When the going gets tough, everyone leaves. -- Lynch

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Wrexham man caught drug driving is fined and banned

SubjectAuthor
* Wrexham man caught drug driving is fined and bannedSimon Mason
+- Re: Wrexham CHAV-CYCLIST (that's all he is now) caught drug driving is fined andJNugent
+- Re: Wrexham chav-cyclist caught drug driving is fined and bannedJNugent
`- Re: Wrexham man caught drug driving is fined and bannedSimon Mason

1
Wrexham man caught drug driving is fined and banned

<fc2929a6-19ba-4c67-b65c-aa20c440e2afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37989&group=uk.rec.cycling#37989

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 05:41:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Wrexham man caught drug driving is fined and banned
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:41 UTC

A Wrexham man who was caught behind the wheel whilst over the limit for two illicit substances has lost his licence.

Jack Mason, of Llwyn Onn Park, appeared at Wrexham Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

The 34-year-old admitted two counts of drug driving - one for cannabis and the other for MDMA - as well as one offence of possessing a class B drug, namely cannabis.

Justin Espie, prosecuting, told the court that at around 3am on October 27 last year, CCTV operators saw the defendant and two males sharing a cigarette before getting into a vehicle.

Police found the vehicle and directed it to stop in Hill Street where the driver, Mason, was tested.

He provided a positive roadside reading for drugs and a pouch of cannabis was found in the vehicle.

When he gave an evidential sample, he was found to have no less than 6.8 microgrammes of cannabis per litre of blood, the limit being 2.

And he had more than 75 microgrammes of MDMA per litre of blood - the limit for that substance being 10.

Emma Simoes, defending, said: "He has entered a timely guilty plea and is a man of previous good character.

"Mr Mason fully accepts the offences and doesn't seek to minimise his responsibility.

"He is a man who suffers mental health issues and doesn't go out much.

"He says he takes drugs to assist him in effectively getting through the day."

District Judge Gwyn Jones handed down a fine of £150 for each of the drug drive offences and no separate penalty for possession of the cannabis.

Mason must pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.

He was banned from driving for 20 months.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/24132118.court-wrexham-man-caught-drug-driving-fined-banned/

Re: Wrexham CHAV-CYCLIST (that's all he is now) caught drug driving is fined and banned

<l3mq11F1p0iU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38001&group=uk.rec.cycling#38001

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Wrexham CHAV-CYCLIST (that's all he is now) caught drug driving
is fined and banned
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:25:54 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:25 UTC

On 21/02/2024 07:41, Simon Mason wrote:

> A Wrexham man who was caught behind the wheel whilst over the limit for two illicit substances has lost his licence, thereby being demoted to Chav-Cyclist (third class).
>
> Jack Mason, of Llwyn Onn Park, appeared at Wrexham Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
>
> The 34-year-old admitted two counts of drug driving - one for cannabis and the other for MDMA - as well as one offence of possessing a class B drug, namely cannabis.
>
> Justin Espie, prosecuting, told the court that at around 3am on October 27 last year, CCTV operators saw the defendant and two males sharing a cigarette before getting into a vehicle.
>
> Police found the vehicle and directed it to stop in Hill Street where the driver, Mason, was tested.
>
> He provided a positive roadside reading for drugs and a pouch of cannabis was found in the vehicle.
>
> When he gave an evidential sample, he was found to have no less than 6.8 microgrammes of cannabis per litre of blood, the limit being 2.
>
> And he had more than 75 microgrammes of MDMA per litre of blood - the limit for that substance being 10.
>
> Emma Simoes, defending, said: "He has entered a timely guilty plea and is a man of previous good character.
>
> "Mr Mason fully accepts the offences and doesn't seek to minimise his responsibility.
>
> "He is a man who suffers mental health issues and doesn't go out much.
>
> "He says he takes drugs to assist him in effectively getting through the day."
>
> District Judge Gwyn Jones handed down a fine of £150 for each of the drug drive offences and no separate penalty for possession of the cannabis.
>
> Mason must pay £85 costs and a £60 victim surcharge.
>
> He was banned from driving for 20 months.
>
> https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/24132118.court-wrexham-man-caught-drug-driving-fined-banned/

Re: Wrexham chav-cyclist caught drug driving is fined and banned

<l3mq2cF1p0iU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38002&group=uk.rec.cycling#38002

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Wrexham chav-cyclist caught drug driving is fined and banned
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:26:36 -0600
 by: JNugent - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:26 UTC

On 21/02/2024 07:41, Simon Mason wrote:

> Police found the vehicle and directed it to stop in Hill Street where the driver, Mason, was tested.

Ah...

Re: Wrexham man caught drug driving is fined and banned

<bc5076a0-d22d-4cea-8f09-7bc3987ef8a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38008&group=uk.rec.cycling#38008

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:14:45 -0800 (PST)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:14 UTC

A former police superintendent from Wrexham who assaulted a taxi driver in a row over the route he was being driven home has been fined.

CCTV footage showed Robert Kirman trying to drag Sardesh Hassan from his car in Wrexham in August last year.

Kirman, 47, admitted assault, criminal damage and a public order offence at Flintshire Magistrates' Court and was ordered to pay £1,384.

He quit his role as superintendent for North Wales Police last week.

The court heard Mr Hassan picked up Kirman, who said he had drunk 10 pints of lager, and his partner from Marchwiel, near Wrexham, after a rock concert.

He was forced to drive along country lanes because of a series of road closures.
'Feared kidnap'

The court heard this caused Kirman to become aggressive, telling Mr Hassan he would "smash your face in" and banging on the glass separating the driver and passengers.

Apollo Taxis told Mr Hassan to drive to Wrexham town centre for safety, where Kirman tried to drag him out of the car.

Defending barrister Neil Usher told the court Kirman had become confused and thought he was being taken off route because he was being kidnapped.

District Judge Richard Williams said: "The complainant is entirely blameless and did nothing whatsoever to cause or contribute in way towards what happened to him."

Kirman was fined £733, ordered to pay £366 compensation for the damage and £200 loss of earnings, together with £85 prosecution costs.