From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Cyclist…seagull…sh*t…Super!
Date: 24 Apr 2024 08:21:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:21 UTC

[To see the seagull sh*t you need to use slo-mo, just before the target
looks down to see what happened]

23 April 2024, 08:56

Those pesky anti-cycling seagulls are at it again…
We’ve got a rather niche edition of ‘Why don’t cyclists use the cycle
lanes?’ this morning – because, as poor Dublin-based cyclist Kevin found
out to his cost yesterday, a notorious band of anti-cycling seagulls appear
to be targeting the city’s painted bike lanes with clinical precision…

What a shot. And what an advert for the Insta360, if we’re honest. I’ve
already watched that clip ten times.

Though in all seriousness, if this trend of anti-cycling seagulls (they
must be spending too much time on Twitter, even with the bird logo
disappearing) makes it across the Irish Sea, it’ll be very interesting to
see what side former Worcester MP Alan Amos – who last month called for a
clampdown on “dangerous and selfish” cyclists and “vicious” gulls in the
town centre – takes…

Now that’s the culture war we’ve all been waiting for.

<https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-23-april-2024-307973#live-blog-item-57109>

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist…seagull…sh*t…Super!

<l8sauuFh1tpU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38205&group=uk.rec.cycling#38205

From: JNugent73@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist…seagull…sh*t…Super!
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 13:06:54 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:06 UTC

On 24/04/2024 09:21 am, Spike wrote:

> [To see the seagull sh*t you need to use slo-mo, just before the target
> looks down to see what happened]
>
> 23 April 2024, 08:56
>
> Those pesky anti-cycling seagulls are at it again…
> We’ve got a rather niche edition of ‘Why don’t cyclists use the cycle
> lanes?’ this morning – because, as poor Dublin-based cyclist Kevin found
> out to his cost yesterday, a notorious band of anti-cycling seagulls appear
> to be targeting the city’s painted bike lanes with clinical precision…
>
> What a shot. And what an advert for the Insta360, if we’re honest. I’ve
> already watched that clip ten times.
>
> Though in all seriousness, if this trend of anti-cycling seagulls (they
> must be spending too much time on Twitter, even with the bird logo
> disappearing) makes it across the Irish Sea, it’ll be very interesting to
> see what side former Worcester MP Alan Amos – who last month called for a
> clampdown on “dangerous and selfish” cyclists and “vicious” gulls in the
> town centre – takes…
>
> Now that’s the culture war we’ve all been waiting for.
>
> <https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-23-april-2024-307973#live-blog-item-57109>

Seagulls in Worcester?

It's a long way inland.

Re: Cyclist…seagull…sh*t…Super!

<l8sosoFj4knU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=38206&group=uk.rec.cycling#38206

From: aero.spike@mail.com (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 Apr 2024 16:04:40 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:04 UTC

JNugent <JNugent73@mail.com> wrote:
> On 24/04/2024 09:21 am, Spike wrote:
>>
>> [To see the seagull sh*t you need to use slo-mo, just before the target
>> looks down to see what happened]
>>
>> 23 April 2024, 08:56
>>
>> Those pesky anti-cycling seagulls are at it again…
>> We’ve got a rather niche edition of ‘Why don’t cyclists use the cycle
>> lanes?’ this morning – because, as poor Dublin-based cyclist Kevin found
>> out to his cost yesterday, a notorious band of anti-cycling seagulls appear
>> to be targeting the city’s painted bike lanes with clinical precision…
>>
>> What a shot. And what an advert for the Insta360, if we’re honest. I’ve
>> already watched that clip ten times.
>>
>> Though in all seriousness, if this trend of anti-cycling seagulls (they
>> must be spending too much time on Twitter, even with the bird logo
>> disappearing) makes it across the Irish Sea, it’ll be very interesting to
>> see what side former Worcester MP Alan Amos – who last month called for a
>> clampdown on “dangerous and selfish” cyclists and “vicious” gulls in the
>> town centre – takes…
>>
>> Now that’s the culture war we’ve all been waiting for.
>>
>> <https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-23-april-2024-307973#live-blog-item-57109>
>
> Seagulls in Worcester?
>
> It's a long way inland.

<https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1783156/seagulls-Worcester-divebombing-birds>