From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: [Cycling] Dog bites cyclist in ‘private
parts’
Date: 26 Feb 2024 13:47:49 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 13:47 UTC

Pro cyclist misses opening classics due to “quite extensive damage to
private parts” following dog attack

“The pain has become somewhat bearable,” says Q36.5 rider Frederik Frison,
who required surgery after being bitten by an acquaintance’s family pet
by RYAN MALLON
SUN, FEB 25, 2024 20:18

[…]

However, on Friday Q36.5 Pro Cycling announced that the 31-year-old would
miss Opening Weekend after sustaining an “injury in an unfortunate incident
with a dog while collecting his daughter earlier this week”.

“He is currently receiving the required medical treatment, and we are
optimistic about his recovery,” the team continued. “Our thoughts are with
Frederik and his family during this time… [We] look forward to seeing him
back in action in the coming weeks.”

Speaking to Het Nieuwsblad (link is external), Frison expanded on the
incident, which took place on Wednesday, and confirmed that he received
surgery later that evening.

“I was visiting acquaintances in the late afternoon when it happened,” he
told the Belgian newspaper.

“The moment I walked in, I was suddenly attacked by the family dog, a
Weimaraner, with painful consequences. After all, the dog bit me in the
private parts. And without going into detail: the damage is quite
extensive.

“The hand is also sewn in two places. That’s because I wanted to defend
myself and tried to push the dog away. Since [yesterday] the pain has
become somewhat bearable. Although sitting and standing up is still
painful.”

“I had surgery straight away on Wednesday evening,” Frison continued.
“Would you please mention urologist Philip Den Hollander of the Sint-Dimpna
Hospital in Geel, because I owe a lot to his good care. He guided me very
well through the operation process. And now during recovery.

“He knows that a cyclist has to sit on a saddle for a long time and
therefore a full recovery is very important. The fact that he immediately
took care of me can only contribute to this.”

[…]

[Full, gripping story at the link below]

<https://road.cc/content/news/pro-cyclist-suffers-extensive-damage-dog-attack-306949>

--
Spike

Re: [Cycling] Dog bites cyclist in ‘private parts’

<l4639uFh17cU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38056&group=uk.rec.cycling#38056

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_[Cycling]_Dog_bites_cyclist_in_‘private
parts’
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:36:14 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:36 UTC

On 26/02/2024 01:47 pm, Spike wrote:

> Pro cyclist misses opening classics due to “quite extensive damage to
> private parts” following dog attack
>
> “The pain has become somewhat bearable,” says Q36.5 rider Frederik Frison,
> who required surgery after being bitten by an acquaintance’s family pet
> by RYAN MALLON
> SUN, FEB 25, 2024 20:18
>
> […]
>
> However, on Friday Q36.5 Pro Cycling announced that the 31-year-old would
> miss Opening Weekend after sustaining an “injury in an unfortunate incident
> with a dog while collecting his daughter earlier this week”.
>
> “He is currently receiving the required medical treatment, and we are
> optimistic about his recovery,” the team continued. “Our thoughts are with
> Frederik and his family during this time… [We] look forward to seeing him
> back in action in the coming weeks.”
>
> Speaking to Het Nieuwsblad (link is external), Frison expanded on the
> incident, which took place on Wednesday, and confirmed that he received
> surgery later that evening.
>
> “I was visiting acquaintances in the late afternoon when it happened,” he
> told the Belgian newspaper.
>
> “The moment I walked in, I was suddenly attacked by the family dog, a
> Weimaraner, with painful consequences. After all, the dog bit me in the
> private parts. And without going into detail: the damage is quite
> extensive.
>
> “The hand is also sewn in two places. That’s because I wanted to defend
> myself and tried to push the dog away. Since [yesterday] the pain has
> become somewhat bearable. Although sitting and standing up is still
> painful.”
>
> “I had surgery straight away on Wednesday evening,” Frison continued.
> “Would you please mention urologist Philip Den Hollander of the Sint-Dimpna
> Hospital in Geel, because I owe a lot to his good care. He guided me very
> well through the operation process. And now during recovery.
>
> “He knows that a cyclist has to sit on a saddle for a long time and
> therefore a full recovery is very important. The fact that he immediately
> took care of me can only contribute to this.”
>
> […]
>
> [Full, gripping story at the link below]
>
> <https://road.cc/content/news/pro-cyclist-suffers-extensive-damage-dog-attack-306949>

It is often said that dogs are very good judges of character.

:-)

Re: [Cycling] Dog bites cyclist in ‘private parts’

<l46rc2FklkgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38058&group=uk.rec.cycling#38058

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: [Cycling] Dog bites cyclist in
‘private parts’
Date: 27 Feb 2024 19:26:58 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:26 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> On 26/02/2024 01:47 pm, Spike wrote:
>>
>> Pro cyclist misses opening classics due to “quite extensive damage to
>> private parts” following dog attack
>>
>> “The pain has become somewhat bearable,” says Q36.5 rider Frederik Frison,
>> who required surgery after being bitten by an acquaintance’s family pet
>> by RYAN MALLON
>> SUN, FEB 25, 2024 20:18
>>
>> […]
>>
>> However, on Friday Q36.5 Pro Cycling announced that the 31-year-old would
>> miss Opening Weekend after sustaining an “injury in an unfortunate incident
>> with a dog while collecting his daughter earlier this week”.
>>
>> “He is currently receiving the required medical treatment, and we are
>> optimistic about his recovery,” the team continued. “Our thoughts are with
>> Frederik and his family during this time… [We] look forward to seeing him
>> back in action in the coming weeks.”
>>
>> Speaking to Het Nieuwsblad (link is external), Frison expanded on the
>> incident, which took place on Wednesday, and confirmed that he received
>> surgery later that evening.
>>
>> “I was visiting acquaintances in the late afternoon when it happened,” he
>> told the Belgian newspaper.
>>
>> “The moment I walked in, I was suddenly attacked by the family dog, a
>> Weimaraner, with painful consequences. After all, the dog bit me in the
>> private parts. And without going into detail: the damage is quite
>> extensive.
>>
>> “The hand is also sewn in two places. That’s because I wanted to defend
>> myself and tried to push the dog away. Since [yesterday] the pain has
>> become somewhat bearable. Although sitting and standing up is still
>> painful.”
>>
>> “I had surgery straight away on Wednesday evening,” Frison continued.
>> “Would you please mention urologist Philip Den Hollander of the Sint-Dimpna
>> Hospital in Geel, because I owe a lot to his good care. He guided me very
>> well through the operation process. And now during recovery.
>>
>> “He knows that a cyclist has to sit on a saddle for a long time and
>> therefore a full recovery is very important. The fact that he immediately
>> took care of me can only contribute to this.”
>>
>> […]
>>
>> [Full, gripping story at the link below]
>>
>> <https://road.cc/content/news/pro-cyclist-suffers-extensive-damage-dog-attack-306949>
>
> It is often said that dogs are very good judges of character.
>
> :-)

:-))

--
Spike

Re: [Cycling] Dog bites cyclist in ‘private parts’

<l48gd2Fs8ciU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38062&group=uk.rec.cycling#38062

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
parts’
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:32:02 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:32 UTC

On 27/02/2024 07:26 pm, Spike wrote:
> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 26/02/2024 01:47 pm, Spike wrote:
>>>
>>> Pro cyclist misses opening classics due to “quite extensive damage to
>>> private parts” following dog attack
>>>
>>> “The pain has become somewhat bearable,” says Q36.5 rider Frederik Frison,
>>> who required surgery after being bitten by an acquaintance’s family pet
>>> by RYAN MALLON
>>> SUN, FEB 25, 2024 20:18
>>>
>>> […]
>>>
>>> However, on Friday Q36.5 Pro Cycling announced that the 31-year-old would
>>> miss Opening Weekend after sustaining an “injury in an unfortunate incident
>>> with a dog while collecting his daughter earlier this week”.
>>>
>>> “He is currently receiving the required medical treatment, and we are
>>> optimistic about his recovery,” the team continued. “Our thoughts are with
>>> Frederik and his family during this time… [We] look forward to seeing him
>>> back in action in the coming weeks.”
>>>
>>> Speaking to Het Nieuwsblad (link is external), Frison expanded on the
>>> incident, which took place on Wednesday, and confirmed that he received
>>> surgery later that evening.
>>>
>>> “I was visiting acquaintances in the late afternoon when it happened,” he
>>> told the Belgian newspaper.
>>>
>>> “The moment I walked in, I was suddenly attacked by the family dog, a
>>> Weimaraner, with painful consequences. After all, the dog bit me in the
>>> private parts. And without going into detail: the damage is quite
>>> extensive.
>>>
>>> “The hand is also sewn in two places. That’s because I wanted to defend
>>> myself and tried to push the dog away. Since [yesterday] the pain has
>>> become somewhat bearable. Although sitting and standing up is still
>>> painful.”
>>>
>>> “I had surgery straight away on Wednesday evening,” Frison continued.
>>> “Would you please mention urologist Philip Den Hollander of the Sint-Dimpna
>>> Hospital in Geel, because I owe a lot to his good care. He guided me very
>>> well through the operation process. And now during recovery.
>>>
>>> “He knows that a cyclist has to sit on a saddle for a long time and
>>> therefore a full recovery is very important. The fact that he immediately
>>> took care of me can only contribute to this.”
>>>
>>> […]
>>>
>>> [Full, gripping story at the link below]
>>>
>>> <https://road.cc/content/news/pro-cyclist-suffers-extensive-damage-dog-attack-306949>
>>
>> It is often said that dogs are very good judges of character.
>>
>> :-)
>
> :-))

It's true!

<https://wagwalking.com/sense/can-dogs-tell-a-persons-character>

Re: [Cycling] Dog bites cyclist in ‘private parts’

<l48o4cFteloU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38064&group=uk.rec.cycling#38064

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
‘private parts’
Date: 28 Feb 2024 12:43:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 12:43 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> On 27/02/2024 07:26 pm, Spike wrote:
>> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:

>>> It is often said that dogs are very good judges of character.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>
>> :-))
>
> It's true!
>
> <https://wagwalking.com/sense/can-dogs-tell-a-persons-character>