Someone is unenthusiastic about your work.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Worksop drink-driver who rammed police car jailed

SubjectAuthor
* Worksop drink-driver who rammed police car jailedSimon Mason
+- SHOCK! HORROR! MAY SUN POSTS ON-TOPIC! "Worksop drink-chav-cyclist [NOT a driverJNugent
`- Re: Worksop drink-driver who rammed police car jailedSimon Mason

1
Worksop drink-driver who rammed police car jailed

<cfabf55f-c982-4c8c-8102-19c5f67e0867n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37846&group=uk.rec.cycling#37846

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 08:26:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Worksop drink-driver who rammed police car jailed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:26 UTC

A drink-driver who rammed a police car while attempting to flee officers has been jailed.

Officers tried to stop a car after it was seen driving the wrong way up a road in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, on New Year's Eve.

But the driver - Charlie Francis - rammed the police car "multiple times" and sped away before he was arrested.

The 35-year-old admitted a series of offences and was jailed for 20 months at Nottingham Crown Court on Tuesday.

Francis, of Garside Street, Worksop, had been nearly three times over the limit at the time of the incident, police said.

He admitted dangerous driving, drink-driving, driving while disqualified and driving without the correct insurance.

Francis has also been banned from driving for four years and 10 months.

Insp John Lees said: "Francis's driving put everyone on the roads nearby that night in considerable danger of harm, including himself.

"After narrowly missing a member of the public, he swerved all over the road, onto the pavement, and then made multiple attempts to ram a police car.

"It is only thanks to sheer luck and the skilled driving of the officers in pursuit that nobody was hurt in this instance, although it could've easily been different."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-68304443

SHOCK! HORROR! MAY SUN POSTS ON-TOPIC! "Worksop drink-chav-cyclist [NOT a driver] who rammed police car jailed"

<l36u7nF5hfvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37851&group=uk.rec.cycling#37851

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: SHOCK! HORROR! MAY SUN POSTS ON-TOPIC! "Worksop drink-chav-cyclist
[NOT a driver] who rammed police car jailed"
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 10:59:35 -0600
 by: JNugent - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:59 UTC

On 15/02/2024 10:26, Simon Mason wrote:

]> A drunk-chav-cyclist [fully unqualified for that] who rammed a police
car while attempting to flee officers has been jailed.

> Officers tried to stop a car after it was seen driving [self driving!] the wrong way up a road in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, on New Year's Eve.
>
> But the fully-unqualified chav-cyclist in charge of it - Charlie Francis - rammed the police car "multiple times" and sped away before he was arrested.
>
> The 35-year-old admitted a series of offences and was jailed for 20 months at Nottingham Crown Court on Tuesday.
>
> Francis, of Garside Street, Worksop, had been nearly three times over the limit at the time of the incident, police said.
>
> He admitted dangerous driving, drink-driving, driving while nothing more than a mere chav-cyclist and driving without the correct insurance.
>
> Francis has also been banned from driving for four years and 10 months.
>
> Insp John Lees said: "Francis's driving put everyone on the roads nearby that night in considerable danger of harm, including himself.
>
> "After narrowly missing a member of the public, he swerved all over the road, onto the pavement, and then made multiple attempts to ram a police car.
>
> "It is only thanks to sheer luck and the skilled driving of the officers in pursuit that nobody was hurt in this instance, although it could've easily been different."
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-68304443

FIFY.

You were actually on-topic for a change, seeing that the subject was a
mere chav-cyclist and nothing more than that.

Re: Worksop drink-driver who rammed police car jailed

<f4dde923-113b-41e8-b80f-0af8252353d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37857&group=uk.rec.cycling#37857

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 12:32:29 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 20:32 UTC

QUOTE: Officers tried to stop a car after it was seen driving the wrong way up a road in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, on New Year's Eve. ENDS

Like driving through red lights, we are always told that drivers NEVER drive the wrong way down one-way streets - false news.