From: pinnerite@gmail.com (pinnerite)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Lost channel 236
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 21:37:50 +0100
 by: pinnerite - Mon, 15 May 2023 20:37 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 11:00:45 +0100
Bob Latham <bob@sick-of-spam.invalid> wrote:

> In article <20230510102815.0815c48756571c4e54929103@gmail.com>,
> pinnerite <pinnerite@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am not interested in the politics. I want to discover why
> > MythTV might be missing/ignoring it.
>
> > My TV signal passes from the aerial to a distributrion amplifer.
> > From there there are feeds going to diferent rooms in the bungalow.
> > The TV on one picks it up.
> > The computer on another does not.
> > I was guessing that possibly other channels carried by the same
> > mux might also be missing but that isn't so.
> > GB News is on ARQ B. So is Al Jazeera and I do see that.
>
> If you are receiving the mux which includes Quest on 12 Talking
> pictures on 82 and as you say Al Jazeera on 235 then it must be the
> TV that is rejecting 236. I can only think that means that it has
> been killed in some user choices within the set's configuration.
>
> Bob.

The problem was solved by a helper on the MythTV Forum.

He guessed that MythTV was harbouring settings for several "old" tuners
that were not showing up on the tuner settings page. He suggested use
the "Delete all tuners" option and setting my two up again before
rescanning.

Alan

--
Mint 21.1, kernel 5.15.0-67-generic, Cinnamon 5.6.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 16GB of