From: bob@sick-of-spam.invalid (Bob Latham)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: OT: Retro Electro Workshop
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:12:35 +0100
 by: Bob Latham - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:12 UTC

Some folk here may be interested in Retro Electro Workshop on the
Yesterday Channel starts next Tuesday at 9.00pm.

Obviously, I've not seen it yet but it looks as if it might be
interesting.

Bob.

Re: Retro Electro Workshop

<u90bd9$nq4c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41731&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41731

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Subject: Re: Retro Electro Workshop
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 09:57:13 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 08:57 UTC

That would be straight after the recently launched new series on secrets of
the London Underground then?
Depends on what sort of stuff they renovate and do not screw up by bad
editing.
Not really that interested in old pinball machines, but old valve radios,
yes.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Bob Latham" <bob@sick-of-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Some folk here may be interested in Retro Electro Workshop on the
> Yesterday Channel starts next Tuesday at 9.00pm.
>
> Obviously, I've not seen it yet but it looks as if it might be
> interesting.
>
> Bob.

Re: Retro Electro Workshop

<u9amq6$2jqqn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41735&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41735

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 08:13:35 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 07:13 UTC

Actually it was not that bad. Of course the hours of work on these items was
condensed down a lot for an hours show. The guy was very lucky to get a
manual for the old co-op radio though. Its funny but whenever you do get old
gear, you find somebody has been in there before you. Its lucky that radio
design was pretty standard around the time of the radio concerned.
The Atari device was interesting as I bet there are a lot of modified
devices now that all the analogue tvs are in the bin. Even back in the day
of older computing devices, we tended to add our own AV sockets, since the
rf modulators often drifted or interfered with existing stations of the
time. I have an Atari 800xl upstairs with a basketball cart, and a 1050
disc drives with games on it. No idea if it all works, but due to very slow
serial leads, it still took an age to load from disc.
Kind of makes you wonder what these things are worth.
They also did a Christmas singing puppet, I remember several of those, most
were Santa Clause, not Pinocchio though. Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bob Latham" <bob@sick-of-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Some folk here may be interested in Retro Electro Workshop on the
> Yesterday Channel starts next Tuesday at 9.00pm.
>
> Obviously, I've not seen it yet but it looks as if it might be
> interesting.
>
> Bob.

Re: Retro Electro Workshop

<5adb757977noise@audiomisc.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=41940&group=uk.tech.digital-tv#41940

Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
From: noise@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 23 14:45:04 UTC
 by: Jim Lesurf - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 14:45 UTC

I'm finding it an interesting 'watch' for two reasons.

1) Having seen/repaired/designed/etc lots of audio kit it is interesting to
see some of the non-audio or non-hifi items and how they get repaired.
Sometimes in ways I'd not have done so. Sometimes showing some interesting
approaches.

2) Nice to see 'T' again 40-odd years after Armstrong ceased as a hi-fi
maker and morphed into a coffee-shop + repair shop.[1] Also interesting to
see the old Logo, etc, still on the shop. :-)

[1] Back when, 'T' was one of the top repair bods at the company. In those
days we often told customers bringing in something for service that if they
went and had a cup of tea and came back in a while the set they'd brought
in for service would be fixed and ready to take away. (Trick was
replaceable circuit boards.) That then morphed into having a tea/coffee
shop so the company could sell them something and have them sit happily as
they waited. ...which then morphed into what exists now after the move to
Walthamstow.

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm