From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: [London] Murder No.3 2024
Date: 18 Feb 2024 13:34:58 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 13:34 UTC

[London] Murder No.3 2024

Fewer cyclists are killed in London than people are murdered, yet we spend
£shedloads on ‘cyclist infra’.

Meanwhile, London is busy fining drives using illegally-obtained data….
Priorities, eh?

Anojan Gnaneswaran, 21, was stabbed at Strawberry Hill railway station in
Twickenham, Richmond-Upon-Thames, at around 11.53pm on 8 January. He was
pronounced dead at the scene. The British Transport Police took the lead in
the investigation. Detectives said the attack was believed to be linked to
another incident in Alexandra Close in Twickenham at around 11.57pm, during
which a 16-year-old boy received a non-life threatening cut to his leg. On
13 February Dino Donaldson, 19, of Caxton Road, Ealing, was charged with
murder. Anojan’s family said in a statement: “Anojan was a much-loved son
and brother, and we are devastated that his young life has been ended in
this way. He was in his third year at university studying accounting and
finance and he was so excited for his future. He excelled at all sports and
had achieved first-dan black belt in karate – he competed in the World and
European championships in karate, and we will all miss him so much.”

--
Spike