Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

SubjectAuthor
* Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsSimon Mason
+* OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington schools driJNugent
|`* Re: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington schoolsSpike
| `- Re: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington schooJNugent
`* Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsSimon Mason
 `* Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsSimon Mason
  +- Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsJNugent
  `* Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsSimon Mason
   +- Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsJNugent
   `- Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictionsSimon Mason

1
Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<1e82dd72-7679-4b31-a98a-148e23f96ff5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37763&group=uk.rec.cycling#37763

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:50:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 08:50 UTC

DRIVERS ignoring restrictions outside Haddington primary schools are being warned they face being fined.

Vehicles are banned from driving on Victoria Road, Neilson Park Road and Wemyss Place at school drop-off and pick-up times.

Community police officers have been made aware that people are “still” driving on the roads when the restrictions are in place.

A police spokesperson said: “Officers will be patrolling the areas and issuing fines to offending drivers.”

https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/24106114.fines-warning-haddington-schools-driving-restrictions/

OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions" [chav-cycle-free content]

<l2sbosF82psU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37779&group=uk.rec.cycling#37779

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington
schools driving restrictions" [chav-cycle-free content]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:43:07 +0000
 by: JNugent - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:43 UTC

On 11/02/2024 08:50 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> DRIVERS ignoring restrictions outside Haddington primary schools are being warned they face being fined.
>
> Vehicles are banned from driving on Victoria Road, Neilson Park Road and Wemyss Place at school drop-off and pick-up times.
>
> Community police officers have been made aware that people are “still” driving on the roads when the restrictions are in place.
>
> A police spokesperson said: “Officers will be patrolling the areas and issuing fines to offending drivers.”
>
> https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/24106114.fines-warning-haddington-schools-driving-restrictions/

What did he chav on the chav-bike say about it?

Re: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions" [chav-cycle-free content]

<l2se7mF8hnvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37780&group=uk.rec.cycling#37780

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning
Date: 11 Feb 2024 17:25:10 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:25 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> On 11/02/2024 08:50 am, Simon Mason wrote:

>> DRIVERS ignoring restrictions outside Haddington primary schools are
>> being warned they face being fined.

[…]

>> A police spokesperson said: “Officers will be patrolling the areas and
>> issuing fines to offending drivers.”

Can the police be fined for handing out fines instead of Fixed Penalty
Notices?

>> https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/24106114.fines-warning-haddington-schools-driving-restrictions/

> What did he chav on the chav-bike say about it?

GOOTFWINS, probably…😉 🚶💥🚴

--
Spike

Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<abdd81cc-ed19-4845-bf9a-08875acc8680n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37785&group=uk.rec.cycling#37785

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 10:18:50 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:18 UTC

QUOTE: Vehicles are banned from driving on Victoria Road, Neilson Park Road and Wemyss Place at school drop-off and pick-up times. Community police officers have been made aware that people are “still” driving on the roads when the restrictions are in place.ENDS

A fine a day, keeps the selfish twats away.

Re: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions" [chav-cycle-free content]

<l320saF9r1tU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37804&group=uk.rec.cycling#37804

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
schools driving restrictions" [chav-cycle-free content]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:14:25 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:14 UTC

On 11/02/2024 11:25, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/02/2024 08:50 am, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>>> DRIVERS ignoring restrictions outside Haddington primary schools are
>>> being warned they face being fined.
>
> […]
>
>>> A police spokesperson said: “Officers will be patrolling the areas and
>>> issuing fines to offending drivers.”
>
> Can the police be fined for handing out fines instead of Fixed Penalty
> Notices?
>
>>> https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/24106114.fines-warning-haddington-schools-driving-restrictions/
>
>> What did he chav on the chav-bike say about it?
>
> GOOTFWINS, probably…😉 🚶💥🚴

GTMAC!

Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<4e9f5ce0-c6a2-404f-ab05-7fc1b7d8b41dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37812&group=uk.rec.cycling#37812

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 13:30:51 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:30 UTC

With the new school year kicking off and parents returning to a routine of trying to scramble the kids into the car for the dash to the gates, these are the parking rules they need to know to avoid being stung with a hefty fine.

Inconsiderate and illegal parking is often rife outside schools at peak times and is often a significant cause of complaint for local residents who are impacted by parents on the school run.

Drivers need to know about different road markings and their rules, as well as being aware of bans on idling your car's engine outside certain schools..

Here's an 'idiot's guide' for parents when it comes to parking outside schools.

But outside schools, it is to prevent vehicles from obscuring visibility of young children who are leaving school or need to cross the road.

The Highway Code says: 'You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.'

This means you can't stop there at all – even if the engine is still running and you are letting your children jump out quickly.

If there is a sign indicating the hours of operation close to the yellow zig-zags, it signifies that between those hours parking wardens or local authority civil enforcement officers have the power to issue penalty charge notices (PCNs) for parking in the area.

And if there is no sign to display the operating hours, this means the police is responsible for enforcing parking there, not the local authority.

If an offender is caught ignoring these rules, they can be issued a £70 PCN.

Double yellow lines mean stopping the car and waiting is not permitted at any time unless signs signify otherwise.

The only exception to this rule is for blue badge holders, who may park on double yellow lines for up to three hours.
However, there is a slight difference to yellow zig-zag lines: with double yellow lines, you can stop briefly to let your kids in or out of the car.

Though, if you stop the engine and park up, you run the risk of being fined or could even have your vehicle towed away.
As the RAC points out, the penalty for stopping on double yellow lines depends on your local council - or police, if they are responsible for enforcement in that area - and could be anything up to £130.

The fine is usually halved if you pay within 14 days, however you cannot appeal a parking ticket you have already paid.

It's also worth noting that you cannot park fully on the pavement next to double yellow lines.

The Department for Transport makes clear that double yellow line rules apply when stopping adjacent to them from the centre of the road to the back of the footway/pavement.

'Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge,' DfT guidelines say.

Single yellow lines mean 'no parking' rules apply, but only at certain times.

You'll need to check signs near the single yellow lines to understand what restrictions apply, and when.

In the areas surrounding schools, it's highly likely that any restrictions will fall during the school rush hour.

Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<l325jhFal2lU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37814&group=uk.rec.cycling#37814

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:35:04 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:35 UTC

On 13/02/2024 15:30, Simon Mason wrote:

> With the new school year kicking off and parents returning to a routine of trying to scramble the kids into the car for the dash to the gates, these are the parking rules they need to know to avoid being stung with a hefty fine.
>
> Inconsiderate and illegal parking is often rife outside schools at peak times and is often a significant cause of complaint for local residents who are impacted by parents on the school run.
>
> Drivers need to know about different road markings and their rules, as well as being aware of bans on idling your car's engine outside certain schools.
>
> Here's an 'idiot's guide' for parents when it comes to parking outside schools.
>
> But outside schools, it is to prevent vehicles from obscuring visibility of young children who are leaving school or need to cross the road.
>
> The Highway Code says: 'You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.'
>
> This means you can't stop there at all – even if the engine is still running and you are letting your children jump out quickly.
>
> If there is a sign indicating the hours of operation close to the yellow zig-zags, it signifies that between those hours parking wardens or local authority civil enforcement officers have the power to issue penalty charge notices (PCNs) for parking in the area.
>
> And if there is no sign to display the operating hours, this means the police is responsible for enforcing parking there, not the local authority.
>
> If an offender is caught ignoring these rules, they can be issued a £70 PCN.
>
> Double yellow lines mean stopping the car and waiting is not permitted at any time unless signs signify otherwise.

No, it does not.

If you knew a bit more about the legislation, you wouldn't be so ignorant.

But ask yourself... if that were the effect of double yellows, what
would be the point in double red lines?

> The only exception to this rule is for blue badge holders, who may park on double yellow lines for up to three hours.
> However, there is a slight difference to yellow zig-zag lines: with double yellow lines, you can stop briefly to let your kids in or out of the car.

That's odd. A half-minute ago you said the opposite, M'Lud.

> Though, if you stop the engine and park up, you run the risk of being fined or could even have your vehicle towed away.
> As the RAC points out, the penalty for stopping on double yellow lines depends on your local council - or police, if they are responsible for enforcement in that area - and could be anything up to £130.
>
> The fine is usually halved if you pay within 14 days, however you cannot appeal a parking ticket you have already paid.
>
> It's also worth noting that you cannot park fully on the pavement next to double yellow lines.
>
> The Department for Transport makes clear that double yellow line rules apply when stopping adjacent to them from the centre of the road to the back of the footway/pavement.
>
> 'Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge,' DfT guidelines say.
>
> Single yellow lines mean 'no parking' rules apply, but only at certain times.
>
> You'll need to check signs near the single yellow lines to understand what restrictions apply, and when.
>
> In the areas surrounding schools, it's highly likely that any restrictions will fall during the school rush hour.

Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<9f3e6c99-8dce-4d39-a516-695a6fe02d2dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37820&group=uk.rec.cycling#37820

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 23:17:47 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 07:17 UTC

QUOTE: The Highway Code says: 'You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.' This means you can't stop there at all – even if the engine is still running and you are letting your children jump out quickly. ENDS

Seems simple enough even for the thickest driver!

Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<l3480aFlj3iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37823&group=uk.rec.cycling#37823

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:28:16 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:28 UTC

On 14/02/2024 01:17, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: The Highway Code says: 'You MUST NOT wait or park, or stop to set down and pick up passengers, on school entrance markings when upright signs indicate a prohibition of stopping.' This means you can't stop there at all – even if the engine is still running and you are letting your children jump out quickly. ENDS
>
> Seems simple enough even for the thickest driver!

But of course, the thicko chav-cyclist who "thinks" that such
restrictions stretch as far as the eye can see and further is the one
who is beyond remedial lessons in logic and English.

Still, you have to be able to satisfy those criteria in order to be in
with a shout of a vacancy at road.cc - the journal written by
illiterates for illiterates.

Re: Fines warning over Haddington schools driving restrictions

<c89375f5-4065-4fc8-8872-651ed3fb2e61n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37825&group=uk.rec.cycling#37825

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:37:11 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:37 UTC

YELLOW zig-zag lines on the road are most often seen outside schools, yet many motorists are still unsure as to what they mean.

Also commonly found outside hospitals, police and fire stations, yellow zig-zag lines have a very specific meaning but signs next to them may suggest to drivers that the rules only apply between certain hours, which seems to be the source of many people’s confusion.

Let’s take a look at what yellow zig-zag lines mean and clear up some misconceptions.
Is it illegal to park on zig-zag lines outside schools?

Yes, it’s always illegal to park on yellow zig-zag lines anywhere. Rule 243 of the Highway Code indicates a range of places where motorists must not park, including on a bend, a dropped kerb or the brow of a hill. It also states that drivers must not park near a school entrance, anywhere that would prevent access for emergency services or near a bus stop, tram stop or taxi rank. Again, the rule will often — but not always — be made obvious with yellow zig-zags on the road.

Parking outside a school specifically may obstruct visibility for parents and children trying to cross the road and is thus highly dangerous.

When yellow zig-zags are accompanied by a sign indicating the hours of operation, it means that between those hours parking wardens or local authority civil enforcement officers have the power to issue motorists with penalty charges for parking in the area.

Parking on a yellow zig-zag without a sign or outside the indicated hours of operation doesn’t mean that it’s legal to do so; it just means that it’s a matter for the police rather than the local authority to enforce.

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/advice/illegal-park-zig-zag-lines-outside-schools/