From: davey@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: More fun with subtitles
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 12:28:32 +0100
 by: Davey - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 11:28 UTC

While happily admitting that I could probably do no better, I enjoy the
unintentional humour in live subtitles on the TV.
Today's was during the BBC Weather forecast, and included the comment
that rain in Scotland and Norther Ireland would be accompanied by a
heavy battery. Now that sounds like a big thunderstorm.

--
Davey.

Re: More fun with subtitles

<kgvvjpFlvieU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41682&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41682

From: email@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: More fun with subtitles
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 15:47:21 +0100
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 14:47 UTC

On 09/07/2023 12:28, Davey wrote:
> While happily admitting that I could probably do no better, I enjoy the
> unintentional humour in live subtitles on the TV.
> Today's was during the BBC Weather forecast, and included the comment
> that rain in Scotland and Norther Ireland would be accompanied by a
> heavy battery. Now that sounds like a big thunderstorm.

I'd like to build a huge storage capacitor that can be charged up by a
lightning bolt to a suitability built tower, that would then run my
house for a number of years.

I just need to connect up some good enough cable between them, and check
my 'act of god' insurance policy, while I fiddle with the connections ...

--
Adrian C

Re: More fun with subtitles

<u8ej0n$25g27$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41683&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41683

From: jon@nospam.cn (jon)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 15:16:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: jon - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 15:16 UTC

On Sun, 09 Jul 2023 15:47:21 +0100, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

> On 09/07/2023 12:28, Davey wrote:
>> While happily admitting that I could probably do no better, I enjoy the
>> unintentional humour in live subtitles on the TV.
>> Today's was during the BBC Weather forecast, and included the comment
>> that rain in Scotland and Norther Ireland would be accompanied by a
>> heavy battery. Now that sounds like a big thunderstorm.
>>

> I'd like to build a huge storage capacitor that can be charged up by a
> lightning bolt to a suitability built tower, that would then run my
> house for a number of years.
>
> I just need to connect up some good enough cable between them, and check
> my 'act of god' insurance policy, while I fiddle with the connections

I think he lightning bolt will be to late, one needs to discharge the
cloud space slowly with a big resistor connected to your huge storage
capacitor.