From: richard_taylor01@yahoo.co.uk (Dickie mint)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Unwanted recordings
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:37:09 +0100
 by: Dickie mint - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 07:37 UTC

On our new DSAT box, simply branded as 'Freesat' - Humax no longer
allowed to make them, we're getting programmes recorded we didn't set.
Not just time displaced but ones we would never want to record.

Yesterday we discovered it had recorded a CBeebies programme and a BBC3
one on Friday. And, yes they are actually there. Also discovered the
same thing had happened on an old Humax Freeview PVR.

One wild thought is that as the new manufacturer has used the same
remote control codes as the Freeview box, something set on one PVR is
setting something completely different on the 'off' one. (It's no longer
off, having been turned on by one of the buttons on the other) Weird.

Out comes the black tape to cover the opto led on one box! Although as
it's not obvious where it is the whole box front will have to be covered.

Re: Unwanted recordings

<ds4hdi57755l7acm7ff5c5802vdugh7269@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41784&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41784

From: newsgroups@gefion.myzen.co.uk (Scott)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Unwanted recordings
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 09:30:18 +0100
 by: Scott - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:30 UTC

On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:37:09 +0100, Dickie mint
<richard_taylor01@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>On our new DSAT box, simply branded as 'Freesat' - Humax no longer
>allowed to make them, we're getting programmes recorded we didn't set.
>Not just time displaced but ones we would never want to record.
>
>Yesterday we discovered it had recorded a CBeebies programme and a BBC3
>one on Friday. And, yes they are actually there. Also discovered the
>same thing had happened on an old Humax Freeview PVR.
>
>One wild thought is that as the new manufacturer has used the same
>remote control codes as the Freeview box, something set on one PVR is
>setting something completely different on the 'off' one. (It's no longer
>off, having been turned on by one of the buttons on the other) Weird.
>
>Out comes the black tape to cover the opto led on one box! Although as
>it's not obvious where it is the whole box front will have to be covered.

I liked it when a young guy living with his mother decided to download
some porn. He put a childlock on the PVR to stop his mother finding
the material. The problem was that he managed to fill the disk. The
mother contacted Sky customer support and told them she could not
understand how the disk could be full as she had only saved about six
programmes. Sky investigated and told her the true explanation!

Re: Unwanted recordings

<ubaanj$1plju$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41785&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41785

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 11:19:30 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:19 UTC

Did Sky get rapped over the knuckles for Data insecurity though? Lets hope
he went and got his own recorder. It reminds me of that Robby Williams
lyric, the pause buttons broke on my video. I can only imagine what he was
doing.
Brian

--

--: