From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Four-way stop last night... who failed to stop?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:56:31 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 20:56 UTC

Yesterday evening, I approached an all-way (4-way) stop intersection.

There was a car approaching in the opposite direction.

There was a chav on a chav-bike approaching from my left. I got to my
stop line before either of the other two. I stopped, than carried on
(straight on).

Who of the other two DIDN'T stop at his stop line?

Re: Four-way stop last night... who failed to stop?

<l3279kFavk1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37815&group=uk.rec.cycling#37815

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Four-way stop last night... who failed to stop?
Date: 13 Feb 2024 22:03:32 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 22:03 UTC

JNugent <jennings&co@mail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday evening, I approached an all-way (4-way) stop intersection.
> There was a car approaching in the opposite direction.

> There was a chav on a chav-bike approaching from my left. I got to my
> stop line before either of the other two. I stopped, than carried on
> (straight on).

> Who of the other two DIDN'T stop at his stop line?

erm…er…ask me one on sport…

--
Spike

Re: Four-way stop last night... who failed to stop?

<l3285jFb3n0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=37816&group=uk.rec.cycling#37816

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:18:50 -0600
 by: JNugent - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 22:18 UTC

On 13/02/2024 16:03, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jennings&co@mail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday evening, I approached an all-way (4-way) stop intersection.
>> There was a car approaching in the opposite direction.
>
>> There was a chav on a chav-bike approaching from my left. I got to my
>> stop line before either of the other two. I stopped, than carried on
>> (straight on).
>
>> Who of the other two DIDN'T stop at his stop line?
>
> erm…er…ask me one on sport…

:-)

Re: Four-way stop last night... who failed to stop?

<l3q316FkntkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38026&group=uk.rec.cycling#38026

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:17:58 -0600
 by: JNugent - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:17 UTC

On 13/02/2024 16:18, JNugent wrote:

> On 13/02/2024 16:03, Spike wrote:
>> JNugent <jennings&co@mail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yesterday evening, I approached an all-way (4-way) stop intersection.
>>> There was a car approaching in the opposite direction.
>>
>>> There was a chav on a chav-bike approaching from my left. I got to my
>>> stop line before either of the other two. I stopped, than carried on
>>> (straight on).
>>
>>> Who of the other two DIDN'T stop at his stop line?
>>
>> erm…er…ask me one on sport…
>
> :-)

Same spot, br ight sunshine, nine days later.

Guess what class of road user didn't stop at "stop" and didn't even show
any signs of having seen either the road signage or any other traffic?

Re: Four-way stop last night... who failed to stop?

<l3r5svFpnt1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38027&group=uk.rec.cycling#38027

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 23 Feb 2024 09:13:03 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 09:13 UTC

JNugent <jennings&co@mail.com> wrote:
> On 13/02/2024 16:18, JNugent wrote:

>>> erm…er…ask me one on sport…

>> :-)

> Same spot, bright sunshine, nine days later.

> Guess what class of road user didn't stop at "stop" and didn't even show
> any signs of having seen either the road signage or any other traffic?

Goodness…you pose the most difficult of questions!

--
Spike