From: meow@pussie.com (Mighty Mouse)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.computers
Subject: Re: jonz
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:08:30 +1100
 by: Mighty Mouse - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 02:08 UTC

Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>> On 26/11/2023 2:53 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>> I often get 'article not found' on your posts, as I have on the two you
>>> posted today. I guess it's because news.individual.net doesn't carry
>>> them, but that doesn't explain why some appear. ??
>> I know Eternal.September has been playing up for some time, and I know
>> that I don't see all the posts that go on here, but no idea if that's
>> what's affecting you.
> Various newsgroups have been getting flooded with thousands of spam
> messages posted with Google Groups, which is what Jonz uses.
> Eternal September, among others, are running spam filters that
> are likely to be extra suspicious of any GG posts. Individual.net
> is likely also doing that and hence some posts from Jonz are
> probably being deleted as spam by mistake.
>
> Ausics is now just blocking all Google Groups posts, hence the
> note in my sig.

thanks for that! jonz.. why don't you use a commercial newsreader? they
don't cost much.

https://news.individual.net/overview.php

10 euro a year

--
Have a nice day!..

Re: jonz

<pq58mi1md5qvj159lb7tl44slnf6dkqdh4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3849&group=aus.computers#3849

From: petzlx@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.computers
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:21:33 +1100
 by: Petzl - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 04:21 UTC

On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:08:30 +1100, Mighty Mouse <meow@pussie.com>
wrote:

>Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>> Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>>> I know Eternal.September has been playing up for some time, and I know
>>> that I don't see all the posts that go on here, but no idea if that's
>>> what's affecting you.
>> Various newsgroups have been getting flooded with thousands of spam
>> messages posted with Google Groups, which is what Jonz uses.
>> Eternal September, among others, are running spam filters that
>> are likely to be extra suspicious of any GG posts. Individual.net
>> is likely also doing that and hence some posts from Jonz are
>> probably being deleted as spam by mistake.
>>
>> Ausics is now just blocking all Google Groups posts, hence the
>> note in my sig.
>>

>thanks for that! jonz.. why don't you use a commercial newsreader? they
>don't cost much.
>
>https://news.individual.net/overview.php
>
>10 euro a year

I use Individual.net. not recently seeing jonz. or even me. when I
post on "Google Groups", Google does not seem interested is dealing
with idiot obvious flooding. Like the nut "corella".
A "White list" needs creating to override a/the black one.
--
Petzl
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;

Re: jonz

<ul31fm$2d2rh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3894&group=aus.computers#3894

From: not-here@over-there.org (jonz)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 11:41:24 +1100
 by: jonz - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 00:41 UTC

On 27/11/2023 3:21 pm, Petzl wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2023 13:08:30 +1100, Mighty Mouse <meow@pussie.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
>>> Various newsgroups have been getting flooded with thousands of spam
>>> messages posted with Google Groups, which is what Jonz uses.
>>> Eternal September, among others, are running spam filters that
>>> are likely to be extra suspicious of any GG posts. Individual.net
>>> is likely also doing that and hence some posts from Jonz are
>>> probably being deleted as spam by mistake.
>>>
>>> Ausics is now just blocking all Google Groups posts, hence the
>>> note in my sig.
>>>

>> thanks for that! jonz.. why don't you use a commercial newsreader? they
>> don't cost much.
>>
>> https://news.individual.net/overview.php
>>
>> 10 euro a year
>>
> I use Individual.net. not recently seeing jonz. or even me. when I
> post on "Google Groups", Google does not seem interested is dealing
> with idiot obvious flooding. Like the nut "corella".
> A "White list" needs creating to override a/the black one.
I`ve reinstated Eternal_September, which *seems* to be O/K. Using
current Thunderbird, (not so good). Which version are others using with
E/S?.