The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey. -- Andy Warhol

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation

SubjectAuthor
* Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operationSimon Mason
+- TROLLING POST BY MAY SUN: "Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in BasildonJNugent
`* Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operationSimon Mason
 +- Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operationJNugent
 `- Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operationSimon Mason

1
Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation

<d64e3395-4dda-4d6d-bd8a-bcf124bfc69an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37986&group=uk.rec.cycling#37986

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 04:09:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:09 UTC

NINE vehicles have been seized and two men have been arrested as part of Essex Police efforts to make Basildon’s roads safer.

Officers from the force’s “Roads Policing” team were recently stationed by a roundabout off a main link road into the town to spot any vehicle or driving offences. Drivers were directed into a nearby car park where their details were checked.

More than 60 vehicles were stopped over the course of the day as the Roads Policing team worked alongside members of the Safer Essex Roads Partnership..

A van driver was arrested for the possession of an offensive weapon and the vehicle he was driving was seized after previously being reported as stolen.

Another man was arrested for drug driving, and eight other vehicles were seized for either being uninsured or the driver not having a valid license.

Police Constable Mike Bignell, who led the operation, said: “We want people to be safe on the roads – wearing seatbelts, with licences and insurance. However, there are a small minority who don’t wish to follow the rules.

“Our job is to stop them.”

Officers carried out static road checks as part of Vision Zero, a project which aims to to reduce instances of people being killed or seriously injured on the roads of Essex.

PC Bignell added: “We had officers stationed to spot offences such as people not wearing seatbelts, using mobile phones, and vehicles lacking number plates or having tinted windows.

“The reaction from the people we’ve pulled over today has been very positive, they’re pleased we’re here to keep the roads safe.”

Assistant Chief Constable Rachel Nolan joined the team on the operation.

She said: “Our officers are out on the roads every day of the year tackling criminality and this operation is part of our ongoing work to improve road safety and arrest those breaking the law.

“The people we’ve spoken to today have all taken the advice and been happy with the interaction – even the ones who have committed offences.

“Being visible in communities is absolutely key. The public tell us they like seeing us, they find it reassuring and we appreciate the impact it has.”

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/24133835.drug-driver-arrested-nine-cars-seized-basildon-police-operation/

TROLLING POST BY MAY SUN: "Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation" [No chav-cycling content until corrected - Ed.]

<l3mpmjF1p0iU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37998&group=uk.rec.cycling#37998

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: TROLLING POST BY MAY SUN: "Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:20:19 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:20 UTC

On 21/02/2024 06:09, Simon Mason wrote:

> NINE vehicles have been seized and two men have been arrested as part of Essex Police efforts to make Basildon’s roads safer.
>
> Officers from the force’s “Roads Policing” team were recently stationed by a roundabout off a main link road into the town to spot any vehicle or driving offences. Drivers were directed into a nearby car park where their details were checked.
>
> More than 60 vehicles were stopped over the course of the day as the Roads Policing team worked alongside members of the Safer Essex Roads Partnership.
>
> A van driver was arrested for the possession of an offensive weapon and the vehicle he was driving was seized after previously being reported as stolen.
>
> Another man was arrested for drug driving, and eight other vehicles were seized for either being uninsured or their "driver2" being no more than the merest of totally-unqualified chav-cyclists.
>
> Police Constable Mike Bignell, who led the operation, said: “We want people to be safe on the roads – wearing seatbelts, with licences and insurance. However, there are a small minority who don’t wish to follow the rules.
>
> “Our job is to stop them.”
>
> Officers carried out static road checks as part of Vision Zero, a project which aims to to reduce instances of people being killed or seriously injured on the roads of Essex.
>
> PC Bignell added: “We had officers stationed to spot offences such as people not wearing seatbelts, using mobile phones, and vehicles lacking number plates or having tinted windows.
>
> “The reaction from the people we’ve pulled over today has been very positive, they’re pleased we’re here to keep the roads safe.”
>
> Assistant Chief Constable Rachel Nolan joined the team on the operation.
>
> She said: “Our officers are out on the roads every day of the year tackling criminality and this operation is part of our ongoing work to improve road safety and arrest those breaking the law.
>
> “The people we’ve spoken to today have all taken the advice and been happy with the interaction – even the ones who have committed offences.
>
> “Being visible in communities is absolutely key. The public tell us they like seeing us, they find it reassuring and we appreciate the impact it has.”
>
> https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/24133835.drug-driver-arrested-nine-cars-seized-basildon-police-operation/

Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation

<1279b82d-3e9e-4890-a480-02f3ff13b77bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38005&group=uk.rec.cycling#38005

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:04:52 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:04 UTC

QUOTE: “Being visible in communities is absolutely key. The public tell us they like seeing us, they find it reassuring and we appreciate the impact it has.”ENDS

If these people actually LIKE seeing you, why do so many of them exceed the speed limit, drive through red lights, no entry signs and down one way streets in an effort to get AWAY from you then? Most odd.

Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation

<l3n9eaF4da1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38009&group=uk.rec.cycling#38009

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police
operation
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 15:48:59 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:48 UTC

On 21/02/2024 13:04, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE: “Being visible in communities is absolutely key. The public tell us they like seeing us, they find it reassuring and we appreciate the impact it has.”ENDS
>
> If these people actually LIKE seeing you, why do so many of them exceed the speed limit, drive through red lights, no entry signs and down one way streets in an effort to get AWAY from you then? Most odd.

Only the fully-unqualified chav-cyclists, pretending to be drivers, do
that. They have no licence and no insurance and are usually disqualified
from driving so don't want to be confronted.

Their windscreen wipers probably don't work as well.

Re: Drug driver arrested and nine cars seized in Basildon police operation

<2bf3fc3f-c4c5-4986-a7eb-cfa8c9ba5a24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38012&group=uk.rec.cycling#38012

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 22:57:11 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 06:57 UTC

On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 7:04:54 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
> QUOTE: “Being visible in communities is absolutely key. The public tell us they like seeing us, they find it reassuring and we appreciate the impact it has.”ENDS
>
> If these people actually LIKE seeing you, why do so many of them exceed the speed limit, drive through red lights, no entry signs and down one way streets in an effort to get AWAY from you then? Most odd.

Here's another such idiot for you!

QUOTE: A driver has been reported for motoring offences after allegedly running a red light and continuing at excess speed, all with three kids on board.

Police in an unmarked roads vehicle ordered the driver of the car, pictured, to pull over in Blackburn on Saturday night after it reportedly sped past them, through a red light.

A spokesperson for the police said: "The driver of this vehicle deemed it appropriate to drive through a red light and then at excess speed, while carrying three young children. "What he didn't realise was there was an unmarked roads police vehicle behind him at the time.

"Driver reported accordingly." https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/24063914.driver-reported-running-red-light-kids-board/ ENDS