"Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning." -- Marlo Thomas

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

SubjectAuthor
* Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through ReadingSimon Mason
+- OFF-TOPIC TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with drugs driving JNugent
+* Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through ReadingSimon Mason
|`- Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through ReadingJNugent
+* Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through ReadingSimon Mason
|+- )FF-TOPIC TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with drugs driving JNugent
|`* Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through ReadingSimon Mason
| `- MORE O/T TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with drugs driving tJNugent
`- Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through ReadingSimon Mason

1
Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

<4fcd5596-0f8b-4b5c-b4b8-395d6d3f2dbdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37869&group=uk.rec.cycling#37869

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 04:05:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:05 UTC

A man who was caught with a "substantial amount" of drugs has been jailed.

Donovan Bailey, aged 57, of Little Glebe, Sonning, was found guilty by a unanimous jury of three counts of possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of class A namely crack cocaine, heroin and cocaine on November 3 last year at Reading Crown Court.

On May 14, 2023, a green BMW, which Bailey was driving, was seen speeding along Wokingham Road. He was stopped and detained under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Following a search, cash and drugs were recovered from his possession.

Officers later conducted a further search of Bailey’s home address where drug paraphernalia was located, with traces of heroin and cocaine, along with a large quantity of cash.

He was arrested the same day and charged the following day.

Bailey was sentenced to seven years and six months’ imprisonment at Reading Crown Court on Monday, February 12.

He was also ordered to forfeit a quantity of cash and pay a victim surcharge.

Detective Sergeant Jon Nicholls, based at Reading police station, said: “Donovan Bailey was caught with a substantial amount of drugs in his possession and it was clear he was looking to profit from the sale of class A.

“We will proactively and robustly target and prosecute offenders. Our activity will be both visible and covert aimed at disrupting and pursuing offenders involved in the supply of drugs.

“Information from the public around the drug supply offences in Reading plays an important role in developing intelligence into a proactive investigation.

“Anyone with information can contact us by calling 101 or by making a report online.

“If you do not wish to speak to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and they will take your information 100% anonymously.”

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/24123209.man-jailed-found-drugs-driving-reading/

OFF-TOPIC TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading" [Chav-cycle free content]

<l39iv8Fkh4lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37874&group=uk.rec.cycling#37874

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with
drugs driving through Reading" [Chav-cycle free content]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:05:44 -0600
 by: JNugent - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 17:05 UTC

On 16/02/2024 06:05, Simon Mason wrote:

> A man who was caught with a "substantial amount" of drugs has been jailed.
>
> Donovan Bailey, aged 57, of Little Glebe, Sonning, was found guilty by a unanimous jury of three counts of possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of class A namely crack cocaine, heroin and cocaine on November 3 last year at Reading Crown Court.
>
> On May 14, 2023, a green BMW, which Bailey was driving, was seen speeding along Wokingham Road. He was stopped and detained under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
>
> Following a search, cash and drugs were recovered from his possession.
>
> Officers later conducted a further search of Bailey’s home address where drug paraphernalia was located, with traces of heroin and cocaine, along with a large quantity of cash.
>
> He was arrested the same day and charged the following day.
>
> Bailey was sentenced to seven years and six months’ imprisonment at Reading Crown Court on Monday, February 12.
>
> He was also ordered to forfeit a quantity of cash and pay a victim surcharge.
>
> Detective Sergeant Jon Nicholls, based at Reading police station, said: “Donovan Bailey was caught with a substantial amount of drugs in his possession and it was clear he was looking to profit from the sale of class A.
>
> “We will proactively and robustly target and prosecute offenders. Our activity will be both visible and covert aimed at disrupting and pursuing offenders involved in the supply of drugs.
>
> “Information from the public around the drug supply offences in Reading plays an important role in developing intelligence into a proactive investigation.
>
> “Anyone with information can contact us by calling 101 or by making a report online.
>
> “If you do not wish to speak to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and they will take your information 100% anonymously.”
>
> https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/24123209.man-jailed-found-drugs-driving-reading/

What is the connection with chav-cyclists like you on their chav-bikes
like yours?

Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

<cf2eb5f1-8017-40a8-a90c-8992ae199389n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37877&group=uk.rec.cycling#37877

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:19:49 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 19:19 UTC

QUOTE: Bailey was sentenced to seven years and six months’ imprisonment at Reading Crown Court on Monday, February 12. ENDS

They don't mess around with speeding BMW drivers in Reading and no mistake!

Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

<l3a6n2FnrhuU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37884&group=uk.rec.cycling#37884

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:42:41 -0600
 by: JNugent - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 22:42 UTC

On 16/02/2024 13:19, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Bailey was sentenced to seven years and six months’ imprisonment at Reading Crown Court on Monday, February 12. ENDS
>
> They don't mess around with speeding BMW drivers in Reading and no mistake!

He'll have been a Collins-supporting chav-cyclist (like yourself),
pretending to be a qualified driver. That's the way these things usually
turn out, isn't it?

Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

<13e9fc51-caa3-4e04-8a91-6e7173e6c318n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37888&group=uk.rec.cycling#37888

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 00:58:26 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:58 UTC

A SONNING man has been jailed for dealing crack cocaine, heroin, and cocaine.

Reading Crown Court heard that, on Sunday, May 14 last year, Donovan Bailey, 57 and of Little Glebe, was driving a speeding car on Wokingham Road.

Thames Valley Police officers stopped the green BMW and detained him under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Cash and drugs were discovered in Bailey’s possession during a search.

Officers then searched his home, where drugs paraphernalia was located, with traces of heroin and cocaine, along with a large quantity of cash.

Bailey was arrested the same day and charged the following day.

He was found guilty by unanimous jury of three counts of possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of class A namely crack cocaine, heroin and cocaine on Friday, November 3.

On Monday, February 12, he was sentenced to seven years and six months’ imprisonment, ordered to forfeit a quantity of cash, and pay a victim surcharge.

Detective Sergeant Jon Nicholls, based at Reading police station, was pleased with the verdict.

“Donovan Bailey was caught with a substantial amount of drugs in his possession, and it was clear he was looking to profit from the sale of class A,” he said.

“We will proactively and robustly target and prosecute offenders. Our activity will be both visible and covert aimed at disrupting and pursuing offenders involved in the supply of drugs.

“Information from the public around the drug supply offences in Reading plays an important role in developing intelligence into a proactive investigation.

“Anyone with information can contact us by calling 101 or by making a report online.

“If you do not wish to speak to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and they will take your information 100% anonymously.”

https://rdg.today/he-was-looking-to-profit-jail-for-sonning-man-caught-with-crack-cocaine-heroin-and-cocaine/

)FF-TOPIC TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading" [No chav-cycling content of any kind]

<l3cc9hF5b2qU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37895&group=uk.rec.cycling#37895

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
drugs driving through Reading" [No chav-cycling content of any kind]
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:30:09 -0600
 by: JNugent - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 18:30 UTC

On 17/02/2024 02:58, Simon Mason wrote:

> A SONNING man has been jailed for dealing crack cocaine, heroin, and cocaine.
>
> Reading Crown Court heard that, on Sunday, May 14 last year, Donovan Bailey, 57 and of Little Glebe, was driving a speeding car on Wokingham Road.
>
> Thames Valley Police officers stopped the green BMW and detained him under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
>
> Cash and drugs were discovered in Bailey’s possession during a search.
>
> Officers then searched his home, where drugs paraphernalia was located, with traces of heroin and cocaine, along with a large quantity of cash.
>
> Bailey was arrested the same day and charged the following day.
>
> He was found guilty by unanimous jury of three counts of possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of class A namely crack cocaine, heroin and cocaine on Friday, November 3.
>
> On Monday, February 12, he was sentenced to seven years and six months’ imprisonment, ordered to forfeit a quantity of cash, and pay a victim surcharge.
>
> Detective Sergeant Jon Nicholls, based at Reading police station, was pleased with the verdict.
>
> “Donovan Bailey was caught with a substantial amount of drugs in his possession, and it was clear he was looking to profit from the sale of class A,” he said.
>
> “We will proactively and robustly target and prosecute offenders. Our activity will be both visible and covert aimed at disrupting and pursuing offenders involved in the supply of drugs.
>
> “Information from the public around the drug supply offences in Reading plays an important role in developing intelligence into a proactive investigation.
>
> “Anyone with information can contact us by calling 101 or by making a report online.
>
> “If you do not wish to speak to the police you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 and they will take your information 100% anonymously.”
>
> https://rdg.today/he-was-looking-to-profit-jail-for-sonning-man-caught-with-crack-cocaine-heroin-and-cocaine/

Sounds reasonable enough.

What does it have to do with chav-cyclists (other than that most of his
customers will have been chav-cyclists like yourself)?

Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

<3650698f-95da-4f18-806e-a70e0a709aa8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37898&group=uk.rec.cycling#37898

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 12:17:12 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 20:17 UTC

QUOTE: Whit Lee-Wood 15th February 6:13 pm
User ID: 1932620
I remember this guy, shoplifting as a teenager, doesn't seem to have learned any lessons.ENDS

--------------------------

Maybe EIGHT years in jail will hit him hard enough to learn from his many mistakes.

MORE O/T TROLLING BY MAY SUN: "Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading" [No chav-cycling content]

<l3co95F7bmjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37902&group=uk.rec.cycling#37902

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
drugs driving through Reading" [No chav-cycling content]
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 15:54:46 -0600
 by: JNugent - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:54 UTC

On 17/02/2024 14:17, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: Whit Lee-Wood 15th February 6:13 pm
> User ID: 1932620
> I remember this guy, shoplifting as a teenager, doesn't seem to have learned any lessons.ENDS
>
> --------------------------
>
> Maybe EIGHT years in jail will hit him hard enough to learn from his many mistakes.

Googling him is an informative exercise.

Still no chav-cycling content in your post, though.

Re: Man jailed after being found with drugs driving through Reading

<0e0be194-7665-445c-9a3f-f5c429d34f34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37904&group=uk.rec.cycling#37904

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 00:30:15 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 08:30 UTC

QUOTE: On May 14, 2023, a green BMW, which Bailey was driving, was seen speeding along Wokingham Road. He was stopped and detained under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.ENDS

"I am stopping you for dealing in illegal drugs" - remarkable powers of observation from the police there!