Real wealth can only increase. -- R. Buckminster Fuller

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist with ‘bizarre’ bike extension pictured on main road in PerthshireSimon Mason
+* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerJNugent
|`* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerBrian
| +* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerSimon Mason
| |+- Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerSimon Mason
| |`- Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerSimon Mason
| `* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerSpike
|  +- Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerJNugent
|  `* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerBrian
|   `* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerSpike
|    `* Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerBrian
|     `- Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in PerSimon Mason
`- Re: Cyclist with ‘bizarre’ bike extension pictured on main road in PerthshireSimon Mason

1
Cyclist with ‘bizarre’ bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<f7a61fab-8115-4808-bf3c-f52a065f15d7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37745&group=uk.rec.cycling#37745

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 06:13:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Cyclist_with_‘bizarre’_bike_extension_pictured_o
n_main_road_in_Perthshire
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 14:13 UTC

A cyclist with a “bizarre” bike extension has been spotted on a Perthshire road.

The cyclist was seen on the A85 going towards Comrie from Crieff on Wednesday morning.

A picture shared with The Courier shows the bike with an extension out the side and a light/reflector at the end.

The driver who captured the cyclist was in disbelief at the sight.
A85 motorist had ‘never seen anything like it’

He told The Courier: “I thought I saw him in the distance, and suddenly the car in front of me slowed down.

“When they overtook him I saw him properly and I thought: ‘What the hell is that?’

“I had never seen anything like it in my life.

“It could be dangerous, but I think he just wants to get the space that he’s legally entitled to.

“But it certainly is a funny thing to see – he’s certainly going to get his space with that sticking out.

“He’s maybe had a scare before so does something like that. You never know with people.

“I got passed him pretty quickly. He wasn’t quite in the side though and gave himself a bit more space than he needed.”

While it is unclear if the cyclist was breaking any law, the Highway Code does set rules for those on two wheels.

Rule 66 states that: “Cyclists should avoid any actions that could reduce your control of your cycle.”

It adds that cyclists “should not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain.”

Cyclists are also told to “be considerate” of other road users and to keep a 0.5m gap between them and the kerb on busy roads.

Meanwhile, drivers should leave at least a 1.5m gap when overtaking cyclists.

Police Scotland has been approached for comment.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/4888871/cyclist-bizarre-extension-perthshire-a85/

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<l2pg3lFm0mnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37746&group=uk.rec.cycling#37746

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Chav-cyclist_with_‘bizarre’_chav-bi
ke_extension_pictured_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 14:38:45 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 14:38 UTC

On 10/02/2024 02:13 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

> A cyclist with a “bizarre” bike extension has been spotted on a Perthshire road.
> The cyclist was seen on the A85 going towards Comrie from Crieff on Wednesday morning.
> A picture shared with The Courier shows the bike with an extension out the side and a light/reflector at the end.
> The driver who captured the cyclist was in disbelief at the sight.
> A85 motorist had ‘never seen anything like it’
> He told The Courier: “I thought I saw him in the distance, and suddenly the car in front of me slowed down.
> “When they overtook him I saw him properly and I thought: ‘What the hell is that?’
> “I had never seen anything like it in my life.
> “It could be dangerous, but I think he just wants to get the space that he’s legally entitled to.
> “But it certainly is a funny thing to see – he’s certainly going to get his space with that sticking out.
> “He’s maybe had a scare before so does something like that. You never know with people.
> “I got passed him pretty quickly. He wasn’t quite in the side though and gave himself a bit more space than he needed.”
> While it is unclear if the cyclist was breaking any law, the Highway Code does set rules for those on two wheels.
> Rule 66 states that: “Cyclists should avoid any actions that could reduce your control of your cycle.”
> It adds that cyclists “should not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain.”
> Cyclists are also told to “be considerate” of other road users and to keep a 0.5m gap between them and the kerb on busy roads.
> Meanwhile, drivers should leave at least a 1.5m gap when overtaking cyclists.
> Police Scotland has been approached for comment.
>
> https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/4888871/cyclist-bizarre-extension-perthshire-a85/

SFW:

<https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2024/02/Cyclist-on-road-to-Crieff-181oxen5a-e1707302686892.jpg>

The only logical and correct way to approach this is to ask oneself
whether it would be acceptable for such a device - with all the extra
risk of danger of damage to property and injury or worse to other
people, especially pedestrians - to be affixed to a car, van, bus or
lorry. And then to answer that question realistically and honestly
(which rules out predictable responses from chav-cyclists).

And the answer is that it cannot possibly be acceptable or lawful for
such a dangerous contraption to be used attached to any vehicle, even a
horse and cart.

Re: Cyclist with ‘bizarre’ bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<31e37480-d75d-4f62-b8f9-46de966bbd46n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37751&group=uk.rec.cycling#37751

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 09:54:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Cyclist_with_‘bizarre’_bike_extension_pictur
ed_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 17:54 UTC

QUOTE: “But it certainly is a funny thing to see – he’s certainly going to get his space with that sticking out.ENDS

BINGO!
The penny's finally dropped in a driver's brain for a change.

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<uq8eq5$39e19$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37755&group=uk.rec.cycling#37755

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:20:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Ux8cEm6S7mCXsVwvut38mvdRAsA=
 by: Brian - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 18:20 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/2024 02:13 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> A cyclist with a “bizarre” bike extension has been spotted on a Perthshire road.
>> The cyclist was seen on the A85 going towards Comrie from Crieff on Wednesday morning.
>> A picture shared with The Courier shows the bike with an extension out
>> the side and a light/reflector at the end.
>> The driver who captured the cyclist was in disbelief at the sight.
>> A85 motorist had ‘never seen anything like it’
>> He told The Courier: “I thought I saw him in the distance, and suddenly
>> the car in front of me slowed down.
>> “When they overtook him I saw him properly and I thought: ‘What the hell is that?’
>> “I had never seen anything like it in my life.
>> “It could be dangerous, but I think he just wants to get the space that
>> he’s legally entitled to.
>> “But it certainly is a funny thing to see – he’s certainly going to get
>> his space with that sticking out.
>> “He’s maybe had a scare before so does something like that. You never know with people.
>> “I got passed him pretty quickly. He wasn’t quite in the side though and
>> gave himself a bit more space than he needed.”
>> While it is unclear if the cyclist was breaking any law, the Highway
>> Code does set rules for those on two wheels.
>> Rule 66 states that: “Cyclists should avoid any actions that could
>> reduce your control of your cycle.”
>> It adds that cyclists “should not carry anything which will affect your
>> balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain.”
>> Cyclists are also told to “be considerate” of other road users and to
>> keep a 0.5m gap between them and the kerb on busy roads.
>> Meanwhile, drivers should leave at least a 1.5m gap when overtaking cyclists.
>> Police Scotland has been approached for comment.
>>
>> https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/4888871/cyclist-bizarre-extension-perthshire-a85/
>
> SFW:
>
> <https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2024/02/Cyclist-on-road-to-Crieff-181oxen5a-e1707302686892.jpg>
>
> The only logical and correct way to approach this is to ask oneself
> whether it would be acceptable for such a device - with all the extra
> risk of danger of damage to property and injury or worse to other
> people, especially pedestrians - to be affixed to a car, van, bus or
> lorry. And then to answer that question realistically and honestly
> (which rules out predictable responses from chav-cyclists).
>
> And the answer is that it cannot possibly be acceptable or lawful for
> such a dangerous contraption to be used attached to any vehicle, even a
> horse and cart.

It would be ‘interesting’ to see what he does when trying to undertake or
overtake line of cars when his ‘extension’ would protrude across the centre
of the road into the other on coming lane.

In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<ae36b08a-f0fb-4119-9855-fdced44e601dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37756&group=uk.rec.cycling#37756

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 12:05:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Chav-cyclist_with_‘bizarre’_chav-bike_extens
ion_pictured_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 20:05 UTC

On Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 6:20:56 PM UTC, Brian wrote:

> In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
> it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.

This local man took it to extremes!

https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article9019054.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Untitled-design-2024-01-07T115935040.jpg

Wasn't even tied down. :-)

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/car-carrying-sofa-roof-raises-9017127

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<l2q9vvFqkjrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37757&group=uk.rec.cycling#37757

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 10 Feb 2024 22:00:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 22:00 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/02/2024 02:13 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
>>
>>> A cyclist with a “bizarre” bike extension has been spotted on a Perthshire road.
>>> The cyclist was seen on the A85 going towards Comrie from Crieff on Wednesday morning.
>>> A picture shared with The Courier shows the bike with an extension out
>>> the side and a light/reflector at the end.
>>> The driver who captured the cyclist was in disbelief at the sight.
>>> A85 motorist had ‘never seen anything like it’
>>> He told The Courier: “I thought I saw him in the distance, and suddenly
>>> the car in front of me slowed down.
>>> “When they overtook him I saw him properly and I thought: ‘What the hell is that?’
>>> “I had never seen anything like it in my life.
>>> “It could be dangerous, but I think he just wants to get the space that
>>> he’s legally entitled to.
>>> “But it certainly is a funny thing to see – he’s certainly going to get
>>> his space with that sticking out.
>>> “He’s maybe had a scare before so does something like that. You never know with people.
>>> “I got passed him pretty quickly. He wasn’t quite in the side though and
>>> gave himself a bit more space than he needed.”
>>> While it is unclear if the cyclist was breaking any law, the Highway
>>> Code does set rules for those on two wheels.
>>> Rule 66 states that: “Cyclists should avoid any actions that could
>>> reduce your control of your cycle.”
>>> It adds that cyclists “should not carry anything which will affect your
>>> balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain.”
>>> Cyclists are also told to “be considerate” of other road users and to
>>> keep a 0.5m gap between them and the kerb on busy roads.
>>> Meanwhile, drivers should leave at least a 1.5m gap when overtaking cyclists.
>>> Police Scotland has been approached for comment.
>>>
>>> https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/perth-kinross/4888871/cyclist-bizarre-extension-perthshire-a85/
>>
>> SFW:
>>
>> <https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2024/02/Cyclist-on-road-to-Crieff-181oxen5a-e1707302686892.jpg>
>>
>> The only logical and correct way to approach this is to ask oneself
>> whether it would be acceptable for such a device - with all the extra
>> risk of danger of damage to property and injury or worse to other
>> people, especially pedestrians - to be affixed to a car, van, bus or
>> lorry. And then to answer that question realistically and honestly
>> (which rules out predictable responses from chav-cyclists).
>>
>> And the answer is that it cannot possibly be acceptable or lawful for
>> such a dangerous contraption to be used attached to any vehicle, even a
>> horse and cart.
>>

> It would be ‘interesting’ to see what he does when trying to undertake or
> overtake line of cars when his ‘extension’ would protrude across the centre
> of the road into the other on coming lane.
>
> In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
> it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.

And don’t forget the general right of cyclists to swerve out into traffic,
e.g. to avoid a pothole, and expect every other road user to get out of
their way while doing so.

One good thing about out that contraption…he won’t be cycling on the
footway.

--
Spike

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<l2qjg1Fs9mfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37758&group=uk.rec.cycling#37758

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
ke_extension_pictured_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:42:42 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:42 UTC

On 10/02/2024 10:00 pm, Spike wrote:
> Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
>> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:

>>> SFW:
>>>
>>> <https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2024/02/Cyclist-on-road-to-Crieff-181oxen5a-e1707302686892.jpg>
>>>
>>> The only logical and correct way to approach this is to ask oneself
>>> whether it would be acceptable for such a device - with all the extra
>>> risk of danger of damage to property and injury or worse to other
>>> people, especially pedestrians - to be affixed to a car, van, bus or
>>> lorry. And then to answer that question realistically and honestly
>>> (which rules out predictable responses from chav-cyclists).
>>>
>>> And the answer is that it cannot possibly be acceptable or lawful for
>>> such a dangerous contraption to be used attached to any vehicle, even a
>>> horse and cart.
>>>

>> It would be ‘interesting’ to see what he does when trying to undertake or
>> overtake line of cars when his ‘extension’ would protrude across the centre
>> of the road into the other on coming lane.
>>
>> In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
>> it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.
>
> And don’t forget the general right of cyclists to swerve out into traffic,
> e.g. to avoid a pothole, and expect every other road user to get out of
> their way while doing so.
>
> One good thing about out that contraption…he won’t be cycling on the
> footway.

:-) !

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<uq9rvp$sk37$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37760&group=uk.rec.cycling#37760

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:11:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:2T5zY08OL+9d8d5/T68nbGiuo5U=
 by: Brian - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:11 UTC

Spike <aero.spike@mail.com> wrote:
> Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
>> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:

>>> SFW:
>>>
>>> <https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2024/02/Cyclist-on-road-to-Crieff-181oxen5a-e1707302686892.jpg>
>>>
>>> The only logical and correct way to approach this is to ask oneself
>>> whether it would be acceptable for such a device - with all the extra
>>> risk of danger of damage to property and injury or worse to other
>>> people, especially pedestrians - to be affixed to a car, van, bus or
>>> lorry. And then to answer that question realistically and honestly
>>> (which rules out predictable responses from chav-cyclists).
>>>
>>> And the answer is that it cannot possibly be acceptable or lawful for
>>> such a dangerous contraption to be used attached to any vehicle, even a
>>> horse and cart.
>>>

>> It would be ‘interesting’ to see what he does when trying to undertake or
>> overtake line of cars when his ‘extension’ would protrude across the centre
>> of the road into the other on coming lane.
>>
>> In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
>> it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.
>
> And don’t forget the general right of cyclists to swerve out into traffic,
> e.g. to avoid a pothole, and expect every other road user to get out of
> their way while doing so.
>
> One good thing about out that contraption…he won’t be cycling on the
> footway.

Are you sure?

Remember the case of the cyclist who harassed a pedestrian and, when the
cyclist fell under a car, the pedestrian was jailed.

Dangerous cyclists riding on pavements do as they please.

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<3faa7387-a490-478a-bb76-6d552e9ba254n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37762&group=uk.rec.cycling#37762

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:43:37 -0800 (PST)
ion_pictured_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 08:43 UTC

On Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 8:05:39 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 6:20:56 PM UTC, Brian wrote:
>

> > In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
> > it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.
> This local man took it to extremes!
>
> https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article9019054.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Untitled-design-2024-01-07T115935040.jpg
>
> Wasn't even tied down. :-)
>
> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/car-carrying-sofa-roof-raises-9017127

Some comments in the Mail:

January 8, 2024

Mr Bean hitting the sales I suspect!

January 7, 2024

Will be dumped in the street a week later anyway

January 7, 2024

That's nothing.

Yesterday I saw a BMW indicate when taking his first left at a roundabout.

Mind blowing!!!

January 7, 2024

Chav Longue.

January 7, 2024

When questioned the driver reclined to comment.

January 7, 2024

How they got away carrying that on the roof with no straps definetly unsecured load wow some people amaze me how they get away with things like this

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<l2ricoF3fgmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37767&group=uk.rec.cycling#37767

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Feb 2024 09:30:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:30 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> Spike <aero.spike@mail.com> wrote:
>> Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:

>>> It would be ‘interesting’ to see what he does when trying to undertake or
>>> overtake line of cars when his ‘extension’ would protrude across the centre
>>> of the road into the other on coming lane.
>>>
>>> In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
>>> it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.
>>
>> And don’t forget the general right of cyclists to swerve out into traffic,
>> e.g. to avoid a pothole, and expect every other road user to get out of
>> their way while doing so.
>>
>> One good thing about out that contraption…he won’t be cycling on the
>> footway.

> Are you sure?

> Remember the case of the cyclist who harassed a pedestrian and, when the
> cyclist fell under a car, the pedestrian was jailed.

> Dangerous cyclists riding on pavements do as they please.

Yes, the Auriol Grey affair was a disgraceful miscarriage of justice. Let’s
hope her case doesn’t get forgotten.

--
Spike

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<8d8c2c75-4fda-4ead-83e3-b1235a66648en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37771&group=uk.rec.cycling#37771

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:49:10 -0800 (PST)
ion_pictured_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:49 UTC

On Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 8:05:39 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 6:20:56 PM UTC, Brian wrote:
>

> > In such circumstances, he would be liable for any damage, injury, etc. and
> > it could be argued his vehicle was in a dangerous condition.
> This local man took it to extremes!
>
> https://i2-prod.hulldailymail.co.uk/incoming/article9019054.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_Untitled-design-2024-01-07T115935040.jpg
>
> Wasn't even tied down. :-)
>
> https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/car-carrying-sofa-roof-raises-9017127

Will be dumped in the street a week later anyway

Reply by Hazza1506.

Absolutely. Mind you, I'd dump the Mondeo as well.

There's no need to lie. We all know that indicators on BMWs and Audis indicators are optional extras.

The traffic in this City is that bad, maybe he was going for a kip, while waiting in the que's, thanks to the Bus and almost unused Cycle lanes. But never mind, our wonderful Council are going too fix the problem this year, ARNE'T THEY????

Mr Potato head was the driver.

Looks like they’re off to dump it in a ditch somewhere. Probably just keep on driving if it fell off……

Mr Bean? Surprised he wasnt sitting on the sofa and steering with ropes attached to the steering wheel.

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<uqikai$2mgnv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37821&group=uk.rec.cycling#37821

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:56:18 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6QPyy6bm9u1vRi0Z76nQYe5uAV0=
 by: Brian - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:56 UTC

Spike <aero.spike@mail.com> wrote:
> Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
>> Spike <aero.spike@mail.com> wrote:

>>> And don’t forget the general right of cyclists to swerve out into traffic,
>>> e.g. to avoid a pothole, and expect every other road user to get out of
>>> their way while doing so.
>>>
>>> One good thing about out that contraption…he won’t be cycling on the
>>> footway.
>
>> Are you sure?
>
>> Remember the case of the cyclist who harassed a pedestrian and, when the
>> cyclist fell under a car, the pedestrian was jailed.
>
>> Dangerous cyclists riding on pavements do as they please.
>
> Yes, the Auriol Grey affair was a disgraceful miscarriage of justice. Let’s
> hope her case doesn’t get forgotten.

Of course, if the idiot who undertook a lorry as it was turning left had
used one, she may still be alive and the entirely innocent lorry driver not
facing charges.

Re: Chav-cyclist with ‘bizarre’ chav-bike extension pictured on main road in Perthshire

<a76bb5cc-93c8-4fbe-aa97-bcf38fc13fa3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37822&group=uk.rec.cycling#37822

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 08:21:09 -0800 (PST)
ion_pictured_on_main_road_in_Perthshire
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:21 UTC

On Wednesday, February 14, 2024 at 2:56:23 PM UTC, Brian wrote:

> Of course, if the idiot who undertook a lorry as it was turning left had
> used one, she may still be alive and the entirely innocent lorry driver not
> facing charges.

Of course, if the idiot who was driving in this case had not crashed into a tree killing two of his young passengers, he would not have been jailed at all.

QUOTE: A man has been jailed after he crashed his packed car killing two of his passengers - a young engaged couple.

Bradley Clough had five other people in his five-seater car when he skidded off the road and collided with trees. Sadly, couple Jack Paolucci, 19, and Courtney Jennings, 18, were declared dead at the scene.

Two other passengers suffered serious injuries in the collision. The car was found to be overloaded and one of the tyres was under inflated. Clough was jailed for three years for two counts of causing death by careless driving at Winchester Crown Court.

In a joint statement, the families of Courtney and Jack said: "It is still impossible to comprehend, understand or see a way forward without the light Courtney and Jack brought to our lives. Such a tragic night that has affected the lives of numerous families. Some of the heartbreak would have been eased by truth and remorse from Bradley for an action that cost us so much.

"But unfortunately, that was not to be. However, we are thankful that after two years and three months we have some justice and Bradley Clough gets the reflection time in prison it's so clear he needs."

They added: "As the two families of Courtney and Jack, we remain bound by the love they shared for each other and provide each other the strength needed to manage each day as one family. For our children, we will be forever proud and grateful that you chose us to be your parents.

"We would like to ask parents to educate their children on the dangers of being in an over laden car without a seatbelt. It is important too, when your child starts to drive, that they understand the responsibility the privilege of driving comes with and the essential requirement for maintaining their vehicle properly. If Courtney and Jack can help one other family not to suffer like we have, our loss won't have been in vain."

Investigating officer Rachel Catling of the Serious Collision Investigation Team said: "Clough's actions were incredibly reckless and irresponsible, leading to two young people tragically losing their lives. Jack and Courtney, who were engaged, had their whole lives and promising careers in the army ahead of them.

"I would like to pay tribute to them and their parents who have behaved with dignity and respect throughout this lengthy process despite the significant amount of pain that they must be experiencing. Clough should have been well aware of how dangerous his car was to drive. Not only that, he lied during interview, claiming to be blinded by the headlights of an oncoming vehicle.

"CCTV footage showed there was no other vehicle nearby at the time of the collision. I am pleased he has been jailed for his actions and I hope the families of Jack and Courtney can get some sort of sense of closure and begin to rebuild their lives."

Clough was also disqualified from driving for three-and-a-half years and will be required to sit an extended driving test before being allowed to drive again. ENDS