Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt. -- Herbert Hoover

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

SubjectAuthor
* The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against convictionJNugent
+* Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against convictionSpike
|`- Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against convictionJNugent
`* Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against convictionBrian
 `* Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against convictionJNugent
  `- Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against convictionSpike

1
The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

<l5tk19F34efU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38116&group=uk.rec.cycling#38116

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:59:05 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:59 UTC

....and about time too.

It is appalling that this lady is still inside a prison.

<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68606255>

QUOTE:
A pedestrian whose actions [allegedly - Ed.] killed a 77-year-old
cyclist who was riding on the pavement is to appeal her manslaughter
conviction.

Auriol Grey, 50, shouted an expletive and gestured aggressively towards
Celia Ward, who then fell in front of a car, in Cambridgeshire in 2020.

Grey, of Bradbury Place, Huntingdon, was jailed for three years in 2023.

Court of Appeal judges gave the go-ahead for her to appeal her
conviction at a hearing in London earlier.
ENDQUOTE

The report also mentions the possibility of bail.

This is an important case. It deals with the rights of victims
(pedestrians on footways threatened by chav-cyclists) as opposed to
those of perpetrators (chav-cyclists on footways).

Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

<l5tkj8F36t6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38117&group=uk.rec.cycling#38117

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 19 Mar 2024 14:08:40 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 14:08 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> ...and about time too.
>
> It is appalling that this lady is still inside a prison.

Hear, hear. This whole thing was a disgrace from start to finish, and
tarnished the concept of justice.

Hopefully this will lead to clarity for cyclists regarding cycling
illegally on footways, and also for their duty of care to the most
vulnerable of road users (which despite all the song and dance, isn’t
cyclists).

If there’s any kind of crowdfunding to raise funds to help Auriol get back
on her feet, I’m in.

--
Spike

Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

<l5u1tkF57khU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38118&group=uk.rec.cycling#38118

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:56:04 +0000
 by: JNugent - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:56 UTC

On 19/03/2024 02:08 pm, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:

>> ...and about time too.
>> It is appalling that this lady is still inside a prison.
>
> Hear, hear. This whole thing was a disgrace from start to finish, and
> tarnished the concept of justice.
>
> Hopefully this will lead to clarity for cyclists regarding cycling
> illegally on footways, and also for their duty of care to the most
> vulnerable of road users (which despite all the song and dance, isn’t
> cyclists).
>
> If there’s any kind of crowdfunding to raise funds to help Auriol get back
> on her feet, I’m in.

Good idea.

>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68606255>
>>
>> QUOTE:
>> A pedestrian whose actions [allegedly - Ed.] killed a 77-year-old
>> cyclist who was riding on the pavement is to appeal her manslaughter
>> conviction.
>
>> Auriol Grey, 50, shouted an expletive and gestured aggressively towards
>> Celia Ward, who then fell in front of a car, in Cambridgeshire in 2020.
>
>> Grey, of Bradbury Place, Huntingdon, was jailed for three years in 2023.
>
>> Court of Appeal judges gave the go-ahead for her to appeal her
>> conviction at a hearing in London earlier.
>> ENDQUOTE
>
>> The report also mentions the possibility of bail.
>
>> This is an important case. It deals with the rights of victims
>> (pedestrians on footways threatened by chav-cyclists) as opposed to
>> those of perpetrators (chav-cyclists on footways).

Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

<uthfd6$28gbv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38120&group=uk.rec.cycling#38120

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:15:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:TI52+7TKCVWrwhGXW11IL2u+Fz8=
 by: Brian - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:15 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> ...and about time too.
>
> It is appalling that this lady is still inside a prison.
>
> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68606255>
>
> QUOTE:
> A pedestrian whose actions [allegedly - Ed.] killed a 77-year-old
> cyclist who was riding on the pavement is to appeal her manslaughter
> conviction.
>
> Auriol Grey, 50, shouted an expletive and gestured aggressively towards
> Celia Ward, who then fell in front of a car, in Cambridgeshire in 2020.
>
> Grey, of Bradbury Place, Huntingdon, was jailed for three years in 2023.
>
> Court of Appeal judges gave the go-ahead for her to appeal her
> conviction at a hearing in London earlier.
> ENDQUOTE
>
> The report also mentions the possibility of bail.
>
> This is an important case. It deals with the rights of victims
> (pedestrians on footways threatened by chav-cyclists) as opposed to
> those of perpetrators (chav-cyclists on footways).

Miss Grey should never have been charged.

The only person responsible for the death of the cyclist was the cyclist.
She was riding on a pedestrian only pavement, lost control of her bike, and
fell under a car.

Those involved in the prosecution of Miss Ward should be held personally to
account, forced to pay substantial damages, and jailed for the same time as
she has been.

Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

<l62vhcFs9svU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38121&group=uk.rec.cycling#38121

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:46:05 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 14:46 UTC

On 21/03/2024 02:15 pm, Brian wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:

>> ...and about time too.
>> It is appalling that this lady is still inside a prison.
>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68606255>
>
>> QUOTE:
>> A pedestrian whose actions [allegedly - Ed.] killed a 77-year-old
>> cyclist who was riding on the pavement is to appeal her manslaughter
>> conviction.
>> Auriol Grey, 50, shouted an expletive and gestured aggressively towards
>> Celia Ward, who then fell in front of a car, in Cambridgeshire in 2020.
>> Grey, of Bradbury Place, Huntingdon, was jailed for three years in 2023.
>> Court of Appeal judges gave the go-ahead for her to appeal her
>> conviction at a hearing in London earlier.
>> ENDQUOTE
>
>> The report also mentions the possibility of bail.
>> This is an important case. It deals with the rights of victims
>> (pedestrians on footways threatened by chav-cyclists) as opposed to
>> those of perpetrators (chav-cyclists on footways).
>
> Miss Grey should never have been charged.
>
> The only person responsible for the death of the cyclist was the cyclist.
> She was riding on a pedestrian only pavement, lost control of her bike, and
> fell under a car.
>
> Those involved in the prosecution of Miss Ward should be held personally to
> account, forced to pay substantial damages, and jailed for the same time as
> she has been.

To the extent that they did all of that as part of the ongoing cold war
on behalf of chav-cyclists against pedestrians and drivers, I fully agree.

Re: The Auriol Grey case... cleared for appeal against conviction

<l638e5FtlopU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38122&group=uk.rec.cycling#38122

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 Mar 2024 17:17:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 21 Mar 2024 17:17 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> On 21/03/2024 02:15 pm, Brian wrote:
>
>> JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
>
>>> ...and about time too.
>>> It is appalling that this lady is still inside a prison.
>>> <https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68606255>
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> A pedestrian whose actions [allegedly - Ed.] killed a 77-year-old
>>> cyclist who was riding on the pavement is to appeal her manslaughter
>>> conviction.
>>> Auriol Grey, 50, shouted an expletive and gestured aggressively towards
>>> Celia Ward, who then fell in front of a car, in Cambridgeshire in 2020.
>>> Grey, of Bradbury Place, Huntingdon, was jailed for three years in 2023.
>>> Court of Appeal judges gave the go-ahead for her to appeal her
>>> conviction at a hearing in London earlier.
>>> ENDQUOTE
>>
>>> The report also mentions the possibility of bail.
>>> This is an important case. It deals with the rights of victims
>>> (pedestrians on footways threatened by chav-cyclists) as opposed to
>>> those of perpetrators (chav-cyclists on footways).
>>
>> Miss Grey should never have been charged.
>>
>> The only person responsible for the death of the cyclist was the cyclist.
>> She was riding on a pedestrian only pavement, lost control of her bike, and
>> fell under a car.
>>
>> Those involved in the prosecution of Miss Ward should be held personally to
>> account, forced to pay substantial damages, and jailed for the same time as
>> she has been.
>
> To the extent that they did all of that as part of the ongoing cold war
> on behalf of chav-cyclists against pedestrians and drivers, I fully agree.

Hear, hear.

--
Spike