From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: [Cycling] An ‘entitled cyclist’
view
Date: 17 Feb 2024 09:10:22 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 09:10 UTC

“But speaking for myself, I find it is far better is to jump lights — which
is why I say make it legal for cyclists to jump red lights and so much more
in order to maintain our safety. As I always give pedestrians right of way,
the only life I risk by jumping a red is my own.

Turning left at a junction? I believe it is far safer to do so before the
vehicle behind gets the same idea and pulls me under its wheels.

And why shouldn’t a bike go through a set of green pedestrian lights when
there are simply no pedestrians in sight?

How else is this city meant to emulate the clean, green streets of
Amsterdam or Copenhagen without allowing cyclists a bit of priority?”

<gasp>

--
Spike