Now I am depressed ...

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spot

SubjectAuthor
* Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spotSimon Mason
+- OFF-TOPIC GTROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Driver slammed for parking illegally in JNugent
`- Re: Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spotSimon Mason

1
Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spot

<6e5e0427-43de-416a-b313-2abae042a342n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37990&group=uk.rec.cycling#37990

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 05:44:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spot
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:44 UTC

Police have issued a fine after a car was found contravening the white line system on the B6521 Main Road in the Nether Padley area of Grindleford yesterday (February 20).

Officers spotted the vehicle while on patrol as a part of the Road Safety priority programme. Following the incident officers said it is illegal to cross a continuous solid white line if the solid line is on your side of the road, except under certain condition.

The fine for crossing double white lines where the line nearest to you is solid often results in a driving conviction code TS50 – failing to comply with traffic signs (excluding ‘stop’ signs, traffic lights or double white lines) – resulting in three penalty points and a fine.

A spokesperson for Bakewell, Hathersage and White Peak Villages Police SNT added: “Drivers must not stop or park on a road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods. Failing to comply will result in three penalty points and a fine.”

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/transport/driver-slammed-for-parking-illegally-in-popular-peak-district-beauty-spot-4527144

OFF-TOPIC GTROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spot" [No chav-cycling content]

<l3mphkF1p0iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37997&group=uk.rec.cycling#37997

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: OFF-TOPIC GTROLLING POST FROM MAY SUN: "Driver slammed for parking
illegally in popular Peak District beauty spot" [No chav-cycling content]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:17:40 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:17 UTC

On 21/02/2024 07:44, Simon Mason wrote:

> Police have issued a fine after a car was found contravening the white line system on the B6521 Main Road in the Nether Padley area of Grindleford yesterday (February 20).
>
> Officers spotted the vehicle while on patrol as a part of the Road Safety priority programme. Following the incident officers said it is illegal to cross a continuous solid white line if the solid line is on your side of the road, except under certain condition.
>
> The fine for crossing double white lines where the line nearest to you is solid often results in a driving conviction code TS50 – failing to comply with traffic signs (excluding ‘stop’ signs, traffic lights or double white lines) – resulting in three penalty points and a fine.
>
> A spokesperson for Bakewell, Hathersage and White Peak Villages Police SNT added: “Drivers must not stop or park on a road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods. Failing to comply will result in three penalty points and a fine.”
>
> https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/transport/driver-slammed-for-parking-illegally-in-popular-peak-district-beauty-spot-4527144

Is the local magistrates' court now staffed entirely by police officers,
including those on the bench?

As intelligent people know (though not May Sun), only a court can hand
out licence endorsements where an offence is denied or mitigated and the
police have never had powers to fine anyone (and neither should they).

May Sun!

Yes! You!

STOP TROLLING!

Re: Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District beauty spot

<7d8b0367-6adf-4056-a9d0-3f3d428ff423n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38004&group=uk.rec.cycling#38004

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:01:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Driver slammed for parking illegally in popular Peak District
beauty spot
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:01 UTC

QUOTE: “Drivers must not stop or park on a road marked with double white lines, even when a broken white line is on your side of the road, except to pick up or set down passengers, or to load or unload goods. Failing to comply will result in three penalty points and a fine.” ENDS

How do you expect drivers to know that law?
It's as if you expect them to have actually READ the Highway Code!