From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Avoid Bristol on Easter Sunday pm
Date: 28 Mar 2024 10:18:36 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 10:18 UTC

Thousands expected at bumper bank holiday Drum & Bass On The Bike ride in
Bristol

Remember the scenes the last time Dom Whiting took his Drum & Bass On The
Bike ride to Bristol?

Drum and Bass on the Bike (Image credit: Hamish Belding/Twitter)

Inset: Cyclists take over Bristol for "mind-blowing" Drum & Bass On The
Bike

Thousands of cyclists are expected to take part in Dom's latest event,
starting at the Lloyds Amphitheatre by the harbourside at 2pm on Sunday
before following a similar route to previous events, up to Brandon Hill,
Park Street, the Bearpit, Stokes Croft, Cabot Circus, Castle Park and
finishing back by the harbourside.

Jack spoke to Dom ahead of his London event last summer, the DJ telling
road.cc it all started during lockdown due to "pure boredom".

"The whole thing was a complete accident in that I didn't expect it to
evolve the way it has. This has just become something amazing really, and I
think the power of it has kind of overtaken any thoughts of an end goal."

Drum and Bass on the Bike Bristol (Dom Whiting)

Speaking about his last Bristol event, Dom said it had been especially
"memorable".

"Everyone was getting involved, even the cars. That old stigma of cars vs
bikes, it was totally non-existent because everyone's involved," he said.

We sent Simon to the London ride to get the first-hand raving experience...

Inset: Joining Dom Whiting for a Drum & Bass On The Bike ride – a glorious
afternoon in every sense

<https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-march-2024-307537#live-blog-item-56363>

--
Spike

Re: Avoid Bristol on Easter Sunday pm

<l6lc35Fnuj7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38134&group=uk.rec.cycling#38134

From: jnugent97@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Avoid Bristol on Easter Sunday pm
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:10:45 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:10 UTC

On 28/03/2024 10:18 am, Spike wrote:

> Thousands expected at bumper bank holiday Drum & Bass On The Bike ride in
> Bristol
>
> Remember the scenes the last time Dom Whiting took his Drum & Bass On The
> Bike ride to Bristol?
>
> Drum and Bass on the Bike (Image credit: Hamish Belding/Twitter)
>
> Inset: Cyclists take over Bristol for "mind-blowing" Drum & Bass On The
> Bike
>
> Thousands of cyclists are expected to take part in Dom's latest event,
> starting at the Lloyds Amphitheatre by the harbourside at 2pm on Sunday
> before following a similar route to previous events, up to Brandon Hill,
> Park Street, the Bearpit, Stokes Croft, Cabot Circus, Castle Park and
> finishing back by the harbourside.
>
> Jack spoke to Dom ahead of his London event last summer, the DJ telling
> road.cc it all started during lockdown due to "pure boredom".
>
> "The whole thing was a complete accident in that I didn't expect it to
> evolve the way it has. This has just become something amazing really, and I
> think the power of it has kind of overtaken any thoughts of an end goal."
>
> Drum and Bass on the Bike Bristol (Dom Whiting)
>
> Speaking about his last Bristol event, Dom said it had been especially
> "memorable".
>
> "Everyone was getting involved, even the cars. That old stigma of cars vs
> bikes, it was totally non-existent because everyone's involved," he said.
>
> We sent Simon to the London ride to get the first-hand raving experience...
>
> Inset: Joining Dom Whiting for a Drum & Bass On The Bike ride – a glorious
> afternoon in every sense
>
> <https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-march-2024-307537#live-blog-item-56363>

From my own experience, cars (or, rather, their drivers) are actually
the principal offenders against acoustic space privacy with
"drum'n'bass" emanations.

It should be an endorsable offence - "driving without due consideration
for other road users and nearby residents".

Six points (at least).

Re: Avoid Bristol on Easter Sunday pm

<l6m89bFs1s2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38135&group=uk.rec.cycling#38135

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 28 Mar 2024 22:11:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:11 UTC

JNugent <jnugent97@mail.com> wrote:
> On 28/03/2024 10:18 am, Spike wrote:
>>
>> Thousands expected at bumper bank holiday Drum & Bass On The Bike ride in
>> Bristol
>>
>> Remember the scenes the last time Dom Whiting took his Drum & Bass On The
>> Bike ride to Bristol?
>>
>> Drum and Bass on the Bike (Image credit: Hamish Belding/Twitter)
>>
>> Inset: Cyclists take over Bristol for "mind-blowing" Drum & Bass On The
>> Bike
>>
>> Thousands of cyclists are expected to take part in Dom's latest event,
>> starting at the Lloyds Amphitheatre by the harbourside at 2pm on Sunday
>> before following a similar route to previous events, up to Brandon Hill,
>> Park Street, the Bearpit, Stokes Croft, Cabot Circus, Castle Park and
>> finishing back by the harbourside.
>>
>> Jack spoke to Dom ahead of his London event last summer, the DJ telling
>> road.cc it all started during lockdown due to "pure boredom".
>>
>> "The whole thing was a complete accident in that I didn't expect it to
>> evolve the way it has. This has just become something amazing really, and I
>> think the power of it has kind of overtaken any thoughts of an end goal."
>>
>> Drum and Bass on the Bike Bristol (Dom Whiting)
>>
>> Speaking about his last Bristol event, Dom said it had been especially
>> "memorable".
>>
>> "Everyone was getting involved, even the cars. That old stigma of cars vs
>> bikes, it was totally non-existent because everyone's involved," he said.
>>
>> We sent Simon to the London ride to get the first-hand raving experience...
>>
>> Inset: Joining Dom Whiting for a Drum & Bass On The Bike ride – a glorious
>> afternoon in every sense
>>
>> <https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-28-march-2024-307537#live-blog-item-56363>
>
> From my own experience, cars (or, rather, their drivers) are actually
> the principal offenders against acoustic space privacy with
> "drum'n'bass" emanations.

> It should be an endorsable offence - "driving without due consideration
> for other road users and nearby residents".

> Six points (at least).

And ‘nil points’ for the music (sic)…

--
Spike