton on Sunday, 11 February.

The BMW was seen by officers driving on York Road in the direction of Longview Drive just before 11.15pm.

The officers began a pursuit of the car but after turning onto Longview Drive, the car was seen in the front garden of a house having crashed through two small garden walls.

The driver was detained at the scene and three adult passengers were seen in the vehicle.

A 33-year-old woman from Rainhill was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, drink and drug driving, and driving whilst unfit. She has been taken into custody and will be interviewed.

Superintendent Karl Baldwin said, “There’s one simple reason we work so hard to remind people of the dangers of drink and drug driving.. It ruins lives and can cause unimaginable harm to people who become involved. Not one of us would want to be involved in such incidents and we must change driving behaviour to reduce that harm.

“Miraculously, nobody was harmed when the driver of this vehicle collided into a garden wall. But it could have been so much different, for her, her passengers and for any pedestrians.”

Supt Baldwin added, “Merseyside Police will not tolerate drivers who deliberately ignore the rules of the road, and we are committed to the prevention of serious injury and road death, as we work towards Vision Zero – our strategy focused on driving down the amount of road traffic collisions in our regions and to lower the number of people killed and seriously injured on our streets.

“If you drive under the influence of drink, drugs, or both, you are putting your own safety at risk, the safety of everyone in your vehicle, and the safety of every other road user you come across on your journey.

“Never take the chance with people lives – never get behind the wheel of a car having consumed drugs or excessive amounts of alcohol.

https://www.birkenhead.news/driver-arrested-after-crashing-car-into-garden/