It's the Magic that counts. -- Larry Wall on Perl's apparent ugliness

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police

SubjectAuthor
* Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so bad it Simon Mason
+* Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so badBrian
|`- Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so badSpike
`- Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so badJNugent

1
Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police

<ea9e58a3-ecb5-433a-8e77-29d1ba43e853n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38015&group=uk.rec.cycling#38015

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 23:08:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described
'so bad it was dangerous' by police
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 07:08 UTC

The driver of this van had his collar felt by police after they discovered a 'dangerous' amount of rubbish in the footwell.

Empty crisp packets, paper bags from Greggs, tobacco cartons and empty containers from McDonald's were found under the pedals of a van in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.

Patrolling Thames Valley Police officers posted a picture on Twitter and said the driver has been fined and given points on their licence.

Officers said: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous, rubbish under floor pedals."

The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter, the BBC reports .

The post attracted more than 140 comments, and one joked: "But not littering, so there is a silver lining to this messy cloud."

Another added they will "never criticise the state of my wife's car again" while others could not believe their eyes.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/van-driver-fined-shocking-amount-16274035

Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police

<urg87u$222ve$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38047&group=uk.rec.cycling#38047

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in
footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:34:06 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mthzgzsYVKJzg105xUNWt3TZwBE=
 by: Brian - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 20:34 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
> The driver of this van had his collar felt by police after they
> discovered a 'dangerous' amount of rubbish in the footwell.
>
> Empty crisp packets, paper bags from Greggs, tobacco cartons and empty
> containers from McDonald's were found under the pedals of a van in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
>
> Patrolling Thames Valley Police officers posted a picture on Twitter and
> said the driver has been fined and given points on their licence.
>
> Officers said: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous,
> rubbish under floor pedals."
>
> The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter, the BBC reports .
>
> The post attracted more than 140 comments, and one joked: "But not
> littering, so there is a silver lining to this messy cloud."
>
> Another added they will "never criticise the state of my wife's car
> again" while others could not believe their eyes.
>
> https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/van-driver-fined-shocking-amount-16274035

More like they couldn’t get him for anything and invented this.

Surely the police have real crime to deal with: cycling on pavements for
example.

Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police

<l433g7F2vlgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38048&group=uk.rec.cycling#38048

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police
Date: 26 Feb 2024 09:21:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 09:21 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The driver of this van had his collar felt by police after they
>> discovered a 'dangerous' amount of rubbish in the footwell.
>>
>> Empty crisp packets, paper bags from Greggs, tobacco cartons and empty
>> containers from McDonald's were found under the pedals of a van in Marlow,
>> Buckinghamshire.
>>
>> Patrolling Thames Valley Police officers posted a picture on Twitter and
>> said the driver has been fined and given points on their licence.
>>
>> Officers said: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous,
>> rubbish under floor pedals."
>>
>> The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter, the BBC reports .
>>
>> The post attracted more than 140 comments, and one joked: "But not
>> littering, so there is a silver lining to this messy cloud."
>>
>> Another added they will "never criticise the state of my wife's car
>> again" while others could not believe their eyes.
>>
>> https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/van-driver-fined-shocking-amount-16274035
>>

> More like they couldn’t get him for anything and invented this.

> Surely the police have real crime to deal with: cycling on pavements for
> example.

Perhaps the van driver should have done what cyclists do with their
gel-packs, water bottles, and banana skins, and just thrown the rubbish
away while travelling along. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander,
after all…or is it a case of ‘do as we say, not as we do’? Cyclists, eh?

--
Spike

Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police

<l463cuFh17cU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38057&group=uk.rec.cycling#38057

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Van driver fined for shocking amount of litter in footwell
described 'so bad it was dangerous' by police
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:37:50 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:37 UTC

On 22/02/2024 07:08 am, Simon Mason wrote:

> The driver of this van had his collar felt by police after they discovered a 'dangerous' amount of rubbish in the footwell.

But not for anything to do with the untidiness in the vehicle (see below
- and importantly - UNDERSTAND what you read).

> Empty crisp packets, paper bags from Greggs, tobacco cartons and empty containers from McDonald's were found under the pedals of a van in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
>
> Patrolling Thames Valley Police officers posted a picture on Twitter and said the driver has been fined and given points on their licence.
>
> Officers said: "A tidy cab=a tidy mind. This was so bad it was dangerous, rubbish under floor pedals."
>
> The driver was arrested for an unconnected matter, the BBC reports .

That's the bit.