From: richard_taylor01@yahoo.co.uk (Dickie mint)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Tale of two LNBs
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 16:38:07 +0100
 by: Dickie mint - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 15:38 UTC

Back in 2021 I enquired in the hallowed halls of u.t.broadcast about
Hybrid LNBs. Thank you guys who replied.

As the Humax Foxsat PVR has developed this odd fault where it won't play
back recordings it has listed or actually record programmes the 'i'
button says it is recording, I've bought a Freesat 4k Recordable box.
(Isn't it wonderful how much smaller the new stuff is!) This can take
wideband LNB outputs and thus record 4 programmes.

I'm thinking of ordering the new Labgear 2 + 4 LNB (2 wideband and 4
legacy outputs), but why does it have to say "Supplied with a Sky
compatible bracket ...."? Haven't they heard of Freesat? I don't have
sky! It's the same Satellite after all.

Not being up to date with dishes will the bracket still be the same as
the one I bought back in 2004?

If the Hybrid LNB is just a case of replacing the existing one and thus
just using the two shotgun cables, one cable for the wideband outputs
into the new Freesat box, one cable for 2 of the legacy outputs for the
LG telly and the other legacy one to wave around in the lounge at the
back of the telly as a spare, I can manage to get up the ladder to the
dish to do it.

If not, I'm thinking of getting an aerial firm in, as my arthritic knees
and torn tendon won't allow a lot of ladder climbing. So I don't want to
get ripped off by the man telling me "you need a new dish, mate"!

Re: Tale of two LNBs

<uam0ti$1qnpa$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41766&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41766

From: harrogate3@ntlworld.com (Woody)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Tale of two LNBs
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 18:29:21 +0100
 by: Woody - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 17:29 UTC

On Sat 05/08/2023 16:38, Dickie mint wrote:
> Back in 2021 I enquired in the hallowed halls  of u.t.broadcast about
> Hybrid LNBs.  Thank you guys who replied.
>
> As the Humax Foxsat PVR has developed this odd fault where it won't play
> back recordings it has listed or actually record programmes the 'i'
> button says it is recording, I've bought a Freesat 4k Recordable box.
> (Isn't it wonderful how much smaller the new stuff is!) This can take
> wideband LNB outputs and thus record 4 programmes.
>
> I'm thinking of ordering the new Labgear 2 + 4 LNB (2 wideband and 4
> legacy outputs), but why does it have to say "Supplied with a Sky
> compatible bracket ...."? Haven't they heard of Freesat? I don't have
> sky! It's the same Satellite after all.
>
> Not being up to date with dishes will the bracket still be the same as
> the one I bought back in 2004?
>
> If the Hybrid LNB is just a case of replacing the existing one and thus
> just using the two shotgun cables, one cable for the wideband outputs
> into the new Freesat box, one cable for 2 of the legacy outputs for the
> LG telly and the other legacy one to wave around in the lounge at the
> back of the telly as a spare, I can manage to get up the ladder to the
> dish to do it.
>
> If not, I'm thinking of getting an aerial firm in, as my arthritic knees
> and torn tendon won't allow a lot of ladder climbing. So I don't want to
> get ripped off by the man telling me "you need a new dish, mate"!

The dish you have is probably a type 3 where the LNB holder pushes into
the end of the arm. Type 4 dishes started a bit later I think and the
LNB holder is a square 'U' shape that fits over the top of the outside
of the arm. Many have a small spirit level on the top of that 'U' bit. I
stand to be corrected but I think wideband LNB's only come in type 4.
Try item 285411847172 on eBay which should meet your requirements.