It takes a special kind of courage to face what we all have to face.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Murder detectives arrest eight men after cyclist killed in Reading crash

SubjectAuthor
o Murder detectives arrest eight men after cyclist killed in Reading crashSimon Mason

1
Murder detectives arrest eight men after cyclist killed in Reading crash

<ad230efc-ffb2-4a8f-a3ee-bc29116b0ca2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37951&group=uk.rec.cycling#37951

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:41:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Murder detectives arrest eight men after cyclist killed in Reading crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 19:41 UTC

Eight men have been arrested in connection with a murder in Reading.

Police were called to reports of a crash between a cyclist and a vehicle along Addington Road at the junction of Cadugan Place on Wednesday night.

Cyclist Vignesh Raman, 36, was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

It's believed he was also assaulted by an occupant of the vehicle, which then left the scene.

Police say his next of kin has been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.

A 24-year-old man from Reading was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Seven men, aged 20, 21, 24, 27, 31, 41 and 48, all from Reading, were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and remain in police custody.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Brangwin of the Major Crime Unit said: “If you witnessed the incident, have information about what happened, or may have CCTV or dash-cam footage that could assist our investigation, please call 101 or make a report via the Thames Valley Police website, quoting reference 43240072677.

“Alternatively, if you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online.

“While our investigation continues, you will see an increased number of officers in the area. If you are in the area and have any questions or concerns, please approach our officers and ask them any questions or pass them any information you may have.”

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2024-02-15/murder-probe-launched-after-death-of-cyclist-in-town-centre