Your present plans will be successful.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing

SubjectAuthor
* Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown CourtSimon Mason
+- Re: Hartlepool dangerous fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after refusing toJNugent
`- Re: Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown CSimon Mason

1
Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing

<e0d8614f-5dfa-4a4b-ab14-ec2e79396ce3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37971&group=uk.rec.cycling#37971

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 13:32:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside
Crown Court sentence hearing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 21:32 UTC

Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing.

Ezzat, aged 41, was also disqualified from driving at the time of the offences dating back to October 2019.

He has now been jailed for 10 months despite refusing to attend Tuesday’s sentencing hearing at Teesside Crown Court.

Jonathan Harley, prosecuting, described how Ezzat drove away from a police car on Easington Road reaching 60mph in a 30mph zone.

On Winterbottom Avenue, a pedestrian had to jump out of the way of the defendant and despite travelling at 73mph, the police were unable to close the distance with Ezzat.

He was arrested after a short foot chase after being detained on West View Road.

Mr Harley said: “The speed was significantly in excess of the speed limit. There was a deliberate decision to ignore the rules of the road and showed disregard for others.”

Ezzat, of West View Road, Hartlepool, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified, having no insurance and failure to stop.

Judge Tim Stead also gave him two months prison for failing to answer bail by missing several court appearances.

He said Ezzat had shown a “deliberate wilful refusal” to attend, adding a previous dangerous driving conviction was a further aggravating factor.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/hartlepool-dangerous-driver-jailed-after-refusing-to-attend-teesside-crown-court-sentence-hearing-4526522

Re: Hartlepool dangerous fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing

<l3kvkuFlpatU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37974&group=uk.rec.cycling#37974

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Hartlepool dangerous fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after
refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:49:33 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 00:49 UTC

On 20/02/2024 15:32, Simon Mason wrote:

> Hartlepool dangerous fully-unqualified chav-cyclist jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing.
>
> Ezzat, aged 41, was also [further] disqualified from driving [thereby fated to be nothing more than a mere fully-unqualified chav-cyclist for a longer period] at the time of the offences dating back to October 2019.
>
> He has now been jailed for 10 months despite refusing to attend Tuesday’s sentencing hearing at Teesside Crown Court.
>
> Jonathan Harley, prosecuting, described how Ezzat drove away from a police car on Easington Road reaching 60mph in a 30mph zone.

How could do that when he wasn't a driver and was simplhy a mere
fully-unqualified chav-cyclist?

> On Winterbottom Avenue, a pedestrian had to jump out of the way of the defendant and despite travelling at 73mph, the police were unable to close the distance with Ezzat.
>
> He was arrested after a short foot chase after being detained on West View Road.
>
> Mr Harley said: “The speed was significantly in excess of the speed limit. There was a deliberate decision to ignore the rules of the road and showed disregard for others.”
>
> Ezzat, of West View Road, Hartlepool, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified (ie, being nothing more than a mere fully-unqualified chav-cyclist), having no insurance and failure to stop.
>
> Judge Tim Stead also gave him two months prison for failing to answer bail by missing several court appearances.
>
> He said Ezzat had shown a “deliberate wilful refusal” to attend, adding a previous dangerous driving conviction was a further aggravating factor.

Something that one did before an offence was committed and the
subsequent proceedings were instituted cannot be a "aggravating factor".
At least, not in the way that "aggravating" is understood in criminal
proceedings. What previous convictions show is lack of good character.
But what does anyone expect? It's not as though he was a driver. He was
and is nothing more than a mere fully-unqualified chav-cyclist!

Don't expect lawful and considerate behavious from fully-unqualified
chav-cyclists and you won't be disappointed.

> https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/crime/hartlepool-dangerous-driver-jailed-after-refusing-to-attend-teesside-crown-court-sentence-hearing-4526522

Brought it back on topic for you, May Sun, by reminding you of the
official legal status of the defedant: fully-unqualified chav-cyclist.

Re: Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing

<b8be00ff-34d1-4602-bed1-8208d4fe95f9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37978&group=uk.rec.cycling#37978

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:33:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Hartlepool dangerous driver jailed after refusing to attend
Teesside Crown Court sentence hearing
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:33 UTC

QUOTE: On Winterbottom Avenue, a pedestrian had to jump out of the way of the defendant, ENDS

Surely not?
I thought that only happened with cyclists?

QUOTE: reaching 60mph in a 30mph zone.ENDS

Ah, that explains it then!