Going the speed of light is bad for your age.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / "Watch and learn, my fellow motorists": How to safely overtake a cyclist (and get a thank you for it)

SubjectAuthor
o "Watch and learn, my fellow motorists": How to safely overtake a cyclist (and geSimon Mason

1
"Watch and learn, my fellow motorists": How to safely overtake a cyclist (and get a thank you for it)

<3ec32b0b-1862-4529-980f-cf6cb81372f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37982&group=uk.rec.cycling#37982

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 01:43:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Watch and learn, my fellow motorists": How to safely overtake a
cyclist (and get a thank you for it)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:43 UTC

Let's get Wednesday underway with some more footage from PassPixi (link is external), the cyclist behind the range of magnetic warning patches to tell drivers it might be best to be safe, considerate and smile, because you're on camera...

Of course, none of the above would be necessary if everyone out there showed as much competency as this Dinsdale Contracts lorry driver.

"Watch and learn, my fellow motorists… great stuff from this Dinsdale Contracts driver. I got a cheery pip-pip too for slowing up and holding left," PassPixi said

Let's get Wednesday underway with some more footage from PassPixi (link is external), the cyclist behind the range of magnetic warning patches to tell drivers it might be best to be safe, considerate and smile, because you're on camera...

Of course, none of the above would be necessary if everyone out there showed as much competency as this Dinsdale Contracts lorry driver.

"Watch and learn, my fellow motorists… great stuff from this Dinsdale Contracts driver. I got a cheery pip-pip too for slowing up and holding left," PassPixi said.

Refreshing. As was the reaction, a couple of attention-seeking replies aside, everyone getting involved to think about how much safer the roads could be if this was the norm.

Road User 101: "Nice example of why there doesn't need to be so much grief on our roads. Helping large vehicles to pass is easy and rarely time consuming. Passing safely is essential and rarely holds you up much, anyway."

Andy Fallon: "It doesn't take a lot does it? [I've] Done similar, flat road approaching a bend, nothing coming so slowed down so lorry could out, passed and in with no issues. Cost me about five seconds."

Here's another positive one

Worth highlighting the good ones that should set the standard when we get a chance, after all we've got more than enough in the archives at the other end of the scale.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-21-february-2024-306847